2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » elemental obis/twilight cape
elemental obis/twilight cape
First Page 2
By Benson 2011-07-01 09:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current nuking gear for inside abyss, mm/beyond/ultimate.

assuming /sch and using corrosponding storms/day, how would twilight cape and elemental obis compare to what am currently using? At what point do they become better/worse?
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-01 09:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget zodiac ring too and all 3 are superior if they are active over what u are using . Heres my build :

Pretty much best ur gonna get besides vivid+1 and +1 feet not that I ever use rdm personally.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-07-01 09:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Obi should always win. Not sure about the cape though. I recall wiki saying something about it not always procing on weather, or something along those lines.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-07-01 09:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Obi adds 10% for just the /sch weather. You get 10% more for it being the same day also, so that's 20%. Cape adds 5% on top of that so you're looking at a minimum of 15% more potency with those two alone. I would say that beats out INT+7 Hands down anyday. There is no breaking point (assuming no resist, yada yada).

Zodiac Ring only adds 3% (All of this is according to wiki) so you would have 18% after that. If there is a single weather effect in the zone that matches your weather (Ice Weather + Ice SCH Spell) will put you at double weather giving you 25% from the Obi to a total of 30%. If it's the same day you'll get 35%. With ring that's 33% and 38% respectively. So even with a single weather you're looking at a 25% increase per spell. The Obi's are just plane sexy. They also apply to Curing spells and Enfeebles. Anrin Obi in Dynamis is a must have <3
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-07-01 09:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

obi assures ur spell procs with weather/day bonus, thus limited to the cap or 25% (double weather and day are present) so technically speaking it isnt giving u a bonus just a proc

cape IS 5% to matching element NOT like an obi so it does not assure the proc of the bonus, when combined tho it is the best. If they can surpass the day/weather bonus cap i actually don't know aby has no weather outside of sch so never been in that situation.

ring is ONLY day bonus and like the cape it is a bonus(3%) and just like cape i dont know if they can surpass the weather/day bonus caps but the fact that it is only for the day limits its use greatly

long story short cape+ obi combo together are best if they are active, just be sure to keep an alternative for when weather drops mid cast or whatever
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-07-01 10:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Dont forget zodiac ring too and all 3 are superior if they are active over what u are using . Heres my build :

Pretty much best ur gonna get besides vivid+1 and +1 feet not that I ever use rdm personally.
Krsone do you use SpellCast hun and if so, I have a question <3
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 10:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Dont forget zodiac ring too and all 3 are superior if they are active over what u are using . Heres my build : Pretty much best ur gonna get besides vivid+1 and +1 feet not that I ever use rdm personally.
Strendu Ring!
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-01 10:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah of course always forget new pieces, I need sash too actually and hecates cape when twilight is inactive, using potentia atm. Will try do bit of testing when I get back on.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 10:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Twilight Cape would pretty much decimate all other options for the slots once activated even without weather (cures too if not capped potency)
The weather enhancements are a different cap from Cure Potency, so you can enhance it further.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 10:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Artemis is a solid piece OP and if you have the motivation to follow moon rotations you can swap for more damage as needed.
Artemis really isn't that Solid, considering there will be times when it's at +1 MAB. Any Moon Phase below +5 MAB you should be using Genesis Locket, and if that isn't available around +3ish, should be using Feud Pendant.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Twilight Cape would pretty much decimate all other options for the slots once activated even without weather (cures too if not capped potency)
The weather enhancements are a different cap from Cure Potency, so you can enhance it further.
You make it sound a bit like the healing feather. But are you certain this item breaks the 50% cure potency cap? * I was thinking purely using it weatherless just on lightday, my bad for vagueness

And yea, I'm positive. I have it in my spellcast for Lightsday on Abyssea and My Cure set has 50% Potency. There's a noticeable (15% :P) difference.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-07-01 10:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
You make it sound a bit like the healing feather. But are you certain this item breaks the 50% cure potency cap?

* I was thinking purely using it weatherless just on lightday, my bad for vagueness

Day Bonus is calculated seperately from Cure Potency. It has no relation to cure cap.

Like I said, wikipedia claims Obi can get a 35% Bonus when it's Day+Double Weather.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-01 10:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much crap to carry on rdm so I dont actually carry it, gets to a point debating 2 good pieces and one has to go, I do own one it is terribly cheap but I actually only use artemis for blu brew'd sanguine as its the only neck option really for sanguine during brew. Just me being totally honest, I could just say I carry it lol.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 10:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Too much crap to carry on rdm so I dont actually carry it, gets to a point debating 2 good pieces and one has to go, I do own one it is terribly cheap but I actually only use artemis for blu brew'd sanguine as its the only neck option really for sanguine during brew. Just me being totally honest, I could just say I carry it lol.
lol, if you have BLM, you should be using it to it's fullest.

