Carabosse Strategies?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Carabosse Strategies?
Carabosse Strategies?
First Page 2
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-08-28 16:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if there would be some people kind enough to give me some strategies for this pixie. A friend and I tried to duo this mob and it was going pretty well but near the end she started to spam Tier 4 ga spells that would kill or near kill me. I have Monk, Ninja, and Thief that I could tank with. MDT sets would also help Thank you =).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-28 16:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cara is very easy to duo, just let the mage keep her paralyzed the whole time and dispel when needed, and it's very easy. The worst that could happen is winter breeze(stun that wipes shadows) followed by tornado2, but with some form of mdb be it gear or atma it should be no threat.
Hell, I duo'd her all the way as pup+rdm or sch!
Edit:
Pup/Nin, didn't even have any +2 at the time, used RR, Siren shadow and Future Fabulous. She never hit me, single spells were absorbed by shadows and -aga were irrelevant with mdb atma. Full dd gear.
The mage went /whm, didn't stun anything, wasn't worth it, just kept her paralyzed, dispelled and me buffed.
Can just be better with other jobs, not even need to gimp on gear honestly.
By Zeyphr 2011-08-28 16:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you probobly just had a really bad one, even then she isn;t hard to kill. Half the time tanks always have shadows up so it makes it easy to just eat the non aga's. If aga's do go off, whm's can usually replenish the dmg dealt with a Cure 6
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-08-28 16:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the fight was piss easy till the end the problem being she spammed winter breeze and Aeroga IV when she had barely any health -_- which in the end wiped me and she went for the whm lol.

Post deleted by User.
By Zeyphr 2011-08-28 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

2200 with capped MDT? Wouldn't be that high.. My NIN has about 2700 hp and i take that much with normal tp gear :/ Even then after aga hits shadows are usually up and i'll have full HP again

You just get them unlucky fights when she goes nuts and spams

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-28 16:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
with capped MDT and no cureskin you shouldn't be taking more than 2200 I'd imagine from that aeroga IV, cureskin will make it safer
I think you're overshooting. The only magic defense I used was Future Fabulous and nonmerited shell5 and -aga wasn't doing anywhere near that much. 1500 maybe or around that..with capped mdt I guess it'd be even less.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-08-28 16:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Ninja with 2500 hp in la theine, Tornado II was the only thing that could one shot me with shell5 up (no mdb gear). I don't -think- Aero V was able to do it but -aga4 never one shotted me.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-28 16:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

is very susceptible to paralyze and addle which make it much easier, partner never used a mdb set
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-28 16:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah using defensive gear just makes the fight longer, I say don't bother and go full dd. I suggest you to go on thf for better drops, it's not hard, but if you feel unsure just pick mnk and make her cry.
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-08-28 16:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Yeah using defensive gear just makes the fight longer, I say don't bother and go full dd. I suggest you to go on thf for better drops, it's not hard, but if you feel unsure just pick mnk and make her cry.
Haha lol alright I'll go back and fight her again and see what I did wrong =/ and hopefully this fight will go much smoother.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-28 16:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

From what you said, it seems you just had some awful luck :/ cheers!
By anjisnu 2011-08-28 16:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe toss in the wind resist atma from bennu if mdt/shellra/baraera isnt cuttin it but josiahs set should be more than enough that being said i dont have a lot of experience my ls just did bst x3 dipper takes 200 tops from any of her spells
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-28 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cara is a complete joke with very little accuracy, no need to put on MDT atmas, use your highest DPS atmas. Killing her faster is better because then she has less of a chance to be a crazy psycho on you(she loves to do this sometimes <_<). Just always refresh shell5 when she dispels it and swap to mdt gear/stun -ga's/tornado2 when no shadows up and you're stunned etc.
 Leviathan.Bozo
Server: Leviathan
user: Bozoffxi
By Leviathan.Bozo 2011-08-28 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

like the kids would say: mnk and whm. or if you are cool as Draylo then go solo as blu
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-08-28 17:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

my bro and i used bst + smn for most of them

personally i found it easier than whm + mnk/nin/thf

i had the worst monks help me with no MDT set whatsoever, so i preferred the pet method XD
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-28 17:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bozo said: »
like the kids would say: mnk and whm. or if you are cool as Draylo then go solo as blu
duo as 2 blus imo
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-28 17:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I find Cyclonic Torrent or whatever the move is to be the worst she does, especially if she spams it like 5/6/7+ times within a couple of min.. drains my WHN mules mp quick from rebuffing all the time.
By anjisnu 2011-08-28 17:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ill stick to soloing on bst while watching movies
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-28 17:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Done this tons of times as NIN + WHM, never had any problem, not even using a MDT set.
I just put up shell5 every time it gets dispelled and that's enough to keep me at 500+ hp no matter what hits me, and I just start casting a cure before I get hurt, so I'm at full hp basicly all the time.
Really really simple fight if your whm isnt slower than a snail.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-08-28 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
I find Cyclonic Torrent or whatever the move is to be the worst she does, especially if she spams it like 5/6/7+ times within a couple of min.. drains my WHN mules mp quick from rebuffing all the time.

Think its torrent that mutes and if it changes to BLM straight after then your about to eat serious damage even with MDT. I trioed it just to be on the safe side WAR/NIN, THF/NIN and WHM. This might have been at 85 though, I dont remember anymore xD

Now when I go DDing to it I dont bother with MDT atma or /nin just rely on my MDT set but thats pretty risky.

All the info given so far has been useful, I just found a trio a bit easier on me when I was WHMing and her nukes will always be pretty ruthless.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-28 17:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Blackfiredragon said: »
Just wondering if there would be some people kind enough to give me some strategies for this pixie. A friend and I tried to duo this mob and it was going pretty well but near the end she started to spam Tier 4 ga spells that would kill or near kill me. I have Monk, Ninja, and Thief that I could tank with. MDT sets would also help Thank you =).

Do you have merit abyssite? If you have enough merit abyssite you can just eat -ga and Aero V with high HP, then have the WHM cure your HP back.

Tier 4 -ga spell doesn't hurt much at all, got hit by AMII without shell/MDT- is the worst, but even that you should have enough HP to take the dmg if you're a MNK.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-28 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah using defensive gear just makes the fight longer, I say don't bother and go full dd.

I used was Future Fabulous

LOL
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-28 19:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just WAR/MNK or WAR/SAM and smash her face in with a hammer while swapping MDT gear on during nukes. Funny how she always erases herself after Ukkos.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-08-28 21:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

anjisnu said: »

^
by far the easiest, just slow... real slow.

Dipper takes about 30-40 min solo.
Decent 4 man crew, 9-10 min.
By Pooman 2011-08-28 22:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said: »
anjisnu said: »

^
by far the easiest, just slow... real slow.

Dipper takes about 30-40 min solo.
Decent 4 man crew, 9-10 min.

On a related note, how does Yuly's TH fare? See more double than single drops?
First Page 2