Glavoid
First Page 2
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 02:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently @17 shells. Hes not a hard NM but takes just forever to kill. We can 4 man him WHM, BLM, THF, PLD/WAR tank (all +2 gear, works wonders and eats gorge and disgorge like its nothing, sometimes healing the pld).

And really we only have blm there for yellow. However the fights are taking about 20-30 minutes each and that's only healing him 3-4 times when you start a ws and the *** does a TP move right after.

Any tricks out there to low man and kill it faster? I would greatly appreciate it. XD
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-06 02:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What other jobs does the PLD have? You'd speed up the fight I'm sure if you had him switch a better DD job. ;x
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-08-06 02:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Been killing in like 8mins max WHM+DNC. Just dont be lazy and cure bomb screw shadows stun disgorge turn so you dont heal it. you are pretty much duoing too thf+whm so at least you are on the right path
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 02:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The pld has mnk and nin as well very well geared. However I have tried thf tank and when disgorge hits for 6k....well, its not pretty.

Also have tried to stun disgorge even one run took 4 blms and none of us could stun disgorge unless insta-cast proced.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-06 02:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the pld change to mnk or even nin
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
Server: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-08-06 02:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also have tried to stun disgorge even one run took 4 blms and none of us could stun disgorge unless insta-cast proced.

Then clearly this is just people not paying attention, there is like a 3 second ready timer for this, it is not difficult to stun.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-06 02:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

gorge/disgorge only really sucks when people aren't positioned correctly, if everyone is within range the damage is spread out amongst the party, it should never hit 1 person. Also, as everyone else said, lose the pld.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-08-06 02:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Popebenedict said:
Quote:

Then clearly this is just people not paying attention, there is like a 3 second ready timer for this, it is not difficult to stun.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 02:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So your saying gorge and disgorge work like 1000 needles?
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 02:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone? Practically the last nm for my static before we all move to 2nd stage all we have is lol briareus left.

Would greatly appreciate the help.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-06 02:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

THF+WHM is best.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-06 03:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't over exaggerate. It's not a "laughably" long charge time. If your stunner is midcast on something they will miss it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 03:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok! thank you! Ya the problem with just whm + thf duo that im having is being midcast of something else to be able to stun disgorge.

I will have to try it, just hate wasting a pops especially with how heavily camped tahrongi is whenever my group goes to farm KI.

What atma would the thf use? GH+RR+APOC?
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 03:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ryuotas said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I wouldn't over exaggerate. It's not a "laughably" long charge time. If your stunner is midcast on something they will miss it.

Well, stunning the move is only half of the battle (so to speak).. figured it was obligatory to be strategic in the casting of your spells if say, you're WHM/BLM (doubling as the only support and the only stunner).

Wait until Glavoid is casting to heal your tank (they can survive until then), or be on stand-by for stunning Disgorge, and simply stun if it's Disgorge, then heal; if it's something mundane (Slaverous Gale, Aeolian Void, etc.), you just heal in lieu of stunning (very simple concept).

Can only bring the horse to water, can't force it to drink, I guess.

Understood!

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-06 04:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorge can also be potentially dangerous, there are more ways than one that a duo can go bad. It isn't as laughably easy as you are painting it out to be. You also sound very pompous, just thought I'd throw that out there. I personally used Apoc+GH+RR for my THF. You might also run into trouble with hate reset if its your first time. It isn't hard but it isn't exactly an afk fight either.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-06 05:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gorge can also be potentially dangerous, there are more ways than one that a duo can go bad. It isn't as laughably easy as you are painting it out to be. You also sound very pompous, just thought I'd throw that out there. I personally used Apoc+GH+RR for my THF. You might also run into trouble with hate reset if its your first time. It isn't hard but it isn't exactly an afk fight either.

This.

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-08-06 07:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go on WHM/BLM, and betweeen cures, erase and haste, I can manage to stun Disgorge. There's no excuse for a BLM that goes to Glavoid solely for Stun don't stun it properly.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-06 07:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
I usually go on WHM/BLM, and betweeen cures, erase and haste, I can manage to stun Disgorge. There's no excuse for a BLM that goes to Glavoid solely for Stun don't stun it properly.

That's lots of people. (or on cerberus at least) sigh
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-06 07:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

woahhhhhhh valmur's avatar is a huge mind ***
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-08-06 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any tricks out there to low man and kill it faster?

You can have the THF use /DNC to stun it. Works pretty much all the time. THF doesn't really need shadows on glav. Provides a steady duo setup with a WHM once you get used to it, and helps out your WHM if they are too busy to stun. Make sure the THF keeps Collab up for hate resets at low health. And yeah its definitely not afk-easy. The kind of thing you just have to get used to doing.

Also if you are looking for a fast method. I recall recently, having a SAM set up a Konzen-Ittai after Glav 2houred (make sure any stoneskin is eaten up first) then had our WAR Ukkos Fury. Took it from 70% to roughly 20% in one WS. Even if you don't have access to that WS, the same principle will help things go a bit faster for you.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-06 09:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to go inside Minhocao lol, just tank on his side or back he doesn't turn unless doing a ws that isn't disgorge.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-08-06 09:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how many people are in your low man. My small group was THF WAR NIN WHM RDM(stunner) most of the time and we absolutely raped it.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-08-06 13:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to brag. I really do i swear but I am one of the the better whm's on my server and I am sure there are people that would agree. Unless the tank is in yellow I don't throw in a cure, it's pointless.

Quote:
You can have the THF use /DNC to stun it.
^ Will have to try this. XD
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-06 13:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

if haste/regen/buffs/ etc are all up and im just standing there, i'll throw a cure3 to cap their hp even if its not in yellow
[+]
First Page 2