Just Wondering
First Page 2
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-08-14 04:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a... AF3+2 Vs Facio Question.

Still learning WHM and was wondering if the AF3+2 Body has to be present for the entire cast to get the bonus to the stoneskin? Same with the CP I guess, does it need to be present the entire spell cast duration?

Would you be able to start in CP and switch to the AF3+2 or vice versa and get the bonus to stoneskin?

Just something I was wondering,
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-08-14 04:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, AF3+2 has to be on when the Cure goes off to gain the additional Stoneskin effect, can't precast. :(
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-14 04:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Minefield answered correctly to what you were asking but you kind of asked it tricky.

it doesn't technically need to be on the entire spell cast duration but it does need to be on when the spell goes off. In other words you can use fast cast gear as precast and then switch to either AF3+2 body or a Cure Potency body. Not many people pre-casting in fast cast body so I know it's not what you were asking but this could be helpful information to you in other slots like feet (cure clogs) or ammo (incantor stone)

^^
[+]
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-08-14 10:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah gotcha, so I'd still need 50% in other slots in order to throw in the AF3+2 body ><

But if I understand from reading the above, Starting in Incantor Stone and switching to say the +2 MND Sachet (Aqua?) before it goes off would work for a faster cast and a slightly higher cure mod?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-14 10:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Ah gotcha, so I'd still need 50% in other slots in order to throw in the AF3+2 body ><

But if I understand from reading the above, Starting in Incantor Stone and switching to say the +2 MND Sachet (Aqua?) before it goes off would work for a faster cast and a slightly higher cure mod?
Yes, Also consider looking at some other notable pieces like Cure Clogs, Orison Locket, Orison Pantaloons +2, etc. to name a few for your precast for cures
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-08-14 10:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the pants still give the 2~5% mp convert as a precast? Not a huge deal in abyssea I'd imagine but for anything outside it would be nice (Galka xD)
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-14 13:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Would the pants still give the 2~5% mp convert as a precast? Not a huge deal in abyssea I'd imagine but for anything outside it would be nice (Galka xD)

I'm 95% sure you need to midcast them as well to get the bonus.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-08-14 15:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:

You don't necessarily need to be at the 50% potency cap to make effective use of the AF3+2. If you got the macro space, design two separate cure macros, one with the AF3+2 and the other with Facio or whatever else you may be using for Cure Potency. Use the AF3+2 macro when you know your cure is going to over heal the target to increase the effectiveness of the Cureskin they receive.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:

easy to test yeah, cast divine seal curaga IV in a party and if type <mp> before and after. Can notice how crazy much mp you got back lol

they need to be on when the cure lands

^This

I pretty much always get free -gas now when I cast them. Just need to have the initial MP to be able to cast the spell. Combine with Penury for some incredibly MP effective -gas.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-14 15:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:

you want to wear Orison Pantaloons +2 the entire cast because they function great for both pre-cast and midcast with -cure cast time and +mp bonus.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:

easy to test yeah, cast divine seal curaga IV in a party and if type <mp> before and after. Can notice how crazy much mp you got back lol

they need to be on when the cure lands

did someone confirm Curaga works with pants? I thought they didn't work
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-08-14 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
did someone confirm Curaga works with pants? I thought they didn't work

I've eyeballed getting free Curaga IV's in at least 10-15 separate instances of their use. I know it's not a reliable test, but that is my experience with it.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-14 16:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

cool, i don't curaga much so that's prolly why i never noticed ;D
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-14 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still use the af3+2 body without having 50% cure potency without it on if you're curing people above 80%ish(or even lower sometimes, but mine is set to that) Hp with higher tier cures. My spellcast puts it on when curing someone above 80% with cure 4/5.

Also what would you swap out af3+2 legs for? o_O I always keep them on except when idle.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-14 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant for cures not other things.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-08-14 16:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Also what would you swap out af3+2 legs for? o_O

As far as I can tell the only real upgrade for ammount cured would be Augur's pants with 9 MND but that's only a 2 MND boost in trade for the 5%mp
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-14 18:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ASA legs with curepot+ would be the alternative, but hardly worthwhile.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-14 18:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even get cure potency on my WHM mule's ASA legs since AF3+2 legs exist, went with 4% PDT and move speed.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-14 18:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

stearc subligar and herald's alligators goooooooooooooooooooooo

can't quite say i'd be willing to sport the subligar though tbh, but that's me
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-14 18:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
herald's

a pipe dream of mine =\

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-14 19:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
stearc subligar and herald's alligators goooooooooooooooooooooo

can't quite say i'd be willing to sport the subligar though tbh, but that's me
yeah same, dont even use em unless an emergency and with a yagudo drink macro lol

Feels good to be a Mithra.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-14 19:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

.dat swap

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-08-15 09:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the af3 body has to be on the entire time for the SS bonus.

Cure pot. cap is still at 50% for the gear the healer is wearing, so it's doable but it seems to be a rather specific route with very little variation.

You'll want to use the af3 pants, too- especially since they increased the fast cast cap. It's rumored to be at 80% cap now but no one seems to have concrete numbers on how it effects casting times (just on recasting times, which isn't what the WHM is after anyway).

For precast:
incantor stone
aceso's choker
loquacious earring
(facio gages if you can get the cure cast time augment)
Orison Pantaloons +2
Cure clogs

With /rdm sub (15%),and full cure cast time merits (20%), this puts you at 76%.

If you're in Abyssea and use rescuer atma, you get an extra 10% on top of that. Plus there's merciless matriarch which will give fast cast as well, so I suppose it really just depends on the situation and what atmas you use.

Then for midcast, switch to full cure pot stuff- IF you can hit the 50% cap w/o the Augmented Facio, then just wear the AF3 body- but if you can't, then SS will just have to wait, heh. Plus if you're in Abyssea and have Rescuer, then there's 10% right there.

I still fall a little short outside Abyssea (my cure pot is at 46%), but MMM finally dropped the Orison Cape for me so I'm one step closer. TBH I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to juggle everything once I've finished my cure pot staff though. Still figuring that out. ^_^

Anyway, HTH.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-15 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
It's rumored to be at 80% cap now but no one seems to have concrete numbers on how it effects casting times (just on recasting times, which isn't what the WHM is after anyway).
Uh... you know that testing recast times is the most accurate way to determine Fast Cast values, right? Those recast values are how we get concrete numbers on casting time, so actually we do have good data on it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-15 09:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the cap for fast cast now? Last I heard it was 80%~
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-08-15 10:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Caylene said:
It's rumored to be at 80% cap now but no one seems to have concrete numbers on how it effects casting times (just on recasting times, which isn't what the WHM is after anyway).
Uh... you know that testing recast times is the most accurate way to determine Fast Cast values, right? Those recast values are how we get concrete numbers on casting time, so actually we do have good data on it.

Explain please, because that's not logical to me.

ETA- I should have originally added too that FC is probably not going to be of much use for spells that cast quickly, so the macro should be situational depending on the spell and not just an "always" kind of thing.
First Page 2