2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM choices of armour
WHM choices of armour
First Page 2 3
By Zeyphr 2011-08-09 20:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends jsut finished WHM and i sometimes use it to dualbox stuff. Am curious on a few certain pieces of armour and how to pair stuff

Firstly are serpente Cuffs/Sabots better then using Augur's Gloves and WHM AF3+2 Feet

Second, what waist item is a good choice? I don't really like Hierach Belt, stuck between Pythia sash and Witch sash.

Thirdly whats a good neck piece? I don't want to splash millions of gil on this, just something decent. I was thinking the cure pot +2% one or orison's locket.

Lastly any other combinations/items to contribute are appreciated

P.S Might reply late, but will try to look @ the posts
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 20:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This has a lot of good info.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-09 20:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-09 20:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

that thread is good for cure potency numbers if that's all you want, but if you want more info on other sets, there are other threads with good info on that as well.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-09 21:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Lorzy, I'm not done with the guide yet so you shouldn't rely on it for building your sets atm. It has some suggestions you could consider though and feel free to PM me if you want to talk about what you can do
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-09 21:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

that's not what i meant, i think it's really informative for cure numbers. i just meant there are other threads that have examples of barspell, precast, etc.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-09 21:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
that's not what i meant, i think it's really informative for cure numbers. i just meant there are other threads that have examples of barspell, precast, etc.
Ah, yea I still agree with you then!
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-09 22:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said:

Firstly are serpente Cuffs/Sabots better then using Augur's Gloves and WHM AF3+2 Feet

Nope :) go with the Augur Gloves and the Orison+2 feet, if you have Marduk they trump Orison+2.

Zeyphr said:

Second, what waist item is a good choice? I don't really like Hierach Belt, stuck between Pythia sash and Witch sash.

Do you mean for full time or Curing etc?

For Curing (V/VI) go with MND+7 belt there are two choices

Cascade Belt which is nice cause it includes enhancing for bars etc or Cognizant which includes some MP.

I do not recommend going with an MP+ belt full time (without MND) MP+ gear isn't important no matter your race this isn't 2006. Also just an fyi -enm belts are less important now a days, maybe use on Curaga/Erase if you wanted but I prefer Haste belt for those type of situations.

Zeyphr said:

Thirdly whats a good neck piece? I don't want to splash millions of gil on this, just something decent. I was thinking the cure pot +2% one or orison's locket.

Fylgja +1 Best neck piece if you need the cure pot, it's the best for this slot
NQ Fylgja if you don't want to spend the %
Orison Locket is for pre-cast mainly
Ajari is nice MND +6

First goal should be to hit 50% (or 49%/50% with AF3+2 Body) cure potency then add MND after that.

Zeyphr said:

Lastly any other combinations/items to contribute are appreciated

Nice post from Sheelay about many different sets. Do not get over whelmed this would be for an advanced WHM most WHMS do not have all or a majority of these sets but this can give you ideas or goals ^^

Good Luck hope this helps <3
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-09 22:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
...MP+ gear isn't important no matter your race this isn't 2006
;            ;............... that hurt tweeek D:
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-09 22:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

throwing it out there, you're not going to be hitting 49-50 with af3+2 body without spending millions of gil. also, fastcast does not only affect cast time, so it's also useful for reducing recast on cures (as well as other spells). really player preference on that.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-09 23:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
throwing it out there, you're not going to be hitting 49-50 with af3+2 body without spending millions of gil. also, fastcast does not only affect cast time, so it's also useful for reducing recast on cures (as well as other spells). really player preference on that.

Medicine ring is cheap.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-08-09 23:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Tweek have you ever tested Cure VI with and without the +7 mnd? I'm curious how much more you are curing/hitting for with 7 mnd.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-09 23:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

Medicine ring is cheap.
I got/get so much crap for even considering medicine ring, like I was stupid or something.

I used it when I was a level 60 whm way back in the day (I didn't use it to its full potential back then of course, but back then I didn't use gear that made sense at all really, I was so poor). Medicine ring is the only armor piece over the years I've played whm that hasn't changed, ever. Every other piece of gear has changed at one point in time, and multiple times at that, but only Medicine Ring remains untouched in my cure sets. I personally love medicine ring and will use it until SE gives up on the game and accidentally "corrupts" our character data and gives the servers to 14 while they offer us a 3 month free trial for the inconvenience. Or until they release something more powerful, but I find it hard to believe they will make anything more powerful than a nobles tunic on your finger.

