Who Is Your Least Favorite NM To Fight?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Who is your least favorite NM to fight?
Who is your least favorite NM to fight?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-06-30 05:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
CC due to stingy *** with single lanterns can go to hell. Carabosse due to her ANNOYING HABIT OF SPAMMING THAT FULL DISPEL TP MOVE EVEN WHEN I REMOVE HER REGAIN EFFECT.

CC here to for charming me when the *** has 2% HP left so i end up chasing the WHM and murdering them.

Carabosse for every time a group wipes and i take her she starts with Aeroga III / Stun / Silence or Aero V
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-06-30 05:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:

CC here to for charming me when the *** has 2% HP left so i end up chasing the WHM and murdering them.
Maybe your WHM should stop healing in Dusk or you should stop tanking in movement speed+.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-06-30 06:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally, I used to solo BLM NW apollyon, which would mean Kaiser Behemoth is a *** joke, but last night I decided to try SAM + WHM 2 box.

I'm gonna have to say straight tanking Kaiser Behemoth 2 box is a huge pain in the ***, even with good mdt and pdt sets :/ (only ran whm out of meteor range).
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-06-30 06:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

Maybe your WHM should stop healing in Dusk or you should stop tanking in movement speed+.

1: The WHM isnt using dusk....
2: I dont tank in movement speed

3: If you've ever fought this NM you will know that when charmed you can walk thro the bridge/walls and up the cliffs where as the player running cant, so you will always land some hits in unless they have moment+ or are extreamly alert
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-30 06:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Projekt said:
At the moment, I'm gonna say Ulhuadshi. Just because Psyche Drain spam is annoying at lower %, and I gotta watch my Ukon do like 20-50 damage a swing while dual boxing a friends Galka Whm. Makes the fight last longer than 2 minutes and the Galka can just barely keep up MP wise.

Also, the 50 people camping Amun, make spamming Ulhuadshi's a pain.

God. One fight he used Psyche Drain like, 10 times. Longest fight ever. Can't do damage while the f--king drain is going on. Not hard, just annoying as hell.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-06-30 06:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

3: If you've ever fought this NM you will know that when charmed you can walk thro the bridge/walls and up the cliffs where as the player running cant, so you will always land some hits in unless they have moment+ or are extreamly alert
If you know how to kite you don't get hit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-30 06:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

If you know how to kite you don't get hit.

Where the fun in not getting hit?! >=| Charm is the best status in the game!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-06-30 07:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever been charmed by CC, I just dislike him from the sheer amount of damn times I've killed him. Gets boring.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2011-06-30 07:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sozu Rogberry ... 18hrs a day, with at least 3+ chinese RMT in that friggin small room ... all day, every second, every minute. Then when u claim, said RMT grow smart and block ur path when u wanna run from Throat Stab and ***like that ... not hitting Bloody Bolts, *** ups with tonberry hate reset etc ...
For me, deffo Sozu Rogberry anno 2006 -_-
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-06-30 07:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like giants, cause its annoying as hell getting lights on them, unless your group decides to kite at the start
 Shiva.Eldarias
Server: Shiva
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Eldarias 2011-06-30 07:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Amphitrite probably
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-30 07:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eldarias said:
Amphitrite probably

I've been anxious to try to tank Amphit drk/mnk using Twilight Scythe, since it does damage regardless of what mode he's in. Only concern I have is a serious one, since counters aren't subject to different weapon types, I'm wondering if it will do damage or heal him in magic mode. It's probably fine, being more akin to formless strikes than weapon type, but still.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-06-30 08:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

drop rates aside:

i would have to say bhukis. Doom petri hp down para AND cruro dispels. topped off with pretty decent chunk of hp its the most annoying NM to kill, 95% of the time i need to rebuff cruor buffs

clsoe second if not tied would be caraboss..not sure she is missing an enfeeble..dispels to amnesia has it all on top of 50% dmg reduction..oh and a tp spamming ***, only reason its not 1st i would say is cuz it is possible to kill b4 bene and its hard for it to one shot (tho she can come close with a well timed dispel + unres tornado 2)

odin/glav for 3rd due to ppl who suck can make those fights a real facepalm (such as someone saying odin 2hred and the alliance *** runs in and wipes to 2hr lol...or when someone recoveres 10k+ to glav)..then again thats mostly due to ppl so big gap from 2nd place~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 08:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Amphitrite probably

I've been anxious to try to tank Amphit drk/mnk using Twilight Scythe, since it does damage regardless of what mode he's in. Only concern I have is a serious one, since counters aren't subject to different weapon types, I'm wondering if it will do damage or heal him in magic mode. It's probably fine, being more akin to formless strikes than weapon type, but still.

In regards to Counter from a MNK when it comes to forms of dmg usually deal DMG in it's true form.

ie - When fighting with Vampiric Claws/Bird banes the counter dmg from those is considered blunt even though the weapon type is considered as Slashing/Piercing respectively.

I can't say for sure as to which type of DMG you counter will count as (Twilight Scythe hidden effect or normal scythe) I can tell you that much.

NMs I hate: Morbolgler pre Windower, I never saw him for years and it was always super camped post-maint. I got him by always checking the zone for people and sending them tells. One MNK camped 20 hours straight and fell asleep only to have it pop the hour after he passed out. He told me the ToD. Two days later I got my Brown Belt.

