Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?
Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?
First Page 2 3 4
By Foxfire 2011-09-20 20:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently in the midst of Dynamis Bubu, trying to figure everything out.

So far, I know Crawlers are JA, Bunnies I'm not clear on, but possibly JA, and Mandies we couldn't/haven't gotten a proc on.

We're currently at 4/5 TEs though, so I'm still not done with testing.

I'm not entirely sure how it goes here, but it's currently in between 0:00 - 8:00, but I'm not sure if that actually affects anything.

Does anyone have conclusive data on Nightmare mob procs?
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-09-20 21:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rabbits are typically THFs, whereas Mandis are MNKs. Keep trying to spam JAs on them.

Though, that's odd. Not sure why Crawlers would be JAs, seeing as they're typically WARs.
 Cerberus.Kadia
Server: Cerberus
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-09-20 21:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure it was already posted that 0:00-8:00 was magic procs for nightmare mobs. then 8:01-16:00 is JA then 16:01 to 0:00 is WS. WS and JA might be mixed up. dont member.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-09-20 21:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

from what i have read on another post was inbetween 0:00-8:00 its JAs then ws then magic i believe ill have to find the topic again to repost what i say atleast
By Foxfire 2011-09-20 21:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's past 8:00, and magic staggered crabs.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-09-20 21:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kadia said: »
pretty sure it was already posted that 0:00-8:00 was magic procs for nightmare mobs. then 8:01-16:00 is JA then 16:01 to 0:00 is WS. WS and JA might be mixed up. dont member.
Interesting. I'll have to afk when it's time for WS procs. Haha.
By Foxfire 2011-09-20 21:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a screenshot of JA triggering the crabs, so it's definitely time, but I don't have precise intervals. I can more or less point out when one ends and the other begins, but only for magic + JA, I believe.

It's weird, however, because the order went something like JA > Magic > JA > Magic.

I never had an interval for WS, and it *may* vary between mobs, because I believe someone was getting JA procs on Efts while we got magic procs on crabs.

This is somewhat confusing.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-09-20 21:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

not proc related, but in regards to buburimu, which mobs drop the -1 hands (specifically aa-1)? its been awhile since i was there.

really exploring for the first time w/out looking at maps but i did stumble upon 4 TEs, even with these i couldnt proc anything, and drops seem pretty abysmal:
-killed maybe 10 ravens with no drops
-killed maybe 5 goblins with only a summoner's bracers
-killed 2 quadav, no drops
-killed 2 yagudo, no drops
-killed 2 orcs, no drops
-killed a bunny, got an abyss cape (contrary to wiki info)
By Foxfire 2011-09-20 21:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems drops are either global now [similar to regular dynamis], or more expanded between nightmare mobs.

We killed various Ravens and got Abyss cape like 4~ish times. We hadn't gotten a single TE by then, however.

As we progressed, we saw different mobs drop similar items: Bunny dropped Koga tekko -1, and so did crabs. I didn't keep track of what dropped which, but going with the wiki's information, it seems a lot of it does not match anymore. I would say it requires serious updating now. :s
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-09-20 21:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome, lol
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-20 23:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Bubu earlier and I went in thinking the 0-8/8-16/16-24 system was correct, only to realize that it's not. It also seemed to change between mobs. I started fighting ravens between 0-8 and they were all JA proc. Moved to scorpions for a bit and around 14:00 they switched to magic from JA. Went to dhalmels after that, they were still magic but moved back to ravens after two kills. Ravens were WS at this point, I believe it was around 18:00 or so, and then they changed to magic sometime after that. After 0:00 they were back to JA again... it just seemed really random. I should have kept better records of what proced at what times.

Also, used the BGwiki TE map, something was terribly off. TE-1 was not where it was supposed to be, nor the type of stone it was supposed to be. After getting 2-4 and them being pretty much in the same area as the map said, we spent a good 20 mins looking around for the second Avatar Idol. We ended up finding a second Warchief Tombstone instead over towards TE-5 on the map which gave us the 20 minute TE. I have a feeling 4 of them (the 10 minute stats) may stay the same and 1 has a chance to spawn as any of the 4 types of statues just based on this observation.

Ravens did drop accessories they didn't used to drop but I can't say for sure if it's just slightly expanded or if they can drop everything. I saw 2 DRK capes, 2 RDM belts, 2 BLU mantles, and 2 NIN belts. -1's seemed about the same as they've always been.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-20 23:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We're still trying to work out where the TEs hang out. It is possible that they can spawn in several different locations that are fairly far apart.
 Hades.Ganesha
Server: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2011-09-20 23:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Valkurm earlier, the system is pretty simple.

00:00-08:00 = Magic Proc
08:00-16:00 = WS Proc
16:00-00:00 = JA Proc

We had it pretty much perfect. Only struggled proc'ing during magic phase as we only had a NIN/DNC MNK/DNC and THF/NIN.

As for TEs... They are in the "area" of the mobs not a set location like other dynamis zones. The whole area where that mob family is, the TE is somewhere among them. Every beastman has 1 TE. Orcs Quadavs Goblins and Yags. The 20 minute TE is an EXTRA TE in one of those families.

