Bard DD Set

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Bard DD set
Bard DD set
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Offline
Posts: 36
By Brink 2011-06-15 16:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So what's everyone's bard DD set? I've been playing bard for a while but i've never seriously reseached it. So what is everyone's DD set for bard ! Are any of the ToM daggers worth doing for bard dd (minus Emp Dagger)
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
Posts: 4108
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-15 16:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Why does everyone insist on making a DD set for jobs that clearly aren't meant to DD? Honest question, not bashing anyone, just curious.

I mean, sure, for fun, to do something different, but I wouldnt add +10-16 extra pieces of gear in my inventory for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
Posts: 8236
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-15 16:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Get back to the back line and sing me some songs you spoony bard, leave the DD to the BLU's.
[+]
 Bahamut.Echojin
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: echojin
Posts: 158
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-06-15 16:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Why does everyone insist on making a DD set for jobs that clearly aren't meant to DD? Honest question, not bashing anyone, just curious.

I mean, sure, for fun, to do something different, but I wouldnt add +10-16 extra pieces of gear in my inventory for it.

First of all, why is BRD clearly not meant to DD? Why does SE give them things like Mordant Rime which can do 600-1k easily outside Aby if they dont want us to melee occasionally? Back in the day of bird parties, melee brd was the ***! Second of all, /sack & /satchel say hello for extra gear.

To answer Brink's question, I made parizonium +2 2-4x attack dagger for my brd as an offhand dagger. I was in the process of making the dex magian dagger for mainhand when Shinyru stuff was released, so I just have been using twilight dagger for mainhand.

Surprisingly, brd is a REALLY easy job to get 26% haste on as well. I am currently trying to figure out where to lose some haste. Walahra turban (5), goli body (4), dusk gloves (3), bullwhip belt (7), byakkos (5), dusk feet (3) angel lyre (2) also use acc ring/rajas, brutal/aesir combo for earring & rings.

Mordant Rime is actually a really useful WS if you dont already have it, and is a CHR mod (easy to get gear for). Otherwise you should look into getting evisceration and making a build for it inside aby!

Have fun!
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
Posts: 4108
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-15 16:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Get back to the back line and sing me some songs you spoony bard, leave the DD to the BLU's.


Makes sense when explained that way. Thanks!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
Posts: 654
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-06-15 16:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
TP


I honestly don't know if this is the best... but it's the best I could think of.

WS


Obviously there is some better stuff like +1 Heca and stuff but meh.
 Bismarck.Altar
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
Posts: 1676
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-06-15 16:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Don't you lose tp when you switch instruments?
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
Posts: 654
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-06-15 16:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
No.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
Posts: 8236
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-15 16:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've never played a DD bard but how don't you lose tp when swapping the ranged slot? You don't lose tp from swapping ammo but you do with ranged on other jobs.
 Bismarck.Altar
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
Posts: 1676
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-06-15 16:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just tested brd/sam with meditate
You don't lose tp when you switch instruments. That's interesting. Weird, but interesting.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
Posts: 654
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-06-15 16:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
In my opinion it would be to much of a penalty to a job that doesn't need one when it comes to DD/buffing. o_o
 Leviathan.Draylo
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
Posts: 8236
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-15 16:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Altar said:
Just tested brd/sam with meditate
You don't lose tp when you switch instruments. That's interesting. Weird, but interesting.

I guess that would be music to a DD bards ears.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
Posts: 683
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-15 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
TP


I honestly don't know if this is the best... but it's the best I could think of.

WS


Obviously there is some better stuff like +1 Heca and stuff but meh.

Alternatively, you can use this for TP:



Would still be at 27% haste.

Ignore the daggers, since that's subjective.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
Posts: 654
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-06-15 16:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Oh yeah I haven't taken the new gear into account when thinking of good TP/WS gear for BRD. Thanks for the pointer.
 Bahamut.Echojin
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: echojin
Posts: 158
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-06-15 16:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:


Alternatively, you can use this for TP:



Would still be at 27% haste.

Ignore the daggers, since that's subjective.

