Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-09-20 03:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is soo awesome!
I could care less about the intimidation value,
but to enable yourself to sneak attack any mob in the face is just outstanding. (outside of Hide capabilities)
Finally you can pull a mean Rudra's while tanking or solo, In yo face!

Been doing 4700-6300 on Apkallu @lv95 playing with it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-20 03:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason not to use Bully unless it is a mob that will rape your ***if you aren't ready for it.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-20 05:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ok
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-09-20 08:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup its awesome. Leveled from 90>95 in about 70 minutes yesterday (lolAbyssea :P) and toyed with it. I didnt have to spam evis in an EXP party in abyssea finally. Got to get my rudras atmas on. SARudras for 58-6300 at 100tp all night. Record at 7.5kish last night (300tp) in its FACE! Gotta love it!

This JA deserves a macro in your main set. Use it. Spam it. Love it. Take it out to dinner and $#%& it.

I then did a dual box limbus run with Thf+Rdm. Abused the hell outta that baby. Also finished a good 15 min faster (~1:15 down to under an hour)

Now i just cant wait till we can merit down the timer at 99 :P (PRZ SE PRRRRRZZZZ!)

Although I havent used it yet to actually full stack SATA on a tank yet, but that will be nice as well.
By Kalima 2011-09-20 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I played around with it for a bit as well last night. The intimidation rate is of course nothing to write home about, but I was able to get 2 to 3 intimidations on the TKH NM per use. My only real gripe is that you only have a 30 sec window. Sure if you time everything right then you can get 2 SAs in, but not too practical in most situations. Instead of a lower recast I would much rather prefer a longer duration.

Which brings me to my question. Now that we have bully and hide for a multidirectional SA would it be more damage efficient to merit hide for this purpose alone or would it be better to fully merit SA timer?
user: mwingate
By Fenrir.Apyrrhicvictory 2011-09-20 09:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

THF tanking with the ability to have good Mercy Stroke numbers is pretty awesome.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-20 09:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate bullies.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 09:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hide merits are rather useless imo, too many mobs are not sight onry.(Dont think it works on any NMs). You are better off with SA merits.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-09-20 10:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalima said: »
My only real gripe is that you only have a 30 sec window. Sure if you time everything right then you can get 2 SAs in, but not too practical in most situations. Instead of a lower recast I would much rather prefer a longer duration.

Yeah this was what I thought when it was first announced with its duration/recast.

Quote:
Now that we have bully and hide for a multidirectional SA would it be more damage efficient to merit hide for this purpose alone or would it be better to fully merit SA timer?

I don't understand how meriting the hide time would help? The whole purpose of Bully is to make it so that you don't need to Hide to land SA.

If you mean having them both so that you can do multiple front Sneak Attacks, Bully changes nothing about the previous status quo that favored Sneak Attack timer.

EDIT: Although I guess it depends on playstyle. The more you play in a big group, the more advantageous SA timer is over Hide.
By Kalima 2011-09-20 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »
Kalima said: »
My only real gripe is that you only have a 30 sec window. Sure if you time everything right then you can get 2 SAs in, but not too practical in most situations. Instead of a lower recast I would much rather prefer a longer duration.

Yeah this was what I thought when it was first announced with its duration/recast.

Quote:
Now that we have bully and hide for a multidirectional SA would it be more damage efficient to merit hide for this purpose alone or would it be better to fully merit SA timer?

I don't understand how meriting the hide time would help? The whole purpose of Bully is to make it so that you don't need to Hide to land SA.

If you mean having them both so that you can do multiple front Sneak Attacks, Bully changes nothing about the previous status quo that favored Sneak Attack timer.

EDIT: Although I guess it depends on playstyle. The more you play in a big group, the more advantageous SA timer is over Hide.

Yeah I guess I should have clarified for solo purposes only since that was what I had in mind. But I guess it would also factor in what type of mobs you were fighting since hide doesn't work on everything.

Oh well I was just wondering if it would be worth trying to get in more solo SA's that way....guess not.