Spellcast rule:
Code
<if advanced="%MoonPCT >35">
<action type="Var" when="Precast" cmd="set NukeNeck Artemis' Medal"/>
</if>
<else>
<action type="Var" when="Precast" cmd="set NukeNeck Feud Pendant"/>
</else>

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Benson 2011-07-01 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If i use the set i posted as base set, what would the buffactive cmd look like to get sc to equip the cape and corrosponding obi only when have storm on?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 11:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Artemis is a solid piece OP and if you have the motivation to follow moon rotations you can swap for more damage as needed.
Artemis really isn't that Solid, considering there will be times when it's at +1 MAB. Any Moon Phase below +5 MAB you should be using Genesis Locket, and if that isn't available around +3ish, should be using Feud Pendant.
See 43% of the time Artemis is above 5 MAB though. I'd say that's worth my time to swap in
Or you could just use spellcast and be better :P
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 11:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Benson said:
If i use the set i posted as base set, what would the buffactive cmd look like to get sc to equip the cape and corrosponding obi only when have storm on?
<if buffactive="Aurastorm">
<action type="equip" when="precast">
<back>Twilight Cape</back>
<waist>Korin Obi</waist>
</action>
</if>

In the grand scheme it would be:
Code
<if spell="Sto*|Water*|Aer*|Fir*|Bliz*|Thun*" notspell="Stoneskin">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="Fastcast" />
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Nuke" />
<if buffactive="Sandstorm|Rainstorm|Windstorm|Firestorm|Hailstorm|Thunderstorm|Voidstorm">
<action type="equip" when="midcast">
<waist>$%SpellElementObi</waist>
</action>
</if>
<action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="Idle" />

You'd use <var name="IceObi">Hyorin Obi</var> and all the others in your Variables.
By Benson 2011-07-01 11:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ah nice ty. one quick question, am sc noob, why did u single out notspell=stoneskin compared to any other buff/enf spell you wouldnt want back/obi for? or am i missing sumthing
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 11:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's specifically for Nukes, and when you put Sto*, it's going to equip that gear for anything starting with Sto, so Stoneskin would equip that gear, which we don't want. Any other spell doesn't have nuke prefixes, as far as I know.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-07-01 11:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone say Twilight Ra-...

Oh, I'm sorry. I read that wrong.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-07-01 11:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
So right now the new cure potency cap is 105%?

50% gear
40% cape/obi double weather/day
15% healing feather?

If you want to call it potency sure, but Obi is a weather bonus enhancement. Play with the Cure Calculator if you want to gain a better understanding of how things play out. It doesn't include Obi's like I was hoping but the Obi's work upon Day Bonus part.

ffxiclopedia said:
h = floor(((3*(MND + Healing Magic/5) + VIT) / x) + y) + Equipment bonus) + Day bonus + Weather bonus)

Equipment Bonus is where Cure Potency cap falls. Obi's fall under the Day bonus part. I would assume in this formula they are either 0 or 1. So the Obi during Lightsday (no weather) would be 1.1. Just a theory. That's not a direct increase by 10% but still an increase over the cap. I'm sure if a person were to break down the number on lightsday with the Obi you could really crack it out.

So basically you wouldn't get Cure Potency +105% but more out of each cure.

Note: This is just for Cures. Magic Damage is, of course, different.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 11:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
so as a blm/whm wouldnt that spellcast need for stona as well? and nah I like my manuel stuff aeronis but thanks : p
Ya, it would (But I never really play /WHM, ever actually). And now that I think of it, when you RDM/WHM there would be a whole lot of Notspells between the Enfeebs and the Na's.

Edit: Wait nvm lewl, I'm not thinking straight. You could just specify the spells, not counting Poison.
 Asura.Nalath
Server: Asura
user: Nalath
By Asura.Nalath 2011-07-01 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Benson said:
<if buffactive="Aurastorm">
<action type="equip" when="precast">
<waist>Korin Obi</waist>
</action>
</if>

In the grand scheme it would be:
Code
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="Fastcast" />
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Nuke" />
<if buffactive="Sandstorm|Rainstorm|Windstorm|Firestorm|Hailstorm|Thunderstorm|Voidstorm">
<action type="equip" when="midcast">
<waist>$%SpellElementObi</waist>
</action>
</if>
<action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="Idle" />

You'd use <var name="IceObi">Hyorin Obi</var> and all the others in your Variables.

Couldn't you just use
Code

<if skill="ElementalMagic">

Instead of
Code

?
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-01 12:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a few damage figures for now highlighting the uses for weather/day equipment pieces and when to use them :

Double ice weather on lightsday :

1743 blizz4 no latents active at all except sorc ring
2183 : obi
2214 : obi + twilight
2168 : obi + ring + twilight

Single ice weather on lightsday :

1924 : obi + twilight
1868 : obi + twilight + zodiac + af2 sorc tonban
1918 : obi + twilight + zodiac
1873 : obi + twilight + af2 sorc tonban
1948 : obi + twilight
1906 : obi + twilight + zodiac
1958 : obi + twilight
1918 : obi + twilight + zodiac

Probably slight level difference from hare to hare to account for the anomalies, already knew this but incase anyone else was wondering this would back the info which says ring isnt active on weather. Ill post some figures for day when it gets off darksday.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-01 12:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, ring doesnt help thats the point, most dmg for double weather youre gonna get is if youre only using obi and twilight, youll reduce your dmg swapping to zodiac too and further gimp it with af2 blm pants.
First Page 2