Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Mujin Band
Mujin Band
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 22:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I'm currently on break from XI, while I rebuild my comp, but I'm on the ffxiah site trying to research some stuff, to get myself back in the swing of things for when I return.... I come accross this little baby, and it looks kinda juicy.... I don't quite have Fudo, but I can see the damage potential here with double light SCs... Thoughts? Concerns? What is the actual +% dmg on SC Bonus JT? Worth using in place of 1 STR ring?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-06-08 22:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's reported to be:
Skillchain Bonus +5
Magic Burst Damage +5%

I'm going to say it's not better than str rings for sam but I haven't got to test the math with one yet so this is all from others reporting.

Edit.

Some tests done by Byrthnoth:

Evisceration 1453 -> 1961 Darkness = 1.35 modifier with DNC AF3+2 hands, so 20+10+5

Blizzard II 443 -> 639 MB without the ring (+44% damage)
Blizzard II 443 -> 668 MB with the ring (+51% damage)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 22:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well if a T3 SC can basically match (or do more than) your WS closing said SC, how is 5% dmg not gonna beat 7 STR? (if of course, it goes unresisted)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 22:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And I appreciate the % bonus info on the ring itself ^^
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-06-08 22:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
And I appreciate the % bonus info on the ring itself ^^
Np. Honestly I haven't done any math on this so it could be better than str rings. It was more of a first glance thing. I'll look at it later it's getting late. xD
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 22:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Right on hehe. I appreciate it... I'm just looking at this from sheer dmg potential on closing WS only (obviously) but thats what sam is best at... Getting those SCs to go off. Could be good ^^
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-09 07:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Dancer, I obviously have investments in Skillchains too. The biggest problem I've found with this ring is that I can't figure out a way to macro it reliably. In situations where it's the best, it's the best. I'm self-Darking. No other ring even really adds +2.5% WS damage, especially in Abyssea.

I'm basically hanging on to it until I go out and try some skillchain zerging (where it would be the be-all end-all of rings) to see how well it works.