Kamome
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Narkash
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Narkash
By Shiva.Narkash 2011-08-05 18:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so i was wondering, does kamome only increase the crit. hit dmg. on itself? or on all hits in general?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-05 18:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All crits.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-08-05 18:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

on top of ACC+ ATT+
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 18:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Narkash said:
so i was wondering

yes, yes it is amazing

thank you for flying with kamome airlines (and not sekka +2 airways)
[+]
 Shiva.Narkash
Server: Shiva
user: Narkash
By Shiva.Narkash 2011-08-05 21:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, i'm working on a sekka+2 main hand til i get kannagi...and will prolly use sekka +2 for when eva tanking/holding for procs
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-05 21:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Narkash said:
lol, i'm working on a sekka+2 main hand til i get kannagi...and will prolly use sekka +2 for when eva tanking/holding for procs

Just get a hochomasamune or an Oirandori
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceolwulf
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ceolwulf
By Carbuncle.Ceolwulf 2011-08-05 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, you guys don't like Sekka +2s?
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-05 22:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said:
Shiva.Narkash said:

Why Hochomasamune?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 23:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

easier to get than oirandori, but oirandori would still be faster to get than a sekka +2, so, it's kind of a catch-22

either way, point is don't get sekka +2 OH GOD
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 23:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Fenrir.Leoheart said:
Shiva.Narkash said:

Why Hochomasamune?
high base damage, fast cast, and it works until you get kannagi
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-08-05 23:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eva sekka has it's uses :(
 Carbuncle.Ceolwulf
By Carbuncle.Ceolwulf 2011-08-05 23:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone explain the reason for not getting Sekka +2s?
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-05 23:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:

-Magian trials are a pain in the rear
-Higher delay means you don't hold hate as well as if you had a low delay
-Lower damage over time
-can't think of a mob that i couldn't kill without 20 evasion

That said there's nothing wrong with it, it's just like training wheels is all. Most good ninjas wouldn't need it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-05 23:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my hochomasamune :))
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-05 23:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:

because when you get kannagi you'll realise it does nothing but sit in your inventory for months and months because you cant bring yourself to drop something because of the hours spent each day of waiting for X weather to finish it ._.

I've had kannagi for... mmmmmm about 6 or so months? I can't remember, but I havnt used my sekka since.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 23:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i can see arguing for oirandori, but hochomasamune has lower base damage and higher delay than sekka +2. easier to get, but i wouldn't say that it's bad to work towards a sekka +2.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-05 23:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:

Magian trials are a pain in the rear
-Lower damage over time

That being said Sekka +2 actually has a higher DPS than hochomasamune, but doesnt beat oirandori~

it also only has 201 delay
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-05 23:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:

Magian trials are a pain in the rear
-Lower damage over time

That being said Sekka +2 actually has a higher DPS than hochomasamune, but doesnt beat oirandori~

it also only has 201 delay

sekka vs hocho is like debating what type of training wheels you want to put on your bike. some ppl would prefer evasion others would prefer being able to get ichi up. I wouldn't fault any one for either decision tbh i was mainly looking at ori as a comparison between a damage vs defensive katana.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-08-05 23:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an eva sekka isn't a bad thing, you people are stupid.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 23:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ok
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-05 23:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No one's saying it's a bad thing, it's just a lot more time efficient to get hochomasamune or Oirandori in the meantime while he finishes his Kannagi off.
When He has His kannagi, He can offhand kamome, and forget those other katanas were even there.

Edit: He can even get his hochomasamune while he gets his briareus helms.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-08-05 23:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you have a kannagi, ***is situational. Often times for soloing or lowman, having an eva sekka will result in less time casting shadows and more damage. Obviously don't need to use it in abyssea 95% of the time, but saying you won't ever have a use for it is stupid. It's not like kamome is going to be the top offhand katana at 99 anyways, especially outside of abyssea. Isn't an atk sekka already better than kamome outside abyssea unless pdif capped?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceolwulf
By Carbuncle.Ceolwulf 2011-08-05 23:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
It's much easier to get two Sekka +2s than one Kannagi 85.

