How Do You Low Man KSNM99 Hills Are Alive?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » How do you low man KSNM99 Hills Are Alive?
How do you low man KSNM99 Hills Are Alive?
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2011-08-02 05:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear I can never beat this damn KSNM. At 75 with 14 blms still couldn't beat it and we tried again with 5-6 blms at 90 and still can't dent the damn thing. Blizzard 5 nukes doing like 500-600 and even with constant spamming nukes inside shell, it won't come out and ends up regening to full every time. People have claimed to have done this BCNM with 4 (I don't know how nor do I believe it). I know the basic strat for it and for the love of god we just can't win. Wyrm and Behemoth are total jokes (done both with 6 and wasn't insanely hard) compared to this stupid turtle. Any information will be appreciate. *rant mode*
 Carbuncle.Topdogg
Server: Carbuncle
user: opti09
By Carbuncle.Topdogg 2011-08-02 05:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

need moar MB
[+]
 Asura.Sangunius
Server: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-08-02 05:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

2 SAMs a WHM and as many BLM as possible. Sams do darkness SC when the head goes in, BLM MB with Blizz V/Freeze II. Rinse. Repeat.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darklucifer
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Darklucifer 2011-08-02 05:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

we went there with 14 blms 1 good rdm.... kinda every blm other position arround him, rdm gravity nd silence him (or atleast try)

then blm start to nuke like insane....even with those many blms we had to convert to get it down.....
if you going lowman just wait till he is trying to get 1 of you. the one with hate should kite it arround till blm`s got enough mp to nuke on it for the next round...

just stick to ice spells and it will be fine. we needed per fight kinda 7- max 10 minutes.

greets

edit: oh sry i didnt c the "lowman" 14 ppl isnt lowman ofc D
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2011-08-02 05:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

we don't have 14 blms for one. I'm talking about a low man groups of about 5-8 max. Tank, 2 dds, 2 blm, brd, whm, rdm i'm thinking kind of setup. That's what i want to do this with but just doesn't look possible.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-02 05:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this as PLD(Aegis+Almace) NIN(Kannagi) BLM + 2 whm mules, and we timed out because of PLD disconnecting early on, so it regened to full, and I dcd (blm) for the last 5min.
Would have easily beat it otherwise, pretty sure >_>
CDC -> Hi (and the other way around I belive) makes darkness, so just have them do that and spam nukes.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-02 05:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it as 5. Just nuke spammed in shell, kited when out while resting up MP. Were 4 BLMs and a RDM. Sometimes it takes a while to come out of it's shell, but 4 mages should be plenty. 500-600 nukes is awfully low, that has to be a resist.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-02 05:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this with 2 BLMs, SCH, BRD, WHM, RDM. Threnody does numbers to his regen, it's crazy. But other than that, the blms/sch were well geared(magian staff, AF3+1/2, etc etc), the SCH would helix and nuke as well. We had an easy time with it. Spam nuke until out of shell. Spend ~45 seconds kiting so we could recover some MP. One blm would nuke it to force it back into shell, repeat. It took ~10 minutes each time but it was always an easy victory. The whm was a nice have just in case a crazy spell went off, which happened sometimes.

Edit: He does have some form of MDB, it feels like he takes about half damage from nukes. But half damage of what I was doing was like 1.5k. So, if your blms were only doing 600, they weren't very well geared. I'd think an average BLM would do around 1k to this per nuke.
 Bismarck.Teraflare
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Teraflare 2011-08-02 05:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

2 SAM
1 RDM
1 BRD
4 BLM

Have the RDM, BRD and BLM's in the same PT. Refresh II, Ballad II and Ballad III at all times as well as cures for DD's and BLM's if needed.

1 - Have SAMs DD it till it goes into its shell.

2 - Silence the turtle. *

3 - SAM's skillchain darkness.

4 - Have BLM's MB with ice spells.

5 - That's usually enough to get it out if your BLM's are meritted and not geared like gimps. If not carry on nuking till it comes out, make sure all BLM's stop casting the second it appears again.

6 - Repeat steps 1 - 5.

* Make sure your BLM's have echo drops just incase silencga goes off.
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2011-08-02 05:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was the top blm dmg and my nukes did max 600. Resist was 300-400. I was extremely disappointed in my dmg considering my blms is all capped and fully merited with good gear. Also, can anyone provide any low man strategies that do not have relics/mythics/empyreals included?. My LS does not have those at all so it's not gonna be the same result. My blm isn't gimp at all. I have good gear. HQ staves, full Af3+1, full merits, all magic skills at max. Normally my blizzard 5 outside abyssea does around 2k+.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-02 05:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Your best bet is probably to bring a few BLMs along to do the good ol' SC MB Aspid strat.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-08-02 06:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this KSNM a few times a couple of weeks back with 2 sams for SC, 5 blms and a rdm. It`s pretty easy if everyone nukes at the same time, because I did notice that if people just start doing random damage he`ll just keep hiding in his shell and you'll just time out.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2011-08-02 06:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lolz this bc is stupid easy if you kno the way to go,was overkill whit 6 ppl beated in 10 mins. 1 whm 1 tank( ninja is best,tho we had a mnk) 1 sam and 3 blm.can be done whit just 2 blm,but they gotta have good equips tho.the matter is that when he go into the shell,
tank and sam start sc darkness and blm time nuke blizz spells over and over and stop when he get out.be sure blm are good in mp then dd can start hitting again,when he goes into the shell rinse and repeat.easy prey
 Bismarck.Teraflare
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Teraflare 2011-08-02 09:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I was the top blm dmg and my nukes did max 600. Resist was 300-400.

