How Can I Duo Under Observation?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » How can I duo Under Observation?
How can I duo Under Observation?
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-08-23 18:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I'm cleaning out a friend's account that has retired, and the last to do is the Beastmen/Kindred seals. I'll do KS on ks99 most likely, but he has a LOT of bc's (~1k). Doing UO makes sense. But I can't effectively run both his account and my main at the same time.

I can easily get a 3rd person to run with me, but that basically leaves us with a 2 person run of UO. The best I could come up was E-seal bind on Sobbing Eyes and run, and then switch to my main to take down 1 of the remaining Compound. Hopefully, the two of us can kill off the compounds before the mule dies (who will have run into a wall at that point). Doing the Sobbing is then fine with the two of us.

Yadda yadda play dual-box better, etc., but aside from that, does anyone know some real duo strategies for this? I've done it loads of times as a trio, but never duo.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Server: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-08-23 18:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

convert the Bc's to KS and you'll be able to get 333 more ks etc
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2011-08-23 18:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mithano said: »
play dual-box better

Answered your own question.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-23 18:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the problem with duo is that there's still a stray compound eye attacking whoever pulled. If you went BLM(or RDM) + NIN, it'd be better to just let the NIN pull and BLM cast ES Bind after that. But then you have a problem with your shadows being stripped faster than their recast timers. So then you have to buy a lot of meds to recover HP/MP. And Bind will wear before the first eye will die, most likely.

I'd just eliminate the chance for a loss and get a third person. :x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-23 18:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

When I duo'd with a friend a while back, she bound one compound eyes and gravitied the sobbing while I killed the first compound on NIN/BLU, then killed the other compound, then the sobbing.
By Wilsor 2011-08-23 19:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duoed this with a NIN (/rdm I think), with me on BST. I used a tiger familiar to kite the eyes while the NIN picks off the 2 compound eyes first (NIN killed eyes using Ele wheel while facing away to avoid paralyze). Then we teamed up on the Sobbing after both Compound eyes were dead.

As far as kiting goes, I just send the pet on sobbing eyes, run to entrance of BC and heel tiger about halfway or 3/4ths (or whenever you see fit) of the way, but continue to run towards entrance. When you reach the start area and the tiger catches up to you, use stay (use reward if necessary), then start running back to the other side asap. When you're running back, take note of how close/far the mobs are from your pet, if they're still far, keep running for the other side, but don't heel til you think they've reached your pet. By the time the your pet gets back to the fighting area, the NIN should be ready for the 2nd compound eye. You can either keep kiting or start on the Sobbing eye, depending on how well it's going, while the NIN kills 2nd Compound. Just don't fight near them to avoid AoE. Reward/call beast when needed.

I've only duoed it this way, but you can probably use something other than NIN. Idk what would be a good replacement for BST though.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-24 01:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
this is an easy dual box with a blm friend and 2 blms of your own but I really doubt you could duo it. maybe if you both go ape ***, 2 hour and wear the auto reraise head to keep getting up and doting on one char while the other unweaks etc back and forth

either way its a waste of time and inefficient to duo UO

Wait wait wait auto RR Head? Twilight Mail/Helm wouldn't work in a level capped fight, would they? And the lvl1 hat only gives auto-reraise when level 30 or under. UO is 40 :x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2011-08-24 01:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for the update and duo SCH on both accounts and use Kaustra.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-08-24 09:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ciecle said: »

Wha??? I've never heard that you could convert one kind to another. Really? How?!?

Thanks to those with the duo strategies ... I'll give it a go!
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-08-24 09:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried Nin + Thf/Nin before, you'll need strider/trotter boots.

Run in shoot the middle one at max range and start running down the slope while my friend grabbed one of the lesser eye.

Only danger is when you have to make the U-turn at the bottom of the ramp, so I usuall wait for it to try time it just after it tries to -ga then turn around and run pass it.

I have done it a few times but also lost a few due to a bad breakga hitting me as i was turning.

I wont suggest it as a good option as it is risky.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-24 09:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do "Up in Arms" instead. Easy duo, and you'll burn seals faster. Even with Utsu: Ni being expensive, U/O still isn't awesome gil/seal.
 Asura.Theringer
Server: Asura
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-08-24 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wha??? I've never heard that you could convert one kind to another. Really? How?!?

New NPC next to shami in PJ.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-24 10:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the dude who gives you the orbs / holds your seals has like a brother right next to him who will trade you 3 for 1