Lakshmi.Galith said:
I can't think of when 21 delay would make or break holding hate. If you're in Abyssea, you'll be at the hate cap anyway. If you're not in Abyssea, wouldn't you want +EVA so enmity doesn't decay quicker? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe taking damage causes you to to lose more hate than evading)

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lower damage over time
Wiki says DPS for Kamome is 13 while Sekka +2 is 13.73.

Lakshmi.Galith said:
That said there's nothing wrong with it, it's just like training wheels is all. Most good ninjas wouldn't need it.
Wouldn't "most good ninjas" not need the extra ACC or ATK, if "most good ninjas" don't need the extra EVA? Because, outside of Abyssea, I wouldn't say that the crit damage increase would be better than 20 EVA and 9 AGI.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-08-05 23:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not much easier to get 2 sekka+2s than a kannagi 85. You could probably finish a kannagi 85 before 1 eva sekka, due to day/weather limitations. Kamome is by far the best offhand inside abyssea, damage wise anyways.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-08-05 23:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Wiki doesn't count bonuses from the weapon, just pure DMG/DEL, its not what you base your weapon choices off it, theres a lot of factors.
 Carbuncle.Ceolwulf
By Carbuncle.Ceolwulf 2011-08-06 00:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
It is not much easier to get 2 sekka+2s than a kannagi 85. You could probably finish a kannagi 85 before 1 eva sekka, due to day/weather limitations. Kamome is by far the best offhand inside abyssea, damage wise anyways.
You can do two Sekka +2s at the same time for a handful of the trials, and there are a couple of areas with almost constant wind weather (Grauberg (S), Cape Terrigan). I got one katana up to Trial 1520 in a night, and the only reason I stopped was because I had to go to bed. You can solo Sekka +2s casually in a couple of RL days, so it's very much easier than getting a Kannagi 85.

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Wiki doesn't count bonuses from the weapon, just pure DMG/DEL, its not what you base your weapon choices off it, theres a lot of factors.
So what you're saying is that it's hard to say if one katana has higher DoT than another?
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-08-06 00:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hochomasamune is great for soloing with /RDM on NMs with really high/capped Acc, if you really need shadows up. I never made an eva sekka+2, atm there is just no point in it. If you really can't keep shadows up with 26% haste gear, AF3+2 boots, and fast cast gear you must be doing something wrong.

Maybe if you're pulling for a FC, or have a NM using HF an evasion sekka could be nice... or you could just go /RDM and use a PDT set, let all the mandies hit you for 0 with phala up. HF I guess you could get some sort of use out of it, but, meh.

If you really want a Sekka go with Meva, Mdef, or MaB... At least they open up a little bit more of a door for the job.

If you're in a group just stick with Oirandori/Kamome, Kannagi/Kamome, or Kannagi/Oirandori unless the situation calls for something special.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-06 00:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
It's much easier to get two Sekka +2s than one Kannagi 85.

But when you're done with your Kannagi 85 you've got one of the best katanas in the game.

Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
I can't think of when 21 delay would make or break holding hate. If you're in Abyssea, you'll be at the hate cap anyway. If you're not in Abyssea, wouldn't you want +EVA so enmity doesn't decay quicker? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe taking damage causes you to to lose more hate than evading)

Holding hate while at the hate cap is what I'm talking about. The person with the fastest weapon is the tank because the mob will bounce to the last person to hit it. Not getting hit does help hold hate but you will become better at keeping shadows up if you don't rely on random things like the mob missing you. Evasion is a good skill to have but it is inconsistent and you can get by without it.

Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lower damage over time

The wiki DPS number isn't damage over time

Carbuncle.Ceolwulf said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Wouldn't "most good ninjas" not need the extra ACC or ATK, if "most good ninjas" don't need the extra EVA? Because, outside of Abyssea, I wouldn't say that the crit damage increase would be better than 20 EVA and 9 AGI.

A good ninja's ideal gear is not a sekka and when they get their ideal weapon they most likely are not going to offhand a sekka. You will need to learn how to tank without the 20 evasion from your sekka at one point therefore i say it's like training wheels. The person above is correct in saying there are instances where evasion is the preferred method of tanking and that's mainly on something that attacks ridiculously fast.

Once again there is no fault in using a sekka, but you most likely don't need one and it might be better to just learn how to do without it in preperation for when you upgrade your weapons later.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-08-06 00:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You could duo kannagi in a couple RL days and the difference between having kannagi and not having kannagi is pretty massive.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5