Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » new to Spellcast need assistance
new to Spellcast need assistance
By karolann 2011-07-30 21:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so i am attempting to use spellcast on my thf/dnc and i have never really dabbled in this before. I loaded a Pre configured spellcast .xml file i found on windower and i engaged and it worked ok the first time but then i didnt change gear again when i re engaged and had unequipped my gear. Then i found this one that looked like it might fit my needs better but not sure how to change the Require Version 2.30 to 2.40 Please if anyone could assist me would be great.

http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml/thf/icy_s_thf this is where i got the .xml

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<spellcast xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<config
RequireVersion="2.30"
Debug="False"
ShowGearSwaps="False"
ShowSpellInfo="False"
/>
<sets>
<group Name="THF" Default="Yes">
<set Name="Idle">
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-07-30 21:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can probably just delete the requireversion line. I don't really even know what kind of use that has. :x Otherwise you can just change the number "2.30" on that line to 2.40.
By karolann 2011-07-30 21:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
You can probably just delete the requireversion line. I don't really even know what kind of use that has. :x Otherwise you can just change the number "2.30" on that line to 2.40.

i get an error xml parsing error line 0-Failed to open file
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-07-30 21:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never even heard of that error. I bet you'd have better luck just making your own >.< I can help if you wish.
By karolann 2011-07-30 21:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
I've never even heard of that error. I bet you'd have better luck just making your own >.< I can help if you wish.

C:\Program Files\WINDOWER 3.42\plugins\spellcast Karolann.xml

Yes please can we skype or anything? to be quicker or yahoo?
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-07-30 21:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, is that in the spellcast folder or is it in the plugins folder named spellcast Karolann.xml? If the latter is the case, you'll want to rename it to something like thf.xml and move it to your spellcast folder.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-07-30 21:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, we can. I'll pm you my skype info
By karolann 2011-07-30 21:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Now, is that in the spellcast folder or is it in the plugins folder named spellcast Karolann.xml? If the latter is the case, you'll want to rename it to something like thf.xml and move it to your spellcast folder.

C:\Program Files\WINDOWER 3.42\plugins\spellcast

My xml is in the spellcast folder
 Leviathan.Laphine
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-07-30 23:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to change requireversion. That's just something spellcast uses to tell the user about a version restriction. If you were using spellcast 2.2 with that xml, instead of a parse error that you wouldn't know what to do about, you would get a "you need spellcast 2.3 or higher" type of message, actually directing you to a solution (download a new version).

karolann said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:

i get an error xml parsing error line 0-Failed to open file

Sounds to me that it is failing to include the file include.xml to your Karolann.xml. Do you have that file? You could either try to get it, or replace the <xi:include etc etc> lines with actual rules (i noticed them on ws and cancel rules).
By karolann 2011-07-31 00:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Greggles Helped me alot! He had to leave in a hurry so this is what i got, how do i load the spellcast?

http://pastebin.com/9kRpX8bc
 Leviathan.Laphine
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-07-31 00:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you typed feeet there lol.

A good practice is to open the xml with your internet browser. It will show up errors for you, and better than what the windower console does.
By karolann 2011-07-31 00:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

now i am getting spellcast: Invalid XML. No <spellcast>?

:(

i have done //load spellcast

edited the xml

//unload spellcast

//load spellcast

[12:10:25 AM] 3336:<16> Valid XML. Checking for Validity
[12:10:25 AM] 3336:<0> [ERROR] Don't have <spellcast>...
[12:10:25 AM] 3336:<0> Writing to Console: SpellCast: Invalid XML. No <spellcast>?
[12:10:25 AM] 3336:<0> [ERROR] Document is not valid.
[12:10:25 AM] 3336:<0> Writing to Console: SpellCast: Your document failed to load. Please view the error above, and once it is corrected type /sc reload

the Default.txt

Edit: make sure you have the entire file surrounded by

<spellcast>
</spellcast>

This was fixed here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/23498/spellcast-help/1/#1459581