By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-15 20:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Ramuh.Austar said:
Elemental debuffs. already explained that :(

I WILL CHOKE YOU! D:<

she'd like that

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I'm just very stubborn, as medicine ring is the last piece of armor that connects to the early years of my whm. I don't use it when the situation calls for a larger HP buffer, but other than that I love my 5k ring that's as powerful as a nobles <3 <3 <3 <3

can you cure my mouth atm with that ring, kinda hurts like A LOT after the dentist today =(
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-15 21:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Ramuh.Austar said:
Elemental debuffs. already explained that :(

I WILL CHOKE YOU! D:<

she'd like that

I'm just very stubborn, as medicine ring is the last piece of armor that connects to the early years of my whm. I don't use it when the situation calls for a larger HP buffer, but other than that I love my 5k ring that's as powerful as a nobles <3 <3 <3 <3

can you cure my mouth atm with that ring, kinda hurts like A LOT after the dentist today =(
I told you the gumdrop diet wasn't a good idea :<

in other news, can you make 25 skadi feet drop tomorrow so I can be cheap and not pay 5m for othershoes, I'm sure your amano can tap into the Aether of the server and command it to do so

kthx in advance
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-15 22:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ok
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-08-16 17:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalilla, I do kind of get nostalgic thinking about older equipment, but they brought back the Genbu's Shield in a big way! Aside from that, I think the oldest stuff I continue to use on WHM is from CoP era (Tamas Ring, Loqacious, and a couple af+1 and relic+1 pieces). It's sad to think of my prized pieces that I've since sold... Serket Ring, Healing Staff, Aristo Coat, Hedgehog Bomb, etc...
Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
wtf needs a med ring when you got a yagrush /drool
This is true, Med Ring doesn't help me stand there spamming Poisona to show off how freakin' awesome I am!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 17:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Kalilla, I do kind of get nostalgic thinking about older equipment, but they brought back the Genbu's Shield in a big way! Aside from that, I think the oldest stuff I continue to use on WHM is from CoP era (Tamas Ring, Loqacious, and a couple af+1 and relic+1 pieces). It's sad to think of my prized pieces that I've since sold... Serket Ring, Healing Staff, Aristo Coat, Hedgehog Bomb, etc...
This is true, Med Ring doesn't help me stand there spamming Poisona to show off how freakin' awesome I am!
Do you like using cure clubs over staff since you have yagrush? Or do you have no preference?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-16 18:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i *** love you and you are incredibly awesome.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-08-17 10:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you like using cure clubs over staff since you have yagrush? Or do you have no preference?
Nope I use magian staff. I actually got fairly lucky on Genbu's early on and got one with MP+23 Cure Pot+3 Cure Cast-6, but that would still only get me 18% potency with a Tefnut so I just use the Genbu's for idle/precast. The cure potency is wasted.

Actually, I don't idle in Yagrush either, I use Owleyes. It's kinda sad, but I only swap in Yag for a couple seconds at a time, so it doesn't really affect my equipment preferences for anything other than -na spells. Even so, I still think it's the most powerful mythic weapon. There are just too many mobs in this game with aoe/breath ailments. If anyone has been thinking about doing Yag, DO IT! You will not regret it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 11:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope I use magian staff. I actually got fairly lucky on Genbu's early on and got one with MP+23 Cure Pot+3 Cure Cast-6, but that would still only get me 18% potency with a Tefnut so I just use the Genbu's for idle/precast. The cure potency is wasted.

Actually, I don't idle in Yagrush either, I use Owleyes. It's kinda sad, but I only swap in Yag for a couple seconds at a time, so it doesn't really affect my equipment preferences for anything other than -na spells. Even so, I still think it's the most powerful mythic weapon. There are just too many mobs in this game with aoe/breath ailments. If anyone has been thinking about doing Yag, DO IT! You will not regret it.
I meant in general, not if you preferred magian over something else. Like some people prefer clubs over staffs because of the look and what not.

Anyways I agree, but maybe you could idle in yagrush when your MP is >90% or something. It wouldn't be hard to do at all, and you would see it more often other than a split second at a time. I don't think loosing 1 refresh on your top 10% of MP would be a hindrance.

And yes, I too am totally jealous. I just think if I start doing it I'll end up not finishing it somewhere down the road and would feel like I have wasted so much time for nothing lol. Would love a yagrush just don't seem to have enough time to invest in something like that atm.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-08-17 16:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In general I think I prefer clubs over staves, appearance-wise and such. Probably the main reason why I never idled in Terra's even though I have one. Like the Med Ring, I find myself using it less and less. Up until recently, I loved to sport Yagrush and a Numinous+1 that my friend signed. I don't like the looks of Genbu's as much, it's too small for how hardcore-looking it is... but the stats are hard to beat.

I can't really swap at the top 10% MP either, as I don't use Spellcast or even Windower macros. I use in-game macros only. (I know, I know, dark ages! I just hate the idea of a program delaying my commands even by a fraction of a second. I'm really stubborn about crap like that. It really does feel like I'm an order of magnitude faster than other healers too, but who knows how much of that is due to actually paying attention rather than how I do my macros.)

I didn't honestly think I would ever finish Yagrush when I started it. Relics/mythics just seemed way out of reach for someone as casual as myself. I'm the kind of person who will log on and look for something that sounds fun to involve myself in, rather than taking initiative to accomplish any actual goals. However, with WHM being my passion, I decided to start it anyway even if it took me 3 years to finish. It actually ended up taking closer to 1.5 years, thanks to a gil loan from a friend. It was a bit easier back then also because everyone was doing Salvage and assaults and such. I bought about 2/3 of my alexandrite, and paid about 2k each on average. I hear they're up to 5-10k each now... ouch... I guess I was kind of lucky in that respect, being well-positioned to tackle the mythic early which, as it turns out, was the right time to do it.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-17 16:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hate the idea of a program delaying my commands even by a fraction of a second.

Misconception. Spellcast sends commands directly to the game, it's actually faster than using in-game macros. Just fyi~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-17 16:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat me to it, Nini was obviously using Spellcast to send commands directly to FFXIAH. Even basic txt macros execute faster than the standard client.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-17 16:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think that having to hit 2-3 separate gear-swap macros per spell would be way more of a time delay than windower macros could cause (if they even do?). apparently they don't.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-17 16:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirana needs to stop using the base FFXIAH client.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-17 17:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Kirana needs to stop using the base FFXIAH client.

*** rofl'd
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 18:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I know, dark ages! I just hate the idea of a program delaying my commands even by a fraction of a second. I'm really stubborn about crap like that. It really does feel like I'm an order of magnitude faster than other healers too, but who knows how much of that is due to actually paying attention rather than how I do my macros.
I'd bet it's just because you pay attention more, I see a lot of whm's who drift off while people are getting smashed to bits.
I bought about 2/3 of my alexandrite, and paid about 2k each on average. I hear they're up to 5-10k each now... ouch... I guess I was kind of lucky in that respect, being well-positioned to tackle the mythic early which, as it turns out, was the right time to do it.
And that is why I'll probably never start it, 30k * possibly 10k? 300 mil is way more than I'm willing to give up/work on for yagrush no matter how great or powerful it is. I would love to get it, just don't see any possible finish for me.