Rudra's Atma And Stat Stacking!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Atma and Stat stacking!
Rudra's Atma and Stat stacking!
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Kinzie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kinzie 2011-07-20 21:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a friend that just got his Twash and Rudra's the other night. I know nothing of THF and I want to help him with a non SA/TA ws set. What is best strat for Stat stacking for rudra's and what atma combo is the best?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-20 21:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have atmas (you are in abyssea) you should never be using rudra's without SA/TA. Evisceration (with RR/GH/Apoc) will outdamage Rudra's AND its aftermath consistently. Outside of abyssea however, unstacked Rudras + Aftermath usually beats evis spam.

The most important stat is dex, of course. Stacking Dex and Attk will give you the best results I think. Here's my current set:

Could probably be improved by dex+4 earrings and dex+7 rings.

as for atmas, you should be using either RR/GH/Apoc OR RR/AaO/Apoc.

edit: RR/Omni/Apoc is also decent if you are willing to re-build your TP set for it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 21:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Love Torque as well Kirana?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-20 21:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Maybe Love Torque as well Kirana?
maybe if rank 4 prizes actually existed :(
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 21:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol then what about a gorget and belt combo? or just gorget? do those outdo the stat bonus?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-20 21:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol then what about a gorget and belt combo? or just gorget? do those outdo the stat bonus?
From what I've heard, Cuchu belt easily beats elemental belt. Gorget probably beats Agasaya, but I've been lazy.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 21:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol fair enough.. I remember before i took my break I solo'd a yovra on nin/dnc.. was so stupid easy and this was just before they gave waltz 3 to /dnc
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-20 21:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol fair enough.. I remember before i took my break I solo'd a yovra on nin/dnc.. was so stupid easy and this was just before they gave waltz 3 to /dnc

Less time to just solo Ovni :D
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 22:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

True Asym, I could do that these days lol.. I do need a BW still
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-07-21 09:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

From what I've heard, Cuchu belt easily beats elemental belt. Gorget probably beats Agasaya, but I've been lazy.

Kubira Beads beat Gorget on unstacked Mercy when I ran the numbers a while ago, so I would imagine that means Love Torque would be even better for Rudra's than Gorget.

Phoenix.Kirana said:

maybe if rank 4 prizes actually existed :(

I got both Hope and Justice Torque off this last lotto >_>
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
user: agroyboy
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-07-23 00:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

litle boots also. yea outside of abyssea mid 2.5k rudra's storms without food. and that's from the front
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-07-23 00:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
If you have atmas (you are in abyssea) you should never be using rudra's without SA/TA. Evisceration (with RR/GH/Apoc) will outdamage Rudra's AND its aftermath consistently. Outside of abyssea however, unstacked Rudras + Aftermath usually beats evis spam.

The most important stat is dex, of course. Stacking Dex and Attk will give you the best results I think. Here's my current set:

Could probably be improved by dex+4 earrings and dex+7 rings.

as for atmas, you should be using either RR/GH/Apoc OR RR/AaO/Apoc.

edit: RR/Omni/Apoc is also decent if you are willing to re-build your TP set for it.

what you mean rebuild your tp set ?
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-07-23 00:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It has 10 Haste so some times it's better to like dump TP feet like Homam or Baller. and twilight Belt and rock full +2 with Nuku's Sash.

Edit: It being Atma of the Omni. dex 50, haste 10, and enmity 10? idk. x_x
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-07-23 01:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

This is very well said. Not all empy are created equal unfortunately, and neither is the level of effort required to obtain them. This one in particular I consider harder than some others to obtain - for almost no benefit.

I'm trying not to troll but its good information for people who arent familiar with the weaponskill.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-23 01:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wojo said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

This is very well said. Not all empy are created equal unfortunately, and neither is the level of effort required to obtain them. This one in particular I consider harder than some others to obtain - for almost no benefit.

I'm trying not to troll but its good information for people who arent familiar with the weaponskill.
I respectfully disagree that there is "almost no benefit." When stacking it, rudra's puts out absolutely amazing results both inside and outside abyssea. Granted, Ukon (the same amount of work to build) would beat twash in any circumstance.
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-07-23 05:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Wojo said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

I respectfully disagree that there is "almost no benefit." When stacking it, rudra's puts out absolutely amazing results both inside and outside abyssea. Granted, Ukon (the same amount of work to build) would beat twash in any circumstance.

i disagree unstacked sucks in abbysea. maybe im doing it wrong or something. unless your counting odd with 300 tp. which in abbysea you crit for about 190 so odd be 390ish maybe and i have hit for 800 crit off odd. but unstacked ws sucks inside abyssea. outisde is a different thing where ws is pretty good.
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-07-23 06:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys ever used the WS? Unstacked is terrible both inside and outside, and if your Evi isn't beating unstacked Rudra's, then you're doing it wrong, not to mention you shouldn't be using Evi outside anyway.

