Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » WS Gear Website Question
WS Gear Website Question
 Asura.Criticat
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Criticat 2011-08-30 21:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have recently been introduced to a website called:

http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ (to go here, obviously replace the *** with the letters "a" "s" "s")

The WS gear suggestions on the website say to stack all STR on Evisceration, but I was always told to use DEX because it is the modifier... So my question is, which one is it?

ALSO, there is no suggestion to use the Sea torque or Abyssea Belts on the website, so I am also wondering if they are obsolete or still preferred over stat gear. If someone can answer my two questions, I would appreciate it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 21:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read the disclaimer? yeah. it's not perfect.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-30 21:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends where you are.
Inside abyssea base dex is capped (from what I heard)
So having STR + Attack is a must.

But outside abyssea still need alot of DEX.So Dex + Attack if you can afford it.

Also your website doesnt work to me.

I believe you don't need THAT much ACC anymore.So THE thing is to use Love torque + Cuchulain's Belt for Evisceration.
Soil Gorget + soil Belt is deffinitly Overkill.
I personally do soil Gorget + Cuchulain's because I do not own a love torque.
 Asura.Criticat
Server: Asura
By Asura.Criticat 2011-08-30 21:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The website works, you need to replace some letters to make it work, i'll try to direct link it. or edit the original link.

I understand it is not perfect, but WS modifiers being completely off (if this is the case) is kind of a big problem.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-30 21:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a calculator, for starters.

I have a spreadsheet you can use for WSs (credit to Byrth), it's mostly for DNC though. It has PK, DE, Evis, and Rudra's. Also doesn't factor in crit damage, but that won't change anything regarding mods anyways. I think the biggest issue with the site you linked is it doesn't account for fSTR or dDEX or even pDIF caps.

Quote:
Depends where you are.
Inside abyssea base dex is capped (from what I heard)
So having STR + Attack is a must.

DEX being capped is mostly in regards to dDEX, and fSTR is capped too for daggers just as easily. So the only benefit of STR is for the attack, attack and DEX are your best options inside abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-31 09:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Str is basically the equivalent of a 30% mod tacked on to every WS, but it will cap eventually.

There is an annoying thing about WS mods that the mods are actually reduced a smidge as we level up (the 'alpha'). So really, the 30% dex mod on evis is dropped down to almost exactly 25% and 4str=1 base damage usually, so str=25% also. so in reality, a 30% real mod is reduced to 25%, and str is just a straight 25%. So you can look at it as str is the same as a 30% mod, but caps. So a 60% dex mod like rudras, dex is 2x as potent as str for example. Evis/DE wiht 30% mods, 1str=1dex till str caps.

Long story short, point for point dex=str on evis for raw base damage. BUT, str caps and dex never does. You can have 10,000 dex and adding more will still increase damage. The crit rate from dex DOES cap, but not the base damage from the WS mod.

Str=Dex until str caps. Str adds a smidge of atk, dex adds a smidge of acc. Not enough to really worry about when comparing. Abyssea you will basically auto-cap str on most things from cruor buffs+gear with daggers. Crit rate will also be capped with RR+cruor+gear easy. Outside abyssea, Fstr is less likely (but still very possible) to cap.

When in doubt, use dex. Almost identical damage boost but never caps. (and synergy with SA far better)
[+]
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-09-06 23:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience... Evisceration LOVES ATT.

What I try to build for is: Crit% > Att > Dex > Acc > Str

Offhanding Fire Kila +2
Heca's have 3%Crit 4Acc augments.

I would also recommend THF DMG Calculator over using that webpage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-09-07 00:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As others have said, the site doesn't do everything for you.

One, it's primarily designed to simply find alternative gear or gear for various sets.

Two, there are very limited specialty sets and for good reason.
Generally the site's author will take mods and create a formula for weighting certain stats and base it off that so what part is the actual best isn't going to necessarily be on the list nor in order.

Three, Doesn't take in to account the situation.

Simply a good site for finding gear with specific stats on it. Great tool if you know how to use it. Prime bait for wtf gear thread if you don't...
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-09-07 09:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »

Good Luck with that!