White Mage Job Adjustments - Answers To User Sugg.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » White Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
White Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

09-02-2011 02:17 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Banish IV and Banishga III, for which an implementation timetable has yet to be determined, have received a lot of attention. But Curaga V, which has been a bit lacking, has been adjusted and the enmity gained has been lowered.

The updated data is now reflected on the Test Server, so please check out Curaga V's latest effects.

08-18-2011 04:52 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

To the ones who keep us all safe on the battlefields, white mages, here is your feedback

Quote:
Add Holy II.
We will be adding this in the upcoming version update.

Quote:
Add Arise.
Though it is planned for a version update in the future, we have already begun to look into a higher tier version of raise.

Whether it will be called Arise or not really depends on the adjustments from here on out, but we are looking into making it cover multiple targets and other things. In regards to the stats, we’d like to make it so it has more merits than the currently existing raises, so please look forward to it.

Quote:
Add a spell that cures Amnesia.
We would like to make it possible to cure Amnesia in the future, but we are planning to make it a type of magic that has a set chance of recovery similar to Doom.

Quote:
Add a spell that cures Terror.
We currently do not have any plans of adding a spell that cures Terror. Since the effect of Terror is quickly recovered from, we’d like you to just support those inflicted with Terror with cures and such while they are unable move.

While it is not limited to Terror, we feel that there are times it is necessary for monsters to have superior status ailments in the scheme of battle balance. As such, please understand that we will not be making it possible to cure every single status ailment.

Quote:
Make it so the chances of curing Doom increase with higher healing magic skill.
Since there is also Holy Water when curing this is difficult, we’d like to monitor the current rate. Though it depends on luck and repeated attempts, but the recovery rate was set rather high so it can be cured before the countdown timer reaches zero.

Quote:
Reduce the recast times of Erase/Esuna/Sacrifice.
We would like to reduce the recast times for Esuna and Sacrifice to be about the same as Erase.

For Erase, since it is able to cover multiple status ailments, we feel that the current recast time is appropriate.

Quote:
Reduce the weakness timer or add other merits to Raise II and III.
Since the lost experience points merit has become somewhat weak now, we will look into this. However, as we will not be removing the weakness penalty, we cannot really reduce it too much.

Quote:
Make it so the effect of Divine Caress becomes AoE when using Divine Seal.
AoE…Sounds cool. We will look into it.

Quote:
Increase the effect of bar-type spells.
Currently you are able to receive a pretty strong effect depending on the bonuses that are given based on your enhancing magic skill. Also, with future level cap increases, you will be able to receive an even higher bonus, so for now we will be monitoring this and make a decision to do something if it is necessary.

Quote:
Add bar-type spells that protect you from Light and Dark.
The magic capacity is becoming pretty full, but we will try and look into it.

Quote:
Make it so bar-type effects are not overwritten by weaker ones.
This is something that we have been concerned with and would like to make it so they are not overwritten. The concern here is that if it’s not the same effect or higher, if the effect doesn’t wear off or if you don’t cancel the effect you will not be able to reapply it, making it similar to Protect IV and V.

Quote:
Make it so enhancing magic AoE effects take place centered on the person targeted.
Since AoE effects are strong, the idea is that you are taking a risk by the effect being centered on the caster. Curega is an exception to this, but it is balanced through a high amount of enmity.

Quote:
Add a category to merit points that enhances cure potency.
Since cure potency enhancements were designed to be added through equipment, we do not have any plans of adding it to merit points. Currently you can gain a significant amount of enhanced cure potency by collecting equipment, so please try and collect those pieces.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-18 10:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, such a bland update for WHM compared to other jobs. ; ;
Only thing really useful in there is Amnesia-na (lol)
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2011-08-18 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol "Rays" I kept reading like what is this "Rays" they keep talking about.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-18 10:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like alleys is arise, rays is raise.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-08-18 10:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Reviviscence wru?
 Bismarck.Satabi
user: Satabi
By Bismarck.Satabi 2011-08-18 10:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I want to add the magic bus system
?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-18 10:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

♥engrish
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-18 11:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

would be nice for the overwrite if it worked on bars too, sometimes WHMs overwrite my bars on my tank/dds =\ they're doing it trying to help but yeah
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-18 12:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
request: Please reduce the recast timers for Erase / Esuna / Sacrifice.

answer: No.

Did anyone else laugh at this?

Thanks for the excellent response, S-E.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 12:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Quote:

It's a silly question though. The solution to erase's slow recast WAS esuna and sacrifice. There isn't a need to reduce them even further. If your recast timers are too long use haste!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-18 12:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Quote:

It's a silly question though. The solution to erase's slow recast WAS esuna and sacrifice. There isn't a need to reduce them even further. If your recast timers are too long use haste!!

Not like erase timer is that huge anyways.. D:
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 12:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Quote:

Not like erase timer is that huge anyways.. D:
Compared to other status removal spells it is long. I get why the question was asked... but it really should of been skipped over by SE. There are plenty of ways to cover this area for whm, I know that a lot of whm's do not use a haste set for spells, and that is why they have problems with erase.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I have ever used sacrifice before lol, so useless unless you use it to remove that one status effect in the game that gives zombie. Erase timer is fine, haste gear and its at like 7~14 seconds.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-18 12:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you even play WHM without sacrifice?