^ This is ideal TP set for what bard has to work with at the moment. Only thing you could do better on is Moonshade earring with +att & regain
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
Posts: 683
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-15 16:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Brutal and Suppa would be better unless you mean for when not subbing NIN or DNC.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 312
By Creecreelo 2011-06-16 04:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Echojin said:
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:


Alternatively, you can use this for TP:



Would still be at 27% haste.

Ignore the daggers, since that's subjective.

^ This is ideal TP set for what bard has to work with at the moment. Only thing you could do better on is Moonshade earring with +att & regain

I think Ideal would include the N. Sash instead of Bullwhip :P

Personally, I'd trade the Bullwhip/Calmecac for Goading/Byakko's. Somethin bout those negative stats just... irks me. >.<
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 04:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've never played a DD bard but how don't you lose tp when swapping the ranged slot? You don't lose tp from swapping ammo but you do with ranged on other jobs.

You don't, it only works with instruments though.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 04:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm just about starting to build a DD set for my BRD, but skilling up dagger is a nightmare.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 04:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It's also pretty easy to hit -50% songcast without Atma now too if you have AF3+2 head, Sha'ir and a minstrel's ring.

Only problem is you may need to use a Felibre's Dague to do it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ukiyasan
Posts: 401
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2011-06-16 04:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:


Alternatively, you can use this for TP:



Would still be at 27% haste.

Ignore the daggers, since that's subjective.

Well, this would be the ideal set yes... but I personally would use Byakko's over the other legs so I can use NQ dusk and still hit cap. At least because its much cheaper.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
Posts: 1838
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-21 03:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Alternatively, you can use this for TP:



Would still be at 27% haste.

Ignore the daggers, since that's subjective.

Wouldn't Wivre Gorget with Crit Rate+2 be better?
 Ramuh.Austar
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
Posts: 9242
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 04:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
ACP body with Dual Wield would beat relic as well.
Offline
Posts: 74
By funstealer 2011-07-19 00:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
at least be serious you know ur subbing whm so why even make sets for /nin sure its fun to go mess around with a DD set but ur still there to do ur job if need be
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1759
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-19 01:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
funstealer said:
at least be serious you know ur subbing whm so why even make sets for /nin sure its fun to go mess around with a DD set but ur still there to do ur job if need be

Because with a competent WHM /whm isn't even necessary.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 190
By Ariaum 2011-07-19 01:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sub dnc. Problem solved + haste samba. Seems better all around if you where going to melee anyway. Stuns sambas songs waltz.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
Posts: 1285
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-07-19 01:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's also pretty easy to hit -50% songcast without Atma now too if you have AF3+2 head, Sha'ir and a minstrel's ring.

Only problem is you may need to use a Felibre's Dague to do it.
Song cast time reduction is well beyond 50% now, as well as all forms of fast cast. Pretty sure it was tested to be a 80% cap on all forms of fast cast now, not sure if that was confirmed though.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1759
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-19 01:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's also pretty easy to hit -50% songcast without Atma now too if you have AF3+2 head, Sha'ir and a minstrel's ring.

Only problem is you may need to use a Felibre's Dague to do it.
Song cast time reduction is well beyond 50% now, as well as all forms of fast cast. Pretty sure it was tested to be a 80% cap on all forms of fast cast now, not sure if that was confirmed though.

Ah makes sense. I noticed the cap being higher.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Apoptygma
Posts: 163
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-19 01:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I always thought Brd/Dnc was fun in a party.
 Shiva.Msthief
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Msthief
Posts: 513
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-19 02:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'll poke my head in here, but address the original OP. My main is ninja, but my guilty pleasure is DD bard. Not the best, but something to shoot for if you want to. Averages 2500-3500 on la theine worms with RCB, spiked to 4k once in a few hours; GH RR Apoc & Min5 March.

Heca head +1: Atk +8, Dbl Attack +2
Heca hands +1: Acc +5, Crit hit dmg +3
Heca feet +1: Str +3, Atk +5
Byakko's haidate: Agi +5, Crit hit dmg +3, Store TP +5
Kirin's Osode: Eva +6, Dual Wield +2, Crit rate +2





Neptunal legs are just stupid to get ahold of now, so don't even bother.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Log in to post.