Rudra's Atma And Stat Stacking!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Atma and Stat stacking!
Rudra's Atma and Stat stacking!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said:
Idk personally, I'd like having the 40STR 50ATT.

Most of that STR is wasted due to your weapon being a dagger.
 Valefor.Smush
Server: Valefor
user: lavizzle
By Valefor.Smush 2011-07-26 01:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had Rudra for a while now and i can ashore you your gonna get best out off att › dex on stuff that matters due to the fact we have low attack dex is still importent and you can get plenty with attack on the same pieces you can use Kinematics thf spreadsheet as well to see for your self http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=10&mid=1302591885208714538

My ws set http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/224267

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff494/smush2/ pics
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
user: agroyboy
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-07-28 16:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

asym using fulo+2 while im working on str dagger right this sec. he is dnc while im thf but im sure were see if there's a better one or not soon.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-02 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The str isnt doing crap in abyssea when you have +50 or more just from cruor enhancements. Toss on gear and you will cap Fstr on most anything ever without a str atma. That just leaves the 70atk. If you really were hard on for atk get AO for the 50atk adn 10% Triple. If you want epeen screenshot worthy rudras, RR/SangScythe/Omni is the way to go. It is also competative with overall damage if you have a set designed to use that free 10% haste.

If you dont want to bother with a different TP set then RR/SS/Apoc or RR/SS/AO if you can take the HP hit will be your best overall damage options.

FYI rudras unstacked is competative with Evis/DE outside abyssea. As many have said, it is SLIGHTLY lower than evis on avg, but ODD more than makes up for that and then some.
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
user: agroyboy
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-08-04 09:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i've been using SA/RR/apoc lately seems to do pretty good dmg.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Jaypea
user: Rodders89
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-10-18 11:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
The str isnt doing crap in abyssea when you have +50 or more just from cruor enhancements. Toss on gear and you will cap Fstr on most anything ever without a str atma. That just leaves the 70atk. If you really were hard on for atk get AO for the 50atk adn 10% Triple. If you want epeen screenshot worthy rudras, RR/SangScythe/Omni is the way to go. It is also competative with overall damage if you have a set designed to use that free 10% haste. If you dont want to bother with a different TP set then RR/SS/Apoc or RR/SS/AO if you can take the HP hit will be your best overall damage options. FYI rudras unstacked is competative with Evis/DE outside abyssea. As many have said, it is SLIGHTLY lower than evis on avg, but ODD more than makes up for that and then some.

Why are people talking about evis out of aby end of story? Dancing edge lays a massive dumb all over evis outside of abyssea, that being said Rudra's is fairly decent out of aby. It's rather hit or miss at times unstacked but with ODD it's more than out parsing using DE unstacked, stacked it beats everything inside and outside unless you have terribad gear.
 Valefor.Didmizzler
user: didmao
By Valefor.Didmizzler 2011-10-20 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best off hand for stacking rudra's? I'm thinking oneiros knife for critical Dmg and low delay, and/or possibly x's knife. Any thoughts?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-10-20 09:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

X's knife no way. It is to slow with poor base damage. I am still rockin my Fusetto(+3) TP bonus+100 offhand for rudras. Its a huge boost to rudras damage unless your holding TP to 300 for some crazy reason (and makes it VERY competative outside abyssea unstacked).

If oneiros still has any use, its for Mandau at this point since magian weapons just got an upgrade and will get another at 99 next month and be even stronger.

As for DE vs Evis, I havent done the math since lv 85ish, but its a combination of factors that are helping Evis more than DE since lv 75.

*Dagger damage is still going up by a ton. DE has more mods, so more of its total damage comes from stats instead of weapons. Evis has lower mods, so more of its damage is based on your weapon. If you raise weapon damage by 10, Evis 'catches up' a bit because base damage is a bigger part of the equation. To a lesser extent higher Fstr cap has the same effect, though small. (yes we have more chr too, but my dex and weapon damage has gone up MUCH faster. More on dex below)

*Crit damage trait(and rate). Most obvious upgrade to evis. We get native crit damage boost and more crit damage gear available today than before. Also more crit rate gear available. Doesnt affect DE at all. Free boost to Evis.

*More dex gear, not much more chr gear. Much like the dagger damage, as we get more dex, evis plays 'catch up' because dex gear adds a greater % gain to evis than it does DE.

Long story short, a few things have been stacking the deck towards evis since 75. New dex/crit rate/crit damage gear and traits favor evis. Higher dagger damage favors evis. The gap was never really huge to start with, and it has been closing. The exact point when evis overtakes DE will shift from person to person, but as a mithra with terribad chr and obscene dex, that happened much faster. Evis passed up DE for me personally around lv 85.
 Valefor.Didmizzler
user: didmao
By Valefor.Didmizzler 2011-10-20 10:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually find my self holding tp frequently because I solo a lot. What I do is bully, then SA rudras. From that point ill dump tp with evisceration until bully is almost ready, then ill save tp again for another round. So far I've hit 6.7k rudras on turul I believe. On trash mobs I usually get around 5k just with SA... no TA or AC. I was just browsing for gears to get to up my dmg. I have my sights set on oneiros Helm right now. But I think Aias bonnet will be easier to get. Just no critical dmg + and less dex. That's why I was wondering about the offhand cuz they have critical dmg + mods on them. Stacked with SA the % boost with all those gears would be pretty good IMO.