Main Healing - Text Color Choices / Filter Settings

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Main Healing - Text Color Choices / Filter Settings
Main Healing - Text Color Choices / Filter Settings
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-22 15:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious what other people out there use when they are main healing, as far as filter settings for text/effects, as well as what they have their text colors set at.

I know that when I'm main healing, especially in a tank party, I usually run with fairly minimal filters. I've learned to scan the log very well, which helps sometimes in catching those enfeebles on your people that you might otherwise have missed.

Text color seems to help some of that stand out, too.

Please include screenshots or at least fairly explicit descriptions of what you use. I'm considering overhauling my own setups, and just seeing what works for other people.

Thanks!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-22 15:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage Taken - Bright bright Red
Damage Healed - Bright Bright Blue
Actions - Bright Bright Yellow
Everything Else - Bland Greyish White
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-22 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, do people find that "attacks evaded" is a good one to have filtered or not?

I know that if you have it filtered, you don't see Utsusemi shadows taken, as well as parries, dodges, or enfeebles resisted/evaded.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-22 15:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For colors, I use bright Green for "Hp Gained", bright Red for "Damage Taken", dimmer green for "beneficial status", dimmer red for "negative status" and yellow and white for everything else. LS chat is bright blue, party chat is light blue (default)...all I can think of off the top of my head.

As for filtering, I turn on all "others", crafting results...pretty much it that I can remember, but I'll turn others on when I'm in Campaign or besieged where there's a lot going on...

Edit: I turn on filter for attacks that miss on both sides, I don't care when the mob misses me or I miss the mob, makes counting shadows easier. For me anyways.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-22 16:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I Use a pretty bright green for HP healed and have DMG taken filtered out. I normally don't main heal but when I do I just watch everyone's HP bar on the side. I use a bright red for when Monsters cast or use a JA and when someone is inflicted with a bad effect so it's easily noticed if I need to stun or take something off of someone. I use Orange for beneficial effects. Bright Blue for DMG I do (and party if I choose to put that filter off). Purple for evading and shadows absorbed for blink tanking. Dull green for LS chat, and a Gray-ish color for Party chat. Everything else is white, or close to white.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-22 16:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay! I'm too lazy to describe mine right now >_> Click for bigger pictures

Chat Filters
User submitted imageUser submitted imageUser submitted imageUser submitted image

I gain beneficial/detrimental effect & I evade:
User submitted imageUser submitted imageUser submitted image

Others gain beneficial/detrimental effect & others evade (even though I have it filtered >_>):
User submitted imageUser submitted imageUser submitted image

Any action:
User submitted image
[+]
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-22 16:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

On filters:
-Attacks by party
-Missed attacks by party
-Attacks my allies
-Missed attacks by allies
-All 'Other' and NPC related filters

Colour Filters:
-Beneficial effects = Bright green
-Detrimental effects = Bright red
-HP/MP recovered = Warm blue
-HP/MP lose = Red
-Effects resist = Off pink
-Evaded = Default
-Standard battle messages = Bright yellow

Detrimental effects, standard battle messages and beneficial effects are the most important filters for me, so they stand out above all other colours. I can still see HP/MP recovered well too, because of the warmer blue.

LS, party, /say and /tell are all default settings.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-22 16:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't bother with attacks evaded by party, dmg done by pt or attacks missed by pt(unless parsing).

I only care about attacks evaded by myself if I'm taking dmg and losing shadows. Not gonna bother counting the tanks shadows when they aren't. >.> lol As for the others...

Blue for HP recovered, Red for dmg taken, yellow for enfeebles, white for dmg done, and that's about it I think. =)
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-22 16:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed Hitetsu had 'Hold' selected for Linkshell chat. I've always wondered, what the hell is that option for? lol
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-22 16:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say thanks so far to everyone, especially Hitetsu with the screenies.

I've had much the same settings for a long time, and I just feel like I need to adjust them. I seem to be missing stuff more lately than I used to, and I'm not sure if a color scheme change might help. Granted, I know mob moves like the back of my hand and precast quite often, but while I have PLD, SAM, and BRD 75, and BLM at 72, I'll always consider myself a White Mage at heart. There's no place I'd rather be than in the Tank party, and nothing more fun than a difficult fight.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-22 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
I noticed Hitetsu had 'Hold' selected for Linkshell chat. I've always wondered, what the hell is that option for? lol

When your log gets flooded, it automatically places LS chat "On-Top" of it all for a few seconds so you can read it before it disappears.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-22 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hold" means that the lines from that type of chat are held in a split pane at the top of the log window cycle for a few extra seconds. It makes it so that if the log is spamming by during something like Kirin, you don't miss a critical /linkshell hate call for "GA GA GA ~ Hate is on Name ~ RUN RUN RUN!!!" or something of the like.

My Einherjar shell included in the rules that everyone set Party and Linkshell chat to "Hold" during runs, and had rules that only LS Officers and the puller were allowed to use LS chat.
 Odin.Dreamriver
user:
By Odin.Dreamriver 2009-04-22 18:14:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
Also, do people find that "attacks evaded" is a good one to have filtered or not?

I know that if you have it filtered, you don't see Utsusemi shadows taken, as well as parries, dodges, or enfeebles resisted/evaded.

Would'nt make much difference if your just on WHM, being NIN main it's no good filtering that. I use the text colour of grey for "Enemy misses player". I have it about 8 clicks up from 0 on the text RGB configuration. One I do have filtered is the "Player misses enemy" filter, if nothing connects it wont clutter your log but when it does connect your "Player hits enemy for.." just shows anyway.
On my WHM I prefer healing as green, any dmgs in red, detriments are purple, enhancements are dark blue
 Hades.Kadia
Server: Hades
user: kadia112
By Hades.Kadia 2009-04-23 16:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

everytime i try to change my font colors, if i turn off my ps2 or /logoff it resets my settings back to normal. can any1 explain this?