TH + Gearchange?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » TH + Gearchange?
TH + Gearchange?
 Bahamut.Kimikryo
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: kimikryo
By Bahamut.Kimikryo 2011-08-12 10:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys,

recently I had a small argument with others how TH+ Gearchange works

I have Thiefknife and Relic hands. Now I thought I have to wear them full time, at least until the first "additional effect" occurs.
Now some in my LS said, thats wrong, I just need to do a single action and can change both equipment slots to something better.

Now which of both is true?

I read wiki on gamerescape, but, either I missed it, or it doesnt say it

And an extra Question:
When 2 Thiefs with same TH Level hit a mob, does each additional effect add to the one of the other thief, or are they counted up individually?
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-12 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wear all TH+ gear before you preform an action on the mob then you can change them to whatever, yes. More than one THF (Let the highest TH proc first.) they level each other up.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-12 10:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you do any action that produces enmity, throwing/swinging/swinging and missing/a 400000k dmg dancing edge, on the mob in your highest level of TH gear and then you can swap to whatever you want and thats the base TH youre starting from and you have a chance to upgrade it from there
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-12 10:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

also; why are you not on fenrir yet?!
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2011-08-12 10:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you hit the mob with your TH gear, you can switch it out. Of course if you die or zone (removed from hate list) you will need to reapply.

This can be tested when you increase the level of TH by hitting the mob...If you have thf's knife and relic hands, you would have TH5 in abyssea. Even after changing gear, the first increase will be to TH 6.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-08-12 10:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey whats Up Kimi, The way it works is.. if you engage the mob w/ your TH gear equipped that will be considered TH 6 "Unless your referring to outside of abyssea w/ Treasure Hound Mog enhancement present then your TH will start out at TH 7" when trying to upgrade your TH you do want to be wearing your TH feet though because it does better your chance of TH upgrading but other than that you do not have to full-time your TH gear in order to upgrade to the next tier.

As for your sencond question "Does TH stack w/ multiple THF, The question is Yes, If your TH procs first @ 7 mine will certainly proc @ 8 and etc... Hope this helps and nice avatar =P

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-08-12 10:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? hmmm.. Because I remember reading that someone stated "hands" help upgrade but seemed to be speculation, and then I also pulled up a link where they say it's the feet... Which is it? I seem to get more of an upgrade w/ the feet and not hands.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-12 10:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki lists that hidden effect on hands.
Not like we allways can trust the wiki, but yeah..
Have this even been tested properly, ever?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kimikryo
user: kimikryo
By Bahamut.Kimikryo 2011-08-12 11:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thank you everyone, than I can make a gearchange macro

Now the rest of the things I did not know (for now) is cleared ^^
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-08-12 11:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hands, feet, whatever, it's simply not proven. It's just a bunch of eyeballing and speculation.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-12 11:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
hands, feet, whatever, it's simply not proven. It's just a bunch of eyeballing and speculation.

^ This. Its just rumors like the old TH rumors about killshots and everything else. Unsubstantiated superstition.

All the info about multiple thfs procs stacking is true. Its considered a debuff on the mob, like a dancer step. 4dncs can land a step, then a 5th one walks up and raises it to "X step lv 5".

1: Equip ALL TH gear.
2: Do SOMETHING to the mob that would normally claim a mob (/ra, JA, attack, cast a spell etc. /heal wont work)
Now TH is on the mob at the level based on all your +TH gear.
3: Remove TH gear. (At this point you could unplug your system and TH will stay on until the party kills it)
4: All available thfs start wailing on the mob. Melee/SA/TA etc.
4: Enjoy your TH spiking up.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-08-12 13:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said:
Once you hit the mob with your TH gear, you can switch it out. Of course if you die or zone (removed from hate list) you will need to reapply.

This can be tested when you increase the level of TH by hitting the mob...If you have thf's knife and relic hands, you would have TH5 in abyssea. Even after changing gear, the first increase will be to TH 6.

