Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Glavoid
Glavoid
By lucan333 2011-08-06 13:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

have the blm stun if he is just standing there, or have the pld change to monk. glavoid is eays unlessy our a war, i always seem to ukko it at the wrong times, lol
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-06 14:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Very important to tell your DD never to WS unless glavoid is casting, recently finished a TP move, or is 2-hour'd.
By Pooman 2011-08-06 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lucan333 said:
have the blm stun if he is just standing there, or have the pld change to monk. glavoid is easy unless you don't pay attention at all, i always seem to ukko it at the wrong times, lol

FTFY
I mean really, you have the WAR EMP but still WS at the wrong times against Glavoid?
[+]
 Sylph.Aegisbushido
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Aegisbushido 2011-08-06 15:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said:
I hate to brag. I really do i swear but I am one of the the better whm's on my server and I am sure there are people that would agree. Unless the tank is in yellow I don't throw in a cure, it's pointless.

Quote:
You can have the THF use /DNC to stun it.
^ Will have to try this. XD
dont inflate his ego^
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-08-06 17:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Aegisbushido said:
Sylph.Annex said:
I hate to brag. I really do i swear but I am one of the the better whm's on my server and I am sure there are people that would agree. Unless the tank is in yellow I don't throw in a cure, it's pointless.

Quote:
You can have the THF use /DNC to stun it.
^ Will have to try this. XD
dont inflate his ego^

He's hella better than you Aegis >_>

Would have to agree, it'd gone faster if I'd been on mnk or nin. Though I had fun going out on PLD, doesn't really get used at all anymore. From my other experinces with glavoid nice to have two tanks just for the hate reset (if possible) done it MNK+NIN PLD+MNK MNK+THF a few times and went well. Fight took forever yeah, but we won all 3 and 2 shells each time so I'd say it went well, but could of gone faster.
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-07 03:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a Glavoid tonight (4am >.>) just to try stunning disgorge after a few chloris for a friend and got it killed in ~10 mintues. Thanks for all for the info. We went MNK THF WHM and I stunned disgorge 2 of the 3 times, the one i didnt i was 1 second late ; ; but all good only thf died.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-08-08 21:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said:
Did a Glavoid tonight (4am >.>) just to try stunning disgorge after a few chloris for a friend and got it killed in ~10 mintues. Thanks for all for the info. We went MNK THF WHM and I stunned disgorge 2 of the 3 times, the one i didnt i was 1 second late ; ; but all good only thf died.

He wasn't a second late, he just wanted the thf to die ^.~
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-08-08 21:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not bothering to read what everyone else said, so:

Disgorge is super easy to stun. As DNC I stun it every single time. As for WS, I tell my pt to only WS during spells, until you get the hang of his TP/spell patterns. Also during Blood Weapon if not invincible. Have PLD go MNK and rape it!
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-08 22:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanked this tonight on mnk/war. Disgorge never hit over 2k. Used RR/SS/AoA and had ~3.8k HP. Took 3-8 mins. Just have to have people quick about turning and not healing him.
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-14 21:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Done with this NM finally! my next concern is Tunga...... /sigh
 Bahamut.Yanosuke
user: yanosuke
By Bahamut.Yanosuke 2011-08-14 21:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tunga, best solution, farm gold chests for that one. After you've got azure, pearle and amber capped, the chigoes surrounding tunga are great for farming. We've noticed that the Tunga KI is fairly common from chests. We opted for this work-a-round since Tunga was camped a lot and I'm sure it still is. Of course, if you have the setup you can always fight Tunga while killing the chigoes for chests if there's no one else around. Good luck to you!
 Bahamut.Gimpness
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-08-14 21:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Tanked this tonight on mnk/war. Disgorge never hit over 2k. Used RR/SS/AoA and had ~3.8k HP. Took 3-8 mins. Just have to have people quick about turning and not healing him.

I don't think this one's true. not that you did it... that if you don't heal it disgorge doesn't do much. because we killed a couple a while ago and it took maybe 3-4 minutes. Didn't heal it once and disgorge still hit me for 9k with merited shell 5, barstone, and earth carol. Maybe I just suck -_-;;
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-14 21:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

disgorge is physical, gorge is magic

regardless, phalanx II glitches disgorge and makes it do like 5 damage if you're that concerned with not dying

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-14 21:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what's to doubt
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-14 21:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Gimpness said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

I don't think this one's true. not that you did it... that if you don't heal it disgorge doesn't do much. because we killed a couple a while ago and it took maybe 3-4 minutes. Didn't heal it once and disgorge still hit me for 9k with merited shell 5, barstone, and earth carol. Maybe I just suck -_-;;

Regardless of healing it for 0, or 18k+ a fight, disgorge did 400-2200 over the course of 20ish fights so far with 36% PDT.

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
disgorge is physical, gorge is magic

regardless, phalanx II glitches disgorge and makes it do like 5 damage if you're that concerned with not dying

Apparently disgorge is 1-1500 attacks that do 1-40 damage. Who woulda thunk. =3
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-14 21:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm doubtful that it's that (though it'd make sense), but regardless, when we were on our +250 glavoid shell expedition a few months ago, every time we had a mule swap to rdm for phalanx II and we never died during any of the kills
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-14 21:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
i'm doubtful that it's that (though it'd make sense), but regardless, when we were on our +250 glavoid shell expedition a few months ago, every time we had a mule swap to rdm for phalanx II and we never died during any of the kills

I was joking =(

But I've yet to have a disgorge kill me on mnk yet. Still have 71 more shells to do, I'll keep note of it.
By wolfslayer 2011-08-14 22:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

well i was duoin this with my whm today and i got 1shoted with disgorge 8.4k anyone know why?>
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-14 22:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

did you heal it a lot?
By wolfslayer 2011-08-14 22:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

no not once
 Bismarck.Anomandaris
Server: Bismarck
user: Anomander
By Bismarck.Anomandaris 2011-08-23 07:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I always found glavoid hilariously easy to tank on nin. With good sources of haste you can keep migawari up about 95% of the time. If the only damage source, can turn when its down to be completely safe. Doing this one shot disgorges become a non issue, unless he uses it when you start casting migawari, but that shouldn't happen often.

This is of course from a kannagi nin's standpoint, might take a bit longer for a jinja but the theory is the same.
[+]