Shikigami Weapon - Curse you invisible fleeing monster!
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-06-30 08:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tie between Ulhuadshi and Glavoid... hate those goddam worms.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-30 08:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Amphitrite probably

In regards to Counter from a MNK when it comes to forms of dmg usually deal DMG in it's true form.

ie - When fighting with Vampiric Claws/Bird banes the counter dmg from those is considered blunt even though the weapon type is considered as Slashing/Piercing respectively.

I can't say for sure as to which type of DMG you counter will count as (Twilight Scythe hidden effect or normal scythe) I can tell you that much.

I know as much, but from trying to remember myself tanking Amphit on mnk, I think when I put on formless strikes during magic mode, even counters did damage.
 Kujata.Flameblade
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Flameblade 2011-06-30 09:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Brooder cause ive gone 0/30 on the boots with no blue proc and 0/15 with it. this nm is the biggest pain in the *** ever. Second would have to be Nahn, fishing him/her up is horrible, have spent hours on many occasions and no luck. Third would probably be Turul... he just suxxx
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-30 09:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many variables...

In the past, Cerberus with no Bard. Giant pain in the *** as NIN/DRK.

Now though... That's hard really. I guess maybe Sobek, because he's just so unpredictable. One fight he can be lol, the next he can Tyrant Tusk you at 95%Hp and kill you.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-30 09:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that absorbs damage during some form of ability/casting or another.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-06-30 09:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Amphitrite probably

I know as much, but from trying to remember myself tanking Amphit on mnk, I think when I put on formless strikes during magic mode, even counters did damage.

we always have a DRK on him, has to put away his pretty caladbolg for twilight scythe, makes the thing go so quick tho

he always /war tho for raiden thrust with halloween stick

idk i tanked him all the time on MNK with smite and during magic mode formless strikes countered for physical dmg iirc, been tanking as NIN since i finshed kannagi

i hate all the NMs that steal atma/crour buffs >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Natashaa 2011-06-30 09:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Glavoid. I lothe him. Im just sick of looking at him mostly, probably spent 1/3 of my abyssea experiance killing the big stupid worm. Not that he's hard, he isnt, just the fact that hes an annoying mob to have to kill over and over for emp ***.
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-06-30 10:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see...

Iratham. Hated this MFer aggroing at 2:30 in the morning as we were dead exhausted grinding out Chloris/Pachymodiums. I've wasted three brews on him. Out of spite.

Glavoid. The instant you don't turn fast enough for his TP move, is the instant triple attack, Tantra+2's set bonus and critical hits fire off on all cylinders. If I announce to the party "I'm sitting this one out" - that's when he a stun is missed and Disgorge one-shots the other tank, forcing me to fight this giant piece of ***. Done with him for now, but two more people in LS want to do a Ukon. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Ulhuadshi. Fought him about 60-65 times now (two Emps worth). And I really just hate all of his TP moves. He's not hard, but man, Psyche Suction just pisses me off. The worst part about this fight is the congestion of the area and other groups fighting directly on top of you.

Ironclad Smiter: He's not as bad as the others, but what a cocktease. I just got my Verethragna upgraded to 85, and the fight seems to go like this: He goes into blunt weak mode, then stuns me, then gives me amnesia, then stuns me, then gives me amnesia again... meanwhile, I'm just desperately mashing my Victory Smite macro to no avail. Finally, I see "Francisco readies Victory Smite", only to be pre-empted by that TP move that strips all gear, including weapon.

Tunga: Not so bad if you intend on killing him... but I hate him for the same reason I hate Iratham. He keeps showing up and preventing really good pulls on Murrian Chigoes. And then people start trying to MPK with him.
[+]
 Odin.Dezaar
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-06-30 10:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Tunga
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-06-30 10:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SkadooshFenrir said:
Gukumatz has to be on the top of my list, due to the sea of invisibles camping it around the clock. As for annoying, Tunga or Amphitrite can rot in hell.

Seriously, don't even bother with him. Peiste skins are incredibly common in gold pyxis. By the time I had finished almace(85), I think we got maybe 2 or 3 guku kills for skins, and that's only because he was up and unclaimed when we were popping sobeks. My LS would typically get around 10 skins in 2 hours from pyxis, which is faster than you could get from guku if you were lucky enough to claim him every single time.
 Leviathan.Krush
Server: Leviathan
user: Doc2love
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-06-30 10:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:

This f'ing bug.

Oh yes we meet again little bug >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-30 10:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the iron giant in altepa.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2011-06-30 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Deelgeed.

All i have to say is, *** him and his stupid enpetrify and hate reset ***.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-30 10:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krush said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

This f'ing bug.

Oh yes we meet again little bug >.>

I'll have to go with this. This thing is the worst nm in creation.

Next to Azdaja, of course.
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-06-30 11:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:
SkadooshFenrir said:
Gukumatz has to be on the top of my list, due to the sea of invisibles camping it around the clock. As for annoying, Tunga or Amphitrite can rot in hell.

Seriously, don't even bother with him. Peiste skins are incredibly common in gold pyxis. By the time I had finished almace(85), I think we got maybe 2 or 3 guku kills for skins, and that's only because he was up and unclaimed when we were popping sobeks. My LS would typically get around 10 skins in 2 hours from pyxis, which is faster than you could get from guku if you were lucky enough to claim him every single time.

7 hrs burning raptors with max light = 7 skin KI. Ya that's definitely the best way to go.