Key Items?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Key Items?
Key Items?
By Untouchablevoid 2011-10-07 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on capping out Cooking (lvl 66 atm) and have yet to really build up Guild Points since I've just picked it up again after a 3 year break. Are all of the Key items for it worth getting? I'd imagine some of the food could prove useful now with VWNMs and such. For now I'm definitely getting Patissier since I'm planning to use Gateau aux Fraises and Bauche au Chocolat for my next skill-ups since the ingredients are easy to get if Sandy is in first place for Conquest.

Thoughts and/or recommendations?
By Ceas 2011-10-07 09:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

All KIs except Stewpot Mastery are useful. I used Patissier years ago for cream puffs and stuff like that... it's not a very profitable KI anymore but awesome for skill up synths and it costs only 8k GP.

Get Noodle and Sushi KIs too, there are a few good sushi skill up recipes on the way to 100.
 Carbuncle.Shayala
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Shayala
By Carbuncle.Shayala 2011-10-07 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely get the sushi one.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-10 11:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i got sushi first cause i'm also fishing and they work great together and all sushi recipes are almost the same so easy to remember

pastier cause its only 8k really and you can make the nice creampuffs for your blm friends (and they sell a bit on ah but slowly)

noodle k´needling was the last i took just to be sure to make cabonara later on. -haven't used it yet

stew pot mastery seems to be useless to me

atm working to get my NQ ring then i will probably stop on cooking gp and work on getting fishing gp for serpents rumour ki