Question: Mob Elemental Weakness Vs. Day/weather

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Question: Mob elemental weakness vs. Day/weather
Question: Mob elemental weakness vs. Day/weather
 Cerberus.Caylene
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-06-29 08:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question:

Which produces a more desirable result (the mob dying faster), using an en- spell that gives extra damage for the element the mob is weak to, or utilizing the en- spell that gives the day/weather bonus?

Thanks! ^_^
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
Server: Phoenix
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-06-29 08:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Using an en spell the mob is weak to.... sence its weak to the element the resist rate of the en spell damage will be very low. Thus dealing more damage over time then if you use went with the day bouns.
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-06-29 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I initially believed- but then I'm seeing a lot of xml code that includes rules for en-spells, to check the weather first. (hence the question)

Do you know the math on that?
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
Server: Phoenix
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-06-29 10:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know much about the math... but based on the ff11 calculator using a base of 300 enhancing magic the damage only goes up by 2 if the en spell matches the weather (4 if weather and day match...6 if its 2x weather and day). Considering the fact that en spell damage when resisted does at least half of the damage it normaly does (this tends to happen quite a bit when I cast the spell if the mob isn't weak to it) your better off going for the elemental weakness of the monster if it has one.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-29 10:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree with Darkwiz on this, but things are situational. If it's something decent challenge or easy prey you should be safe going with the day element/weather match unless the mob outright resists that element.

The reason most people do this in their xmls is because they generally have capped skills and dont get resisted. So the added 2~6 dmg on the enspell helps. But watch it, you can change an enspell midfight if you see it resisting to whatever you want.
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-06-29 10:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok great. Thanks!!