FFXIV - Xbox Controller Problem
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-07-12 03:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Guys, this is seriosuly starting to piss me off D:
Ive had FFXIV since it came out and this issue just wont go away, first off, here is my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
4GB DDR3 Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
GeForce 8800 GTX
Video RAM 2.5 GB
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0

And Im using an Xbox 360 Wired controller for PC (white)

After literally a minute of being engaged it switches to the second player. Ive tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers, tried everything except a new pad, I getthe feeling THAT wont make a differance as this pad wotrks perfectly fine for FFXI, help??
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-12 04:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

odd, my friend plays XIV without issue with his controller, so i doubt its a problem with xbox controllers in general.

are you getting the drivers from microsoft themselves? or from just plugging it in? cause getting the official ones usually fixes issues like this. other than that I'm not sure what would cause such a thing.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-07-12 05:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Plugged in at first, then un installed and used the disk it came with
By AquaRegia 2011-07-12 08:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the newest driver from MS website and it runs without problem. Now, the battle control is clunky at best, and there are alot action in mid fight that would actually switch your target. Make sure that target switch is really unexpected, rather than the way SE "designed". Also keep in mind that performing same action using kboard does not guarantee similar reaction as controller, just to add to the fun.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-07-12 08:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What OS do you use, i cant see a reason why it should cause such problems >.<
By Yves 2011-07-12 08:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the answer but your cord is shot. This happens pretty often (I've gone through about 4 controllers since launch.) Sometimes the disconnect is at the base of the controller, sometimes its a random spot on the cord.

Also, since you're using a first-party controller there is a driver out now for the chatpad - meaning you will have some nice convenience if you want to use it.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-07-12 09:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yves said:
Sorry for the answer but your cord is shot. This happens pretty often (I've gone through about 4 controllers since launch.) Sometimes the disconnect is at the base of the controller, sometimes its a random spot on the cord.

Also, since you're using a first-party controller there is a driver out now for the chatpad - meaning you will have some nice convenience if you want to use it.

If my chord was shot, why does it work fine on ffxi?
Any ideas >.< lol
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-07-12 09:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Further info, it will only *** up when i fight. Basically when im in battle the controller changes to player 2 and then will not work until i reset the game.
By Yves 2011-07-13 11:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh - hmmm. I seem to have overlooked the problem entirely. It doesn't work because you're a Manchester United fan.

Try being a Chelsea fan and it should clear up.

No, but seriously, I have no idea at this point.
By Ratatosk 2011-07-14 18:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

im using the 360 wired controller black and it works fine no issue but idh the official drivers i just plugged it in
By Xeonerable 2011-07-14 19:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Try removing the driver for it and downloading the one of the microsoft site? Basically reinstalling the driver.

You could always... *snicker* reinstall FFXIV and see if that does anything. (ya... that is a last option thing)

It is still kind of weird that it would do that on you while playing but works fine for anything else.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-14 19:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

/fanboy on

Get a PS3 controller, I have 0 issues with it

/fanboy off.
By deadfire 2011-07-14 23:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
/fanboy on