Rudra's Storm help
First Page 2
 Sylph.Lahriel
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-06-14 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to improve my overall dmg with Rudra's Storm, would anyone be kind as to provide assistance.

Outside Abyssea - Food - Red curry buns averages me 2.5k dmg

Inside Abyssea (NMs) - Red Curry / Yellow Curry buns (+1) averages me about 4.5k
ATMAS: Omni, RR, Apoc

Sylph.Abigor
user: Abigor
By Sylph.Abigor 2011-06-14 12:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What Level is your Twatsmasher?
 Sylph.Aragonas
user: Aragonas
By Sylph.Aragonas 2011-06-14 12:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

overall good setup. only thing i would change is delta earring for Aesir Ear pendant
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-14 13:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

thew bomblet?, but i think usually raider's boomerang is in there
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-14 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 suggestions. 1) Thunder Sachet in the ranged slot for extra dex, or a thew bomblet, as the ungur is doing nothing for dmg, and in all honesty if you go to a full evade set with like GH atma, you won't need that 8 on the boomerang slot (most thfs I see rock the raiders boomerang mostly..but here we're talking strictly something to help your dmg here....)
2) This may sound insane....but trial up a Fusetto+2 TP Bonus+100 dagger... It DOES work off-hand and will greatly increase rudra's dmg (There was a thread about it here on this forum and I think it was called "Fusetto+2 TP Bonus (or offhand)" something like that.. interesting read for a thf with Twash..
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-14 13:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, assuming it's all SAWS:
* Hecatomb Subligar +1 for the legs if you can. HQ is Tier 1, so it isn't as impressive as it sounds. You can augment it with up to Crit Rate +6% and 6 Acc.
* Probably Epona's Ring unless you're *** Charging it.
* Cuchulain's belt, probably.
* Love Torque, probably
* Something other than Delta Earring. Probably Jupiter's Pearl.
* Why are you using Ungur? Doesn't matter for this, but why not Raider's?

Feet and Body I can't really comment on, as I'm a Dancer.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-06-14 13:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People also seem to be forgeting crit hit dmg. Qirmiz tathlum gives you a nice 5% boost. Anwig Salade with DEX+4 AGI+4 crit hti dmg+2% and ws dmg+2% will be much better than aias in abyssea.

For all other upgrades listen to the above person. Hecta feet+1 with augs will outdue your current shoes is only other addition.
 Sylph.Lahriel
user: Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2011-06-14 13:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well personally just have the Ungur cause I have been too lazy to get the Raider's but had planned to make the following changes was just looking for additional insight:

Sylph.Aragonas said:
overall good setup. only thing i would change is delta earring for Aesir Ear pendant
I have tested this earring out for some reason I am getting worst numbers overall than the Delta.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
1) Thunder Sachet in the ranged slot for extra dex, or a thew bomblet, as the ungur is doing nothing for dmg

2) This may sound insane....but trial up a Fusetto+2 TP Bonus+100 dagger... It DOES work off-hand and will greatly increase rudra's dmg (There was a thread about it here on this forum and I think it was called "Fusetto+2 TP Bonus (or offhand)" something like that.. interesting read for a thf with Twash..

I am unsure if I have a Thunder Satchel, I have many and can swap to this until I get a Demonry Core, as far as the dagger, but a THF who has been claiming that they get 8k WSs on NMs he explained that the "Triple Attack" from the Apoc, Dagger & "Assassins Charge" supposedly increase the damage from the first strike which increases overall damage (still testing this personally)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-14 13:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason Bomb Core hasn't been mentioned? fSTR is quite possibly capped which would mean the STR on Thew is only adding attack and I'm fairly sure it's better than Thunder Satchet. Could see Demonry Core being #1 though.
By Sambb 2011-06-15 02:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

my set up is fairly similar I use culch belt over the ws belt, thunderpearl (need to get jupiter) I use the dex pants from the aby konschat t3 nm matre braz something something.... has 10+dex on them until i get heca +1 legs. I am 5 scales off my 85 twash so im gona enjoy testing it soon :D

If you dont have those legs i mentioned use tumblers until heca, since you have to force crit rudras, 18+? att over the 2dex on raiders from tumbler trunks is probably better for you.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-15 02:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of people recommending some piece of ammo. Don't you lose tp when you change FROM an ammo piece to a ranged piece (but not visa-versa)? Therefore your overall DOT is better when just using the thf JSE boomerang.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-15 03:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lahriel said:
Well personally just have the Ungur cause I have been too lazy to get the Raider's but had planned to make the following changes was just looking for additional insight:
Raider's boomerang is EXTREMELY easy to get. You could duo Kutharei with a mediocre WHM. Seeing as you put in the huge time and effort to make a Twashtar, the boomerang should be no problem for you. It is easily the best piece you can use full-time for DPS.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-15 03:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
I see a lot of people recommending some piece of ammo. Don't you lose tp when you change FROM an ammo piece to a ranged piece (but not visa-versa)? Therefore your overall DOT is better when just using the thf JSE boomerang.
I don't think anyone was suggesting the swapping between Ranged and Ammo pieces because well... that would just be plain stupid. It can also depend on your Attack speed situation as well, varying between using the DW Boomerang and the ammo pieces.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-06-15 04:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, either switching from ranged to ammo or ammo to ranged... one of those won't make you lose TP.. I don't remember...