That's like one of the key spells I use.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 12:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I don't think I have ever used sacrifice before lol, so useless unless you use it to remove that one status effect in the game that gives zombie. Erase timer is fine, haste gear and its at like 7~14 seconds.
ouch lol I use it all the time, near all NMs that count can give multiple enfeebles in seconds. plus 7 enfeebles at at once? yeah I've only removed 7 from fighting Dvalinn but still. handy ***
Sacrifice is a godsend for that NM. Of course you get all that crap on you but its not impossible to play whm with it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 12:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There is normally one tank fighting most of the stuff I do, and it's usually me. It doesn't take long to remove status effects one at a time. The only ones I even care about are slow and paralyze which are easily removed. I wouldn't want my WHM paralyzed either.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2011-08-18 12:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously?

Never heard of Bad Breath or Petalback Spin? I mean I could name several reasons why Sacrifice is an amazing spell but these two abilities are reason enough...
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 12:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol how many NMs do you fight that use those ws? Bad breath is just from EE? Just remove para/slow by casting paralyna and erase, don't even need to sacrifice and waste extra time trying to get it off yourself. Also for that fight I use /blm on my whm to actually stun, don't want it slowed or paralyzed. Petalback spin..? Seal nms, really?
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-18 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Google said:
I want to add the magic bus system
lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 12:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not ashamed to admit that I am resistant towards newer spells and ja's for whm. I still "want" to play like I did when I learned how to play whm, and I'm fine with it. It just takes getting use to I guess, and I'm not that excited to use something new.

Sacrifice and Esuna probably were the only things that I wasn't resistant to, great great spells, and the two ja's that came with it. It took some time to get use to using the ja's but that wasn't all that bad.

As much as divine magic sucks, I want them to make those spells better. I'm sure if I invested in a set to boost the dmg it would probably end up being decent dmg, but meh... so not worth it. Holy II will be fun to play around with at least.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2011-08-18 12:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol how many NMs do you fight that use those ws? Bad breath is just from EE? Just remove para/slow by casting paralyna and erase, don't even need to sacrifice and waste extra time trying to get it off yourself. Also for that fight I use /blm on my whm to actually stun, don't want it slowed or paralyzed. Petalback spin..? Seal nms, really?

I guess you must be okay with leaving Plague and Blind on your tank then. Of course you could cast the spells one by one but obviously Sacrifice does the job faster. Anything that removes status effects faster is far from useless in my opinion.

Bad Breath and Petalback Spin were just examples. So what if it's a seal NM? It's not an excuse to slack off and do your job improperly.

Sacrifice has tonnes of other uses anyway...it's great in combination with Esuna and as others have mentioned you can use it when Erase timer is down. It's a lot faster to use Sacrifice once than Erase 3 times when a Dvergr uses Cackle. It's a lot faster to Sacrifice someone and then Erase yourself if you both have a status effect than to cast Erase twice. It's true that the Erase recast isn't very long but faster is better, regardless of how much.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 12:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad breath doesn't give plague, and who the *** cares about blind when it won't even affect you lol, especially the weak potency from a blind due to Bad breath.
Quote:
Sacrifice has tonnes of other uses anyway...it's great in combination with Esuna and as others have mentioned you can use it when Erase timer is down. It's a lot faster to use Sacrifice once than Erase 3 times when a Dvergr uses Cackle. It's a lot faster to Sacrifice someone and then Erase yourself if you both have a status effect than to cast Erase twice. It's true that the Erase recast isn't very long but faster is faster, period.

Except you don't need to erase cackle, just spam heal because its Abyssea lol. What are these "tonnes" of other uses?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 12:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta stop thinking about abyssea, there won't be any more updates for it.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2011-08-18 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Petalback Spin does give plague >_> and it's not like Dvergr mobs are exclusive to Abyssea. Further, just because you are too lazy to cast a spell doesn't make it useless.

In any case it's like I said, these are just examples. I obviously am not going to sit here and come up with every possible situation why Sacrifice is useful but yeah, I am naming a few.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-18 12:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use Sacrifice much at all but I do use and love Esuna
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-18 12:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That is yet to be seen.

Also most newer heal bots use Esuna and Sacrifice pretty well.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 12:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People were questioning why I don't use sacrifice, I am thinking about the now and not later because I don't use it now.
Quote:
Petalback Spin does give plague >_> and it's not like Dvergr mobs are exclusive to Abyssea. Further, just because you are too lazy to cast a spell in Abyssea doesn't make the spell useless.

In any case it's like I said, these are just examples. I obviously am not going to sit here and come up with every possible situation why Sacrifice is useful but yeah, I am naming a few.

So one mob in the game makes you question "wtf you dont use sacrifice!?!?" You obviously aren't going to sit here and name every situation because those situations are extremely limited. Most situations you are better off removing them one at a time.
First Page 2 3