Game: FFXI
user: Sebi4eva
By Quetzalcoatl.Sebi 2011-08-28 19:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My original SE Forum Post

Quote:
Pray

Hello, very old WHM here.

Seeing that Cura and Cura II have never been used I'd like to propose a change. Maybe you guys should think about reintroducing Pray and/or Vigor. Like range attacks are forced each round, pray would be the same way. Player would have a delay like a melee's swing. Pray would heal for only a small amount, building up very gradually. Allowing WHM to store mp, if only for a little while. Pray and Vigor should have the distance and rules of cura, very short and very limiting. Self target only. This allows WHM to step forward into frontline while still remaining a mage. Since this JA would be would forced, those who wish to melee may continue to do so.

Just a suggestion~ Thanks

From my original Post on SE's forums. It's a bit quieter there so I'll ask players here for their opinion.

My idea is more or less the method of healing in FFXI-2. Where each round healers prays and those in range gets a very small cure. For FFXI fights last longer so I would like the cure to gradually build if only but a little. As said above only a suggestion and opinion. Feel free to discuss~ Thanks
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-08-28 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. I could see a kind of 'aura' regen effect. Maybe one that cures better than regen, but drains mp by the tick? Would be interesting to see some new forms of healing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sebi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sebi 2011-08-28 20:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said: »
Hmm. I could see a kind of 'aura' regen effect. Maybe one that cures better than regen, but drains mp by the tick? Would be interesting to see some new forms of healing.

A bit fuzzy on the mechanics but rather than a regen aura which is continuous this would be more like attacking with a bow where you have to hit /pray <me> each round. Regen aura would be too simple imitating carbuncle's favor and accession regen.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-08-28 20:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get what you mean by each round. It isnt turn based and constantly spamming a pray macro would not allow a whm for whatever reason to melee, the way you describe it. You don't want it like regen but just want to spam a macro getting whm to the front line to stand close and give a little heal every few seconds?
By Artemicion 2011-08-28 20:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be cool if they added Pray and made it completely random like in Earthbound :D
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-08-28 20:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
I don't get what you mean by each round. It isnt turn based and constantly spamming a pray macro would not allow a whm for whatever reason to melee, the way you describe it. You don't want it like regen but just want to spam a macro getting whm to the front line to stand close and give a little heal every few seconds?
Agreed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sebi
By Quetzalcoatl.Sebi 2011-08-28 20:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well sorry for not being clear, I meant more like a 10-15 sec wait in the JA itself, I don't mean spamming macro over and over more or less the usually wait time in between a ranger's arrows.
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-08-28 20:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So once you activate the JA, it would execute automatically every few seconds?

Even still, a WHM on the frontlines for anything that needs a WHM is a tough sell,
especially for what is described as a small amount of curing.

Not a terrible idea just as I understand it, it would have limited uses.
By Artemicion 2011-08-28 20:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Going based on prayer by cultural means, it would be neat if it became more potent as your HP and or MP were lower.
But it would be nice to have an aoe JA heal even if only mild in potency, to help make up for random spots of damage taken over the course of several battles during downtime or something of the like.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sebi
By Quetzalcoatl.Sebi 2011-08-28 20:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

More like you hit it every few seconds. Melee swing > Melee swing > Pray > Melee swing > Melee swing > Pray~ If you DD on RNG or Cor and alternate between melee and bow you'll know what I meant
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-28 21:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sebi said: »
More like you hit it every few seconds. Melee swing > Melee swing > Pray > Melee swing > Melee swing > Pray~ If you DD on RNG or Cor and alternate between melee and bow you'll know what I meant

And doesn't that delay your melee hits so what's the point? My whm uses kraken club :< No time to /ja! Why not just melee, then curaga4 when you need to?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-08-28 21:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Would be cool if they added Pray and made it completely random like in Earthbound :D

And then you use it to beat the last boss lol
By Artemicion 2011-08-28 21:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said: »
Artemicion said: »

And then you use it to beat the last boss lol

Or maybe it'll heal the boss!
Or maybe it'll kill everyone in your alliance!
Who knows?!
 Shiva.Ravager
Server: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-08-28 21:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think adding Pray would be a good idea, Atheists and Agnostics would get the message:

">>/ja Pray <me> ...A command error occurred"

[+]