Obviously the other one would make you lose TP, so you'd be losing the TP from the WS itself if you do indeed try switching ranged<->ammo for tp/ws.

If you're considering DEX+ on ranged try Lightning Bow +1 or Light Boomerang. This way you don't lose the ability to pull.

Although, for ranged/ammo it's usually up to your play style.

I like to pull, so I always have either bow/crossbow or raider's boomerang.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-15 04:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged -> Ammo doesn't reset TP; Ammo -> Ranged would
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-15 04:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You could TP in raider's and WS in ammo, but the lost TP from switching back to raider's makes it silly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-06-16 00:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
You could TP in raider's and WS in ammo, but the lost TP from switching back to raider's makes it silly.

^ This. Just use Raider's and save any gil that would be spent on an ammo for WS.
By Cycerath 2011-07-07 05:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to ask if your tanking or just running in to TP. if that's the case are you subbing sam to gain tp? seeing the big numbers seems to be what people are all about when it comes to rudra's storm and they don't see the bigger picture.

for tanking or DDing (and when DDing i'm almost always putting out enough damage to hold hate) i use GH, RR and Apoco. This allows me to double up on TA and SA, gives me more DoT and the agi ain't bad for tanking (and agi translates to subtle blow too). i average anywhere from 2.5k to 5.4k damage, depending on triple attack/double attack procs. my tp gain is incredible as is, so i save to 300% for my first WS to get lvl 3 aftermath and then i can switch between TA and SAing rudra's storm at 100% when the timers are up. I tryed omnipotent for a while, but since then i only use for skilling up on 2h weapons for other jobs, because i noticed slower kills since your main source of damage comes from SA + Rudra's storm and not so much TA + RS.

my build is directed more towards attack rather then DEX, the main things that i'd change out would be for tumbler trunks (until you can get hecatomb subligar) and Rager Ledelsens, and the belt to a Cuchulain's belt, i'm wanting Kubira bead necklace but haven't found a group to do Einj. until then i use Agasaya's collar. since i've heard people repeating and repeating over and over again, that the gorget and belts are really only good for single hit WSs since it only modifys the first hit and has no effect on the hits after that, so your losing out on some damage there.

try it out if you can, i'm very happy with my build atm, it's very well rounded and ***dies fast, and if your good enough you can TA someone get to the other side of them, disengage, SA, mob turns to person you TA, then you engage and SA. this is how i SA mobs that don't fight you from behind like amarok/orthrus does.
 Odin.Syllna
Server: Odin
user: Syllna
By Odin.Syllna 2011-07-07 12:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cycerath said:
since i've heard people repeating and repeating over and over again, that the gorget and belts are really only good for single hit WSs since it only modifys the first hit and has no effect on the hits after that, so your losing out on some damage there.

Lolwut? Belts and Gorgets effect all hits, who are you listening to that says its only the first hit?
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-07 23:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

the best thing you can do is stack as much Dex as possible.
both Rudras & SA will benefit the most from it.
i recommend love torque/k.bead/shifting necklace, 3+ dex earrings, cuch belt. thundersoul>rajas as well.

Rudras loves DEX.
Evisceration loves Att.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-07 23:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Syllna said:
Cycerath said:
since i've heard people repeating and repeating over and over again, that the gorget and belts are really only good for single hit WSs since it only modifys the first hit and has no effect on the hits after that, so your losing out on some damage there.

Lolwut? Belts and Gorgets effect all hits, who are you listening to that says its only the first hit?
Acc affects all hits, but the fTP bonus is first hit only.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Bloodpool
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Bloodpool
By Quetzalcoatl.Bloodpool 2011-08-15 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious to know if anybody has found a perfect Rudra's set yet?
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-08-15 13:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

what i use:

in dyna xarc, I average about 2.5k, spike as high as 3.7 if I sata. Have spiked rudras as high as some ukons on occasion on orthrus.

red curry always. In aby mostly use RR, SS, Apoc.
By Pooman 2011-08-15 13:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an HQ Orthrus!?
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-08-15 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ment hq cerb lol, then remembered the fkers name
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-15 15:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill take a crack at it.