The part about having to reapply TH if you are removed from hate list is not true unless you are Soloing offcourse.
TH is is just like red/blue/yellow procs, the effect stays unless the mob idles. As long as your group kills the mob without loosing hate you can die,d/c,zone or whatever and TH will still stay on the mob.
[+]
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2011-08-15 04:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not using THF knife for the entire fight will be nice :D!
 Asura.Ladycandygem
By Asura.Ladycandygem 2011-08-22 07:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
2: Do SOMETHING to the mob that would normally claim a mob (/ra, JA, attack, cast a spell etc. /heal wont work)

What about Collaborator/Accomplice? It wouldn't claim a mob but does put you on the hate list. Does this apply TH?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-22 08:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladycandygem said: »

What about Collaborator/Accomplice? It wouldn't claim a mob but does put you on the hate list. Does this apply TH?

Those JAs only work if you already have some sort of hate on the monster. See Collaborator and Accomplice
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-22 08:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I will mention about zoning though, a while ago I claimed KA, my friend said he would come out THF so I ended up holding it for a while until he got there (so he had more time to stack TH). Turned out he took too long and after a while KA began to rage to the point we couldn't keep fighting.

Since no one else was there we zoned and then came back, next time he proced TH it was at the level before we zoned plus the additional TH level proced.

So I wonder does zoning truely reset TH?
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2011-08-22 08:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, has there been any testing regarding whether or not having more TH gear equipped actually *increases* a chance of proc'ing another level of TH?

And also, just to make sure I'm reading this correctly, if I am the only THF on a mob, and I get my TH up to level 8, then die and RR, won't TH start at my base level again when it procs, or does it start at 8 again?

Eww run on sentence. Thanks in advance!
 Phoenix.Tamiflu
Server: Phoenix
user: Tamiflu
By Phoenix.Tamiflu 2011-08-22 08:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From my own experience, TH is not removed from the mob if you die or zone.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-22 08:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Out of curiosity, has there been any testing regarding whether or not having more TH gear equipped actually *increases* a chance of proc'ing another level of TH?

And also, just to make sure I'm reading this correctly, if I am the only THF on a mob, and I get my TH up to level 8, then die and RR, won't TH start at my base level again when it procs, or does it start at 8 again?

Eww run on sentence. Thanks in advance!

I've always seen TH proc up more with TH gear on rather than using Empy+ stuff >_> I just kinda do that til about TH9 or 10 then just actually use my SATA gear rather than SATA in full TH
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-22 08:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an effect placed on the mob, it's not dependent on the THF at all after the initial strike it will remain until the monster dies or regens. And whoever added the "Hidden effect" nonsense or rumor that TH gear affects the rate it increases has 0 credibility, with 0 testing or evidence. You're likely to see your first TH proc with a SA (and very often the first one you do), since people are probably wearing those hands anyway, they like to assume it's magically making it go up faster. It doesn't, I kill Behemoth with TA/SA specifically and have never seen higher than 11, what I was getting before I had those hands.
By Alaik 2011-08-22 08:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tamiflu said: »
From my own experience, TH is not removed from the mob if you die or zone.

This is the case. If it doesn't die or regen once, as mentioned above, it stays on. SE said this was this case pre-chat log TH "update" as well, but I can't be arsed to find it. FanFest 2005 I think?
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-08-22 08:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said:
Never seen any. And i lurk most thf forums.
Bahamut.Sobius said:

I don't remember where i saw it, but there was a post somewhere testing different stuff like death and aoe, and it all worked out. If the thf dies, TH is not lost. If the thf acts on mobs with AOE, TH is set on every target.

Idk if TH remains when the mob has no one on its hate list (zone,wipe). This s something Tidis noticed with KA there. Quite interesting. Maybe it deserves more testing, because if TH is regarded as a debuff, it would be removed when the mob idles for a tick. But he zoned KA so it unrages, in theory TH shouldn't have remained.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-22 08:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did Minax Bugard solo, I died to that KO move. It had idled and regened somewhat, but my first TH proc on reclaim was like 8, without TH gear equipped. So I would think it vanishes after complete regen.
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-08-22 08:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

isn't vanishing only after a complete regen contradictory to the behavior of other debuffs tho? I thought all debuffs were removed with the first tick, just like the rage effect. Maybe that's where i'm wrong lol.