Increases Duration Of Enhancing Magic.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Increases duration of enhancing magic.
Increases duration of enhancing magic.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-07-26 21:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been noticing this for a while but only really looked at it now was that Haste doesn't seem to get affected by gear that increases the duration of enhancing magic.

I only looked at it once but I just compared the duration of refresh II and haste and found:

Refresh II lasted 3:11
Haste lasted 3:13

This is with RDM feet +2 and the cape which at least according to wiki should be a 30% increase. Refresh II is supposed to be a 2:30 duration which would be a 41 second increase here while haste is meant to be a 3:00 duration so this would only be a 13 second increase.

So i'm just curious now if anyone knows more about the "Increase duration of enhancing magic" effect and whether it only affects certain spells.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-07-26 21:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My Refresh II lasted 3:14 and Haste lasted 3:54. Both are 30% increases, cast with only Estoqueur's cape and Estoqueur's hoseaux +2.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-07-26 21:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok forget deleting it, would make peoples post look strange, anyway just realised I wasn't swapping in feet for haste, derp.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-07-26 21:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The feet and cape have duration bonuses independent of the set bonus.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-07-26 22:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What could have thrown you off, and it confused me at first because I was having haste wear after 10 second old, if I use a champions tonic it causes my haste to insta-wear when the champions does. No matter how fresh it is. I don't know if they fixed this Monday haven't had a chance to play it, but on my rdm with composure up, cape and +1 feet(missing +2 body and feet no play time) haste always get the enhancing bonus except when I use a champions tonic in abyssea, it wears when the drink does.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-07-27 12:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
What could have thrown you off, and it confused me at first because I was having haste wear after 10 second old, if I use a champions tonic it causes my haste to insta-wear when the champions does. No matter how fresh it is. I don't know if they fixed this Monday haven't had a chance to play it, but on my rdm with composure up, cape and +1 feet(missing +2 body and feet no play time) haste always get the enhancing bonus except when I use a champions tonic in abyssea, it wears when the drink does.

... Use a champion's tonic without haste up, then tell me what's wrong with your statement.
 Valefor.Sylvr
Server: Valefor
user: Sylvr
By Valefor.Sylvr 2011-07-28 02:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Champion's Tonic GIVES Haste, and it doesn't stack with the spell (overwrites).