Update drg 95
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2011-08-19 08:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So, basicly, we get a ja that gives our wyvern stoneskin?
And the wyvern get a jt, or just some dmg reduction, just like avatars, who get pdt-50% i think.

Well, nothing rly fancy compared to drk or other job, but still, if the wyvern can finally survive more than 2 aoes, it's nice.

Inc wyvern tanking? :D
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-19 08:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had a gil for everytime that I said over the past 8 years "I could do this if my wyvern wouldn't die so easily", I'd have a relic.

Granted, my dragoon has been relegated to "we have procs covered and need high damage" at the moment, but I foresee it getting more use in the future. Hurray for Ember not being so weak as the "weakest link" in my dragoon's armor.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2011-08-19 08:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You know its gonna be crappy like -1% Damage taken...
 Bahamut.Yukimu
Server: Bahamut
user: Yukimu
By Bahamut.Yukimu 2011-08-19 08:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Granted, my dragoon has been relegated to "we have procs covered and need high damage"

So true... also add "manage your own hate, since mages don't want to cure you". Super Jump!
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-19 09:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping for the 'second' version of super jump like spirit/soul for jump/high jump that was ludicrously awesome, but i guess that will be our coup de grace for 99 cap.

But multiple updates to wyvern survivablity? Hell yeah. Indirect buff to spirit/soul jump! :P

Also.....rdm gets OAT spell? Question is, will it be self target only? or is it going to just get stuck into the haste/refresh/OAT casting cycle for all melees? And now whms will cry that every DD is DEMANDING the gain str spell. Good times.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-08-19 11:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one am very happy that our wyverns get added survivability. They didn't really need anything "fix" wise aside from that IMO.

And hmmm, OAT spell... I do believe I said on alla the other day that the update could very easily change polearm hierarchy. I myself drag a pocket mage around behind me, so it should certainly be interesting to see how it works.

Or they'll stack and OAT will just become a high damage kraken lance that gives capped TP jumps and ***.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-08-19 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the extra Wyvern Survivability.

But really, would it kill them to give DRG a self buff job ability? All the others melees have one! D:

OAT spell... It'll make Gungnir and Rhongomiant more attractive, depending on the amount it gives. My bet's on 10-15%. Provided it's not a self targeting spell, that is.
By Ophannus 2011-08-21 00:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting a self buff ability because we have a pet that's virtually the equivalent of a flying D50 Axe that can Cure 5 us every minute and adds 50-350 damage to our weapon skills.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-21 00:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than what mnks get
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-21 00:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »

I'm sorry, what did MNK need again?
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-21 00:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sayin, trying to put it in perspective. Not trying to troll anything up here.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-21 02:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

/stare

Im sorry did op say something?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-21 04:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reporting that image because it offenses me.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-21 04:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I'm reporting that image because it offenses me.
you would be offended.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-21 09:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Mnks got abyssea. Wasnt that enough!? or are mnks tired of dual boxing every mob in there with a whm? :P
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-21 09:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i seen so many drgs/sam sub out parsing sams very quickly with drakesbane and jumps, people know very little about the job and they still call it the loljob
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2011-08-21 09:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sams sucks.
If you can't outparse them, then just stop playing the job. I remember back at the colibri times, when my wyvern breath was doing more dmg than mnk/sam ws's.

Inside abyssea, only job that could outparse a drg is a war with Ukon. ***is a beast rly, and drg rly starts to lack the attack there. Hopefully we can spam ws quickly with jumps and conserve tp.

And outside, i'll just say drk war and drg are on the same line. With the new ja DRK gets, I can see them reach the number one DD spot, but otherwise, i'd say we're "equal"
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2011-08-21 11:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Drg needs drakesbane 2, 8 critical hits ws.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-21 12:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Sams sucks.
If you can't outparse them, then just stop playing the job. I remember back at the colibri times, when my wyvern breath was doing more dmg than mnk/sam ws's.

Inside abyssea, only job that could outparse a drg is a war with Ukon. ***is a beast rly, and drg rly starts to lack the attack there. Hopefully we can spam ws quickly with jumps and conserve tp.

And outside, i'll just say drk war and drg are on the same line. With the new ja DRK gets, I can see them reach the number one DD spot, but otherwise, i'd say we're "equal"

Really? For one I doubt a wyvern does 2500 damage penta thrusts at 75, also I have no problem outparsing a DRG on WAR without Ukonvasara, lol.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-08-21 12:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My job is best because I play it.

K.
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-08-21 12:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said: »
Sams sucks.

Really? For one I doubt a wyvern does 2500 damage penta thrusts at 75, also I have no problem outparsing a DRG on WAR without Ukonvasara, lol.

I'll take that bet.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-21 12:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
Sams sucks.

I'll take that bet.
As will I, on my DNC.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2011-08-21 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahahah, emo sam are here!

But no, as you said, i also doubt my wyvern does penta thrust.

But if a sam outparse a drg or a war...
Ahahaha, made my day :D
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-21 12:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sams sucks.

Also, take a close look at my SAM. It's 61.

They are still great DD just because of the fact they have so many ways to get TP. While a DRG with Drakes will win a prase in abyssea, it's abyssea.

It's only one part of the game, not the only part of the game.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2011-08-21 13:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye sir!

Yeah, hence i added the part outside abyssea, when i stated that drk war and drg were on the top.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-08-21 13:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I have no problem outparsing a DRG on WAR without Ukonvasara, lol.
Then that Dragoon is trash. Raging Rush is fairly powerful, but ultimately inferior to Drakesbane.

And you're probably ignoring Wyvern damage which is silly given they gain the same Atma buffs as we do.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-21 13:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG is definitely a useless job, because I want to level it. Tends to be my criteria for levelling something.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-21 13:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lawdy.

Epeen contest GOOOO!
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-21 13:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Oh lawdy.

Epeen contest GOOOO!

(Dance for me, my puppets!)

Off topic, but where is that thing from?
By Pooman 2011-08-21 13:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How about mythic dragoon vs ukon war?
First Page 2