If your willing to make the effort and have the rest of your gear sets up to an acceptable level then I'd recommend trying it out for a week or two so you can get use to it. It really is an amazing piece of equipment that opens so many doors to you, you just have to be more aware of your surroundings and make sure you don't run in the middle of battle with your HP still yellow.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-09 23:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Most important gear sets are Idle, precast, and Cure potency. Idle set should have as much refresh as possible, then fill the rest with -DT and regen. Precast should just be fastcast gear and cure casting time- gear to make your spells go off faster. Cure potency cap is 50%, which is easy to reach if you use nobles (or augmented trophy body) and the magian cure staff. It's a bit harder (and expensive) to reach 50% with AF3 body on.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-09 23:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Tweek have you ever tested Cure VI with and without the +7 mnd? I'm curious how much more you are curing/hitting for with 7 mnd.
Try out FFXI Calculator, it will answer your question.

It handles every curing variable and also includes atma's for you to play around with, plus is 100% accurate.

Tabs: Statistics > Magic > Healing

I use this all the time for offline testing, and have done hundreds of in game comparisons to verify its accuracy and it works perfectly.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-09 23:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

Medicine ring is cheap.
medicine ring is also a player preference, it's good but some people don't like having to deal with yellow hp. but sure, i stand corrected on requiring millions of gil.
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-08-10 10:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have found that a lot of the set discussions on this forum are outdated since the last patch, so it might not be a bad discussion to revisit.

Here are the sets I have:

Healing
Max MND
Max INT
No Enmity
INT based Enfeeb (when you need skill more than just straight INT)
MND based Enfeeb (see above)
Resting (hMP)
Elemental DMG
Elemental Skill
Enhancing
Stoneskin
Fast Cast
Melee
Bar Spells
Dark Magic
*Na spells
-MDT
-PDT
Divine ACC
Divine ATK
Regen

Sets I'm building:
Devotion Set (max HP)
and a few situation sets for fights the LS is about to face.

I know this looks like a lot, but it's mostly a few pieces that get macro'd in for the situation. My three base sets- Healing, Max MND and Max INT are the three full sets.

ETA- if you'd like to see a specific set I can post it.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 12:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
Max INT
Elemental DMG
Elemental Skill

Why do you even need these sets? Max INT? For what. Int based enfeeb is basically just a generic magic accuracy build with some enfeebling skill and maybe some spare INT(if you have the pieces already) for sleeps, and that's it.

And elemental DMG/skill? For why? Why would you be nuking with elemental magic. If you need to azure you can just use Holy/Banish.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 12:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental debuffs when /BLM? I don't know :(
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 12:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:

I WILL CHOKE YOU. HAHA GET IT?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

I'm scared because I know you're serious.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-10 12:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Max INT
Elemental DMG
Elemental Skill
+

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Windstorm

+

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Aero_II

=

RAWR?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 12:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

dat bind potency?
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-10 12:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 12:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
I'm scared because I know you're serious.

>:3

Sylph.Kiaru said:
RAWR?

I have seen the light.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
dat bind potency?

Oh I'll bind you, baby.

Asura.Xenophire said:

:<
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-08-10 12:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Caylene said:
Max INT
Elemental DMG
Elemental Skill

Why do you even need these sets? Max INT? For what. Int based enfeeb is basically just a generic magic accuracy build with some enfeebling skill and maybe some spare INT(if you have the pieces already) for sleeps, and that's it.

And elemental DMG/skill? For why? Why would you be nuking with elemental magic. If you need to azure you can just use Holy/Banish.

My sets cover all possible WHM situations- no matter what sub I'm using. Sometimes, I have to go as /blm for extra stuns. Generic?? I don't do generic. I play to optimize my capabilities in every situation. Also- these are just sets that I have that exist. I don't use them all every time- I would think that much would be obvious. Situational gear is situational.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-10 19:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:

It's actually 7 + 8 MND (with Orison+2 boots) + 5 Healing Skill vs 1% cure potency for the traditional 49v50 setups serp set vs augur + mnd boots
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Caylene said:
Max INT
Elemental DMG
Elemental Skill

My sets cover all possible WHM situations- no matter what sub I'm using. Sometimes, I have to go as /blm for extra stuns. Generic?? I don't do generic. I play to optimize my capabilities in every situation. Also- these are just sets that I have that exist. I don't use them all every time- I would think that much would be obvious. Situational gear is situational.
Stun doesn't explain any of those sets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 19:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
Situational gear is situational.

There's no situation that requires max INT, or elemental nuking gear.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 19:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Caylene said:
Situational gear is situational.

There's no situation that requires max INT, or elemental nuking gear.
Elemental debuffs. already explained that :(
First Page 2 3