Love is best, gorget is second, whatever else comes third onward. Lithe boots are pretty decent, but I've gotten better numbers with an augmented heca leggings+1 with 3 str. I have a dex earring instead of THF's, and I don't use Epona's for Rudra's. The rate outside isn't that good and from my own usage of the WS I've gotten a better average with a thundersoul instead of it (outside), though inside that could easily differ.
 Leviathan.Laphine
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-07-23 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo Rudra's Storm is not terrible outside. It hardly loses to DE and evis, and we do get the aftermath. And by accounting the aftermath, our dps in comparison to DE or Evis spam increases.
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-07-25 01:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yea unstacked rudra's storm doesnt suck outside it does pretty good dmg plus odd rocks.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-25 01:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sheetara said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Wojo said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

i disagree unstacked sucks in abbysea. maybe im doing it wrong or something. unless your counting odd with 300 tp. which in abbysea you crit for about 190 so odd be 390ish maybe and i have hit for 800 crit off odd. but unstacked ws sucks inside abyssea. outisde is a different thing where ws is pretty good.
I never said unstacked was good in abyssea, it's worse than evis.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-07-25 03:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sheetara said:
litle boots also. yea outside of abyssea mid 2.5k rudra's storms without food. and that's from the front

Average 2.5 k without SA or TA? I dont think so.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-25 04:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sheetara said:

Not if you're fighting anything that matters. Or matters to stuff that doesn't matter.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-25 04:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Savain said:
Have you guys ever used the WS? Unstacked is terrible both inside and outside, and if your Evi isn't beating unstacked Rudra's, then you're doing it wrong, not to mention you shouldn't be using Evi outside anyway.

Love is best, gorget is second, whatever else comes third onward. Lithe boots are pretty decent, but I've gotten better numbers with an augmented heca leggings+1 with 3 str. I have a dex earring instead of THF's, and I don't use Epona's for Rudra's. The rate outside isn't that good and from my own usage of the WS I've gotten a better average with a thundersoul instead of it (outside), though inside that could easily differ.

He didn't say that it beats Evisceration unstacked in Abyssea, although it actually does outside Abyssea when factoring in aftermath. Futhermore, why are people saying no Evisceration outside Abyssea? It was always near DE level, depending on the fight and if you critical'd more than one hit or not, it could often surpass DE. Now with naturally higher DEX, the dDEX cap lifted (which is likely irrelevant outside Abyssea, probably aren't hitting it, though I'm not positive), and Critical Attack Bonus trait, as well as that from Loki's, Evisceration beats DE easily now. If you're having trouble doing good numbers with Evisc., you're having trouble pulling out good numbers with DE as well, and should probably stick to a single hit WS... like Rudra's!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 04:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak for THFs, and it could be due to the nature of our gear giving us a ton of CHR that's otherwise pointless to us (the "ideal" CHR set for Waltzes adds like 50-60 HP cured, big deal), but Dancing Edge has more consistent results than Evisceration outside of Abyssea, at least for DNC. I tend to have higher spikes with DE, as well as a much lower floor. I'd say it looks something like this, but it's all from eyeballing.

0-----500-----1000-----1500-----2000-----2500
...........|,,,,,,,,,Evisceration,,,,,,,,,|
...................|,,,,,Dancing Edge,,,,,,,,,,|

The exception is, of course, for very high defense targets when no brd/cor are present, on which Evisceration starts to pull ahead because of the critical hits.

The more attack buffs I have, the better it seems to stick to Dancing Edge, even on high defense targets, however.
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-07-25 10:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is on complete trash mobs huh? I kinda have a hard time believing DE being better than evis even against EM stuff. Because although you do have a lot more chr than us, you also have a lot less attack. This would at the very least even the WSs out for dncs. Now yeah, as thf, i mostly see better numbers with evis on EM+.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-25 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra's Loves DEX, the more the merrier.

I generally use GH/RR/Apoc.

If you want to epeen your RS use Omnipotent/RR/Stout.
This will give you the high numbers but will degrade your overall performance,
I have tried making a 16% haste build around Omni, utilizing nusku's and APC DW body but it just can't compare.
By BorealisV2 2011-07-25 13:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you'd see higher numbers with Omnipotent/RR/SS
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-25 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Pretty sure you'd see higher numbers with Omnipotent/RR/SS
Siren Shadow? Smoldering Sky? Sanguine Scythe? Shimmering Shell? Sundering Slash? Sell Sword? Shattering Star?
By BorealisV2 2011-07-25 13:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanguine Scythe.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-25 13:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk personally, I'd like having the 40STR 50ATT.
First Page 2