1st-The qualifications:
*For SA+Rudras (TA Rudra would be a little different)
*Uncapped Fstr (so prob not abyssea. Some things would change if you assume fstr cap)

Augments:
Heca cap with atk+10 and DA+(not sure what DA cap is. Ive seen 4)
Heca Sub: Augments irrelivant. Acc be the only one that would do anything. (Crit rate wont help rudra)
Heca Feet: Str5, atk6 (i think those are the caps for those augments)

Torn on Rajas vs thundersoul. The WS itself is almost exactly 1dex=2str. So -2dex on thundersoul>rajas needs 4str to compensate. Rajas has 5 AND that gives 2.5 atk so it wins hands down, but if you toss in SA, 1dex=4str for that, then theres the 20% bonus from AF3 hands+2. (TA Rudra or solo rudra rajas wins every time unless Fstr is capped)

So 2 dex adds:
SA=2.4 base damage (2-3)
Rudra=1base damage*FTP. Using 200ftp(Fussetto)4.25 or 300tp 5.25.
Offhand=1base damage.

So WS between 100tp(200fusetto) and 200TP(300 fusetto), 2dex gives min/max of:
100tp(200): 7.25-7.65 base damage
200tp(300): 8.25-8.65

So how much str does it take to beat that? Unfortuantely, Fstr only gets counted once when stacked (only in WS, not on SA when stacked) unlike dex. So it has a more uphill battle. 4str=1base*FTP and +1 for offhand hit.
4str adds:
100tp(200):5.25 base damage
200tp(300):6.25 base damage

So to cut this down to 1str/dex:
1dex:
100tp(200): 3.625-3.825 base damage
200tp(300): 4.125-4.325
1str:
100tp(200):1.3125 base damage
200tp(300):1.5625 base damage

At 100tp: 1dex=2.76-2.91str
At 200tp: 1dex=2.64-2.77str

Rajas/Thundersoul=5str vs 2dex so its a
1dex=2.5str

Caveats:
*Close calls go to str from the added atk.
*Individual results will vary based on rounding of 3 factors: Fstr rounding 5str=1.25 fstr 'usually'. rounds to 1 or 2. 2dex on SA. AF3+2 gives 20% dex bonus =2.4. Rounds to 2 or 3. WSC will take that 2 dex and make it 0 or 1.
*Each additional hit (DA or TA proc) faavors str more. without SA, 2dex=4str so 5str rajas gets more from more hits.

The setup i proposed is based on the avg, not the exact which is determined by mob vit, your exact str, and your exact dex.

So worst case scenario, your at 100(+100) TP and your 2dex rounds down on both SA and WSC for a whopping total of +2 base damage on SA, 0 on WS (VERY rare). Str is guranteed +1Fstr for a minimum of 4.25+1 damage. Max for dex is 3damage on SA, 4.25+1 on WS at 100+100tp for a total 8.25. Max str bonus would be 2fstr so 8.25(25% chance of this)

Anyway, long story short, Rajas is VERY close to thundersoul which would let the 2-3 atk from the 5str push it up to the level of "it dont make a lick of difference". If you would like to figure out your EXACT dex numbers for WSC and SA to see if that 2dex is getting favorable or unfavorable rounding, be my guest, but its not really worth it to me.

Also note that TA+Rudra removes the 2-3 bonus from the 2dex on SA and thus looses every time to 5str.
*TA+Rudra: Raja>Thundersoul
*SA+Rudra: VERY close. Rajas almost matches without AF3+2 SA Dex bonus. 2-3atk will make up the gap (result subject to rounding)
*SA+Rudra+AF3 hands: Thundersoul edges out rajas by a small margin *IF and ONLY IF your dex rounds favorably on BOTH SA bonus and WSC.
*Capped Fstr: Rajas looses.

I stick with rajas because it covers all my bases. If i wanted to be over the top, i could figure out if a 2nd thundersoul would be good or bad dex rounding for my specific gear, but inventory-1, -550k gil, and the extra macros of a separate WS gearset for SARudra, Solo Rudra and TA rudra=to much hassle to 'sometimes' see 10 more damage on SA+Rudras.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kadia
Server: Cerberus
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-08-26 02:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

im about to get my twashtar here in a week or so. looking to go with this. thoughts?

fusetto +2 would be the TP bonus or triplus in offhand
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Server: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-08-26 02:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kadia said: »
im about to get my twashtar here in a week or so. looking to go with this. thoughts?

fusetto +2 would be the TP bonus or triplus in offhand

virtually same as mine and ive done all i can for now
-upgrade tumbler to heca+1 if you can (i still need to D:)
-lithe boots may be best ft for dex but unsure vs heca+1 or other options
-in regards to waist, cuchu belt > abyss belts since RS relies DEX>att
-in regards to neck, love torque > sea gorget since RS relies DEX>att
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Server: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-08-26 02:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said: »
the best thing you can do is stack as much Dex as possible.
both Rudras & SA will benefit the most from it.
i recommend love torque/k.bead/shifting necklace, 3+ dex earrings, cuch belt. thundersoul>rajas as well.

Rudras loves DEX.
Evisceration loves Att.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-26 09:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unstacked rudras likes atk too. Without the Pdif bonus from a crit (for thf also means dex/agi get even more luv from SATA being used) then yea dex all the way. Unstacked you loose the 'free' atk and the extra dex/agi damage from SA. It ends up more like fudo or kaiten. Just a big 1 hit WS with high mod. You still need atk when unstacked pretty bad.
First Page 2