600?! SIX HUNDRED?! Did I read that correctly? Are you using food? Is this an MB value or a standard nuke? If that's your top damage (even as a standard nuke) and you're the highest nuking BLM in the group I'm not surprised you're struggling with this BCNM.

Quote:
I was extremely disappointed in my dmg considering my blms is all capped and fully merited with good gear.

Capped INT? Capped elemental magic? Capped Ice potency? Capped Freeze II? If you use Freeze II during this KSNM which I assume you do if Bliz 5 recast is down...

Quote:
My blm isn't gimp at all. I have good gear.

You already said that....and then you totally ruin it all and show your gimp hand with the next 2 words....

Quote:
HQ staves

These weren't gimp until Magian Staves came along. Now the HQ's are the absolute base damage staff you should look for, there's a good reason they're so cheap compared to what they used to be. Get at the very least the +1 Magian MAB staves for the damage. they beat the HQ staves hands down in terms of damage. +2 is a walk in the park to get as well for teh -12% cast time. You can buy the items you need from the AH for next to nothing.

Quote:
Normally my blizzard 5 outside abyssea does around 2k+.

I get closer to 3k with +2 Magian Staves (+1 would do the same, just a fraction slower) outside of Abyssea. It makes a big difference.

Oh....I'm a lolGalkaBLM btw, you should be able to outnuke my *** without trying but I'm reading 600 top damage nukes for Bliz 5 and wondering how the hell I'm getting 2k+ MB's most of the time when I do that KSNM. My resists are higher than your highest nukes...that's worrying if your BLM "isn't gimp".

Magian staves would be your starting point - go get started on them! A large increase in damage and you'll be glad you spent the time and effort getting them.
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2011-08-02 16:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is blm isn't my main and I have no interest in magian staves. Thf is my main but thf is pretty useless in that BCNM so I bring my blm instead. Yes I use food as well. Using Cream puffs for int. And yes all merits capped. I'm fully capped on every job in terms of skills and merits. And when I say good gear I'm on a scale of 1 to 10, maybe a 6-7. I'm not uber or anything great. My thf in terms of that, is greatly geared.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-08-04 23:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring 1 WHM 1 RDM, 2 SAM and 2 BLM(more is total overkill)

RDM should be able to keep the turtle silence locked, WHM duh cures, and 2 SAM for SC back and fourth.

Rana -> Gekko \
Fudo -> Rana = Darkness
Rana -> Fudo /

If your BLMs have AF3+2 hat (what people don't have +2s this late in the game especially from SCARs?) then they should be starting to cast on the 2nd WS, the animation and delay on Magic Bursting got a huge delay on it now and its even easier to hit then it was before it.

when its outside of shell kite it around, don't put any DoTs on it or anything, when the BLMs say they are ready (with Blizzard5 or 4) then force it in shell and quickly set up the next Skillchain.

It's really that easy, again the more BLMs you bring the faster it goes down, with Sengikori and about 6 BLMs magic bursting we would chop off 30-40% of the turtles HP, 2 of those and then 1 normal magic burst dropped it in all of 4-5min.
 Asura.Terasan
user: Terasan
By Asura.Terasan 2011-08-05 00:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't suck, I guess? I just did a few runs with 10 (Not lowman but the BLMs were pretty craptastic. Unaugmented Weskits abound.) And we still destroyed him with half of them not paying attention. I think our longest fight was 10 minutes and that was because the SAM didn't know how to SC with our MNK. I think our setup was like... SAM MNK BLMx5 SMN COR WHM.

Having a decent pair of melees on it really negates the need for a dedicated tank, I went as the WHM and barely cured. So instead, I MB'd Blizzard 1 for a whopping 16 dmg <_<a

Magian Staves aren't hard, just long, but they're worth the time investment even for a non-main BLM, even just doing Ice and Thunder (2 strongest nukes once we hit 99) will be a humongous improvement over Eles.

inb4 "But ur account sez u only have WHM" Old account, got hacked, yada yada.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By mathollamew 2011-09-28 11:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this with 2 Uko war 1 PLD (almace+Ochain) 1 whm mule, 1rdm mule, 3 blms. Strat was when outta shell wars beat it down. it goes in shell, wars still beat it down blms nuke it out. once out wars would get off of it and regain tp while blms rested mp. once blms were rested rinse and repeat. usually took off about 10 to 20% every volly. very easy. Hardest part is finding the ppl to do it.
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2011-09-28 12:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Really easy fight - in fact a pal used to solo / multibox this @ 90 with a rdm/war and 5 blms in about 13 mins.

1. have your "tank" build some hate / kite around the bcnm (with others standing in the middle)

2. when its OUT the shell don't do ANY dmg (it goes in after 2k (ish) dmg iirc)- so have everyone get full mp buff etc.

3. apply silence ASAP (a very important factor in this fight - silence always needs to be on fresh JUST as its head goes in)

3. then you need to output around 10k (ish) dmg fast (my pal would do Freeze II x 5 then Bliz IV x5 i think) to force it back out - then you can all rest up again while someone holds hate and continues to kite (can also bind and grav it etc)

Note : you need to be able to count your dmg on the fly - if you do happen to push over 12k (ish) dmg per "attack volley" you will also need a back up plan to handle this fact and know where you are damage wise