Drops ended up being 3 BLM Belts, THF Cape, 4 BST Belts RNG-1 SMN-1 COR-1 BLM-1 and 288 singles and 3 boss pop items...
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-20 23:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I am absolutely positive I was only able to proc with JAs between 0:00 and 8:00 in Bubu today so I think there's more to the system than that.
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2011-09-20 23:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it changes by zone, but in Valkurm that was the case for us...
By Foxfire 2011-09-20 23:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We did magic stagger @~10:00 game-time, so.

I figure that system is wrong.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-20 23:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be, either by zone or by mob type. I swear I had scorpions change from JA to magic on me at 14:00, but maybe I'm crazy.
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2011-09-20 23:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ofcourse the only screenshot I have doesn't show the time we proc'd. >_<
I may have the Magic and WS system back to front, but I wrote down the JA proc times while we were trying to figure it out. 16:24 16:53 17:01 and 17:29 were all JA procs, after that I stopped writing as it was pretty conclusive. We then JA proc'd all the way till 00:00.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-20 23:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 0-8 was always JA in Bubu as far as I could tell but WS and magic seemed to differ between mobs.
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2011-09-20 23:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Think we're going to do Valk again tomorrow, I'll screenshot procs and times if we do...
By Foxfire 2011-09-20 23:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc'ing JA at 17:00-18:00.

We noticed the change at ~16:30 if I'm not mistaken, as evidenced by a previous screenshot of mine, but they're separated so I have to kind-of edit them together for continuity.

also, this one is dubious, but I can confirm it was JA, because he used Kurayami to pull, and the crab ran over to us before it was terror'd.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-09-21 00:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »
Did Bubu earlier and I went in thinking the 0-8/8-16/16-24 system was correct, only to realize that it's not. It also seemed to change between mobs. I started fighting ravens between 0-8 and they were all JA proc. Moved to scorpions for a bit and around 14:00 they switched to magic from JA. Went to dhalmels after that, they were still magic but moved back to ravens after two kills. Ravens were WS at this point, I believe it was around 18:00 or so, and then they changed to magic sometime after that. After 0:00 they were back to JA again... it just seemed really random. I should have kept better records of what proced at what times.

Also, used the BGwiki TE map, something was terribly off. TE-1 was not where it was supposed to be, nor the type of stone it was supposed to be. After getting 2-4 and them being pretty much in the same area as the map said, we spent a good 20 mins looking around for the second Avatar Idol. We ended up finding a second Warchief Tombstone instead over towards TE-5 on the map which gave us the 20 minute TE. I have a feeling 4 of them (the 10 minute stats) may stay the same and 1 has a chance to spawn as any of the 4 types of statues just based on this observation.

Ravens did drop accessories they didn't used to drop but I can't say for sure if it's just slightly expanded or if they can drop everything. I saw 2 DRK capes, 2 RDM belts, 2 BLU mantles, and 2 NIN belts. -1's seemed about the same as they've always been.

@_@ but how have they always been i forgot ; ;
 Leviathan.Kiddos
Server: Leviathan
user: Kiddos
By Leviathan.Kiddos 2011-09-21 00:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What I tested last night in bubu. Reposting from bg.

Procs for nightmare named mobs were held on a cycle. Magic>JA>WS. Tested on the beach west of entrance on mandies/crawlers/crabs. Procs change every 8 hours on 00/08/16. Procs can change while engaged. You can cycle between certain mobs if you are heavy/light in some procs. Ex. Time=20:00 Mandies are magic, Crawlers are ja, Crabs are ws. We killed crawlers and crabs with our party of xxx/dnc and dnc/xxx since magic procs suck to work on. Time=00:00 Mandies are now ja, Crawlers are now ws, Crabs are now magic.

TL;DR

Timed procs, varies between mob families.
By Foxfire 2011-09-21 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So nightmare mobs cycle on procs, then.

That just makes things annoying. :s I guess this just requires further testing between all of them.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-21 00:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
@_@ but how have they always been i forgot ; ;
I'm fairly sure all nightmare mobs have a chance to drop all -1 gear. Think I saw 6 or 7 different jobs from ravens today, with doubles of a few of them.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-09-21 00:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I THF + DRG did Hypogryphs in Valkrum and got 4 different job accs and 2 -1s and around 10 Coins without procs. We had our subjobs unlocked. Is having them locked related? I'm guessing it's KI related towards getting the clear. Also got plenty of pop items for the zone boss.

Regarding procs the Hypos weren't proced by WSes. We didn't try too many JAs other than bully.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-21 00:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I also noticed nightmare mobs have a fairly high drop rate on 1 piece of currency without being proced (with TH6+). Accessories and -1 seem to be only affected by TH as well. Regular beastmen mobs seemed to drop 4-5 pieces of currency often with proc, more than I'll usually see per proced mob in a regular city. Nightmare mobs tend to drop 2-3. Each different type of nightmare mob only drops one type of currency now as well from what I saw. Ravens had bynes, dhalmels and scorpions had shells.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-21 00:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Recaldy said: »
Regarding procs the Hypos weren't proced by WSes. We didn't try too many JAs other than bully.

Did you manage to get Bully to proc at all? I tried it several times during JA hours and couldn't get it to work, wondering if it's just a waste to try like Mug always has been for me.
By Foxfire 2011-09-21 00:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Crabs had shells, bunnies were... o pieces? and crawlers were bynes, I believe.

If that's important.
First Page 2 3 4