Forum » FFXI » NMs » Alfard NM and KI
Alfard NM and KI
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-06-19 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to kill NM Alfard cause i realy want to get my hand on that Widowmaker, so my problem is I play solo alot or just me and my gf, so i plan on brewing him. In order to pop Alfard u need KI from Ningishzida, like i said i dont have much help so i plan on brewing this NM to just for the KI. My ? is if i dont get red proc what do u think my chances are of this KI dropping? (I have Cruor to waste but theres no reason to waste if its not possible)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-19 12:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a shout group and have all items but widowmaker go freelot...?

It's usually like 50% chance (prolly lower) to get ki, but then you need blue !! + TH to get widowmaker to drop...so if you're doing this the way you're talking, be prepared to use like 100 brews.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-19 12:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a very small chance to obtain any KI from an NM without Red proc. I'd say go WAR and your gf WHM or some sort of healer, bring all your weapon types and you may get lucky with Red proc.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-06-19 12:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm... The same chance as every KI has to drop without red. Random. I've gone 0/11 without red before, I've gone 7/7 without it.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-06-19 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My WAR is lacking skills atm just burned it to 90 im in the process of capping all weapon skills. If i do get a WAR a NIN and a Healer and i go on MNK is there a problem brewing on MNK? I just never see anyone do it
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-19 12:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

with a war + mnk + nin + whm you could probably just kill it...no? (I never did this NM before so I have no frame of reference, but most NMs can be duoed by whm + mnk....)
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-19 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Position yourself so it only does serpentine tail for both nms, job done. Yes duoable.
 Ramuh.Deijixfx
Server: Ramuh
user: Deijixfx
By Ramuh.Deijixfx 2011-06-19 13:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you could always pop the lesser the KI NM attempt to red stagger, if you don't get the stagger wipe and pop a new one and repeat, save wasting a brew.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-19 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Deijixfx said:
you could always pop the lesser the KI NM attempt to red stagger.

Read that again and again five times still cant work it out :< And as for wiping to let it depop and popping a new one for the sake of a brew, this isnt the sort of nm you would do this with. Its like 150k per pop in items for ning, then Alfard is the cost of ning + red proc.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-06-26 12:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a shout group for the body seals from Ningishzida. You could probably use the same people from that group to pop Alfard. I'm sure people would probably be up for helping you with Alfard after you helped with the body seal NM.