Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Thf xml
Thf xml
 Bismarck.Olebisque
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: olebisque
By Bismarck.Olebisque 2011-06-01 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is somewhere else on here but I couldn't find it. If anyone has a good thf XML please post it or pm me please. Would love a updated one that even switches out th items if possible.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-01 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how you plan on switching out TH items effectively (unless you just want it going on then off, regardless of TP?).

Otherwise, here's a copy of mine. It's nothing fancy though.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-06-01 13:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

bah *** i hit delete lol.

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I don't know how you plan on switching out TH items effectively (unless you just want it going on then off, regardless of TP?).

Otherwise, here's a copy of mine. It's nothing fancy though.

he is talkin about swampin hands n feet after first strike. sadly i dont use that in my scrypt so unless sum1 pop with it u can always make a th group n switch it after first strike
 Bismarck.Olebisque
By Bismarck.Olebisque 2011-06-01 14:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw somewhere when I was searching for the XML where people were talking about it being possible but nos I can't find where I saw it :(.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-01 17:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's hands and feet only, then that's easy enough.

<equip when="Engaged">
<hands>Assassin's Armlets</hands>
<feet>Raider's Poulaines +2</feet>
</equip>
<command when="Engaged">wait 5;sc set TPGear</command>

EDIT: That's assuming you have your TP Gear in Spellcast also.

EDIT 2: The 5 second delay should be long enough for you to hit successfully, if you'd prefer a longer delay then just increase it (and for shorter delays, decrease it)
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-06-01 17:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

mine auto equips TH hands/feet if TH knife is equipped and holds them in even for ws/ta/sa/ra etc etc etc

<if mode="OR" EquipMain="Thief's Knife" EquipSub="Thief's Knife">
<action type="equip" when="Engaged|Precast|Idle|Aftercast">
<hands lock="yes">Assassin's Armlets</hands>
<feet lock="yes">Raid. Poulaines +2</feet>
</action>
<if status="Engaged|Precast|Idle|Aftercast">
<hands lock="yes">Assassin's Armlet</hands>
</action>
</if>
</if>
[+]
 Asura.Tanthalis
Server: Asura
user: Tanthalis
By Asura.Tanthalis 2011-06-01 17:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If it helps you can just make a ranged set that has thf gloves and feet on, since it doesn't matter if hit lands or not for TH to be on mob, just take an action. I manually switch knife on and off depending on how long the fight is.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-06-01 17:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
mine auto equips TH hands/feet if TH knife is equipped and holds them in even for ws/ta/sa/ra etc etc etc

<if mode="OR" EquipMain="Thief's Knife" EquipSub="Thief's Knife">
<hands lock="yes">Assassin's Armlets</hands>
</action>
<if status="Engaged|Precast|Idle|Aftercast">
<hands lock="yes">Assassin's Armlet</hands>
</action>
</if>
</if>

this is useless for him, i told it alrdy he wanted to change th hands/feet after first strike for tp gear. im sure he took the same xml at us which mean he alrdy using it anyway.

@Hitetsu thank you^^ im still a bit new with SC so i try to stick mine with the basic stuff
 Bismarck.Olebisque
By Bismarck.Olebisque 2011-06-01 22:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@Hitetsu thanks for the info!! i like your spellcast. was wondering if you could put in like a mdt set and that part that you posted. I have never really tried to write a xml and dont really have alot of time cause of 2 jobs to try and figure it out right now. if you cant i fully understand.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-02 03:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This one should do it~

You can use Stone5 to trigger a PDT set (it'll equip it and keep it on before/during/after the "spell", and you can use Water5 for a MDT set, alternatively /con sc set PDT/MDT will do the same thing. (You'll just need to plug your gear in the appropriate sets).

Also, I always forget to mention with my THF spellcast but, you'll need 2 macros (or keybinds or whatever you prefer to use) for changing to EVA Gear or TP gear - but it'll automatically swap back to that set after every cast/ws.

I'm not in-game to check atm, but your macro should look something like:

/con sc set TPGear
/con sc var GearType TPGear

and

/con sc set EVAGear
/con sc var GearType EVAGear

Similarly, if you wanted it to keep your MDT/PDT gear on for whatever reason:

/con sc set PDT
/con sc var GearType PDT

/con sc set MDT
/con sc var GearType MDT
[+]
 Bismarck.Olebisque
By Bismarck.Olebisque 2011-06-02 11:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot!!! You were very helpful and I appreciate the time you took to help me
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-02 13:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries.

There's a lot of other people on here with a much better hold on Spellcast and it's overall capabilities, but if you want any other help with something, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do~ ^^
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-04 00:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu has helped me with a bunch of my Spellcast too! Huuuuuge help!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Shystie
Server: Valefor
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2011-08-25 11:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not someone who does much research (if any) on things. I just kind of play the game and am fortunate a lot of my friends are very knowledgeable on game mechanics etc. Anyways, one thing I noticed with TH was I used to equip all my TH gear hit the mob and then jump to my TP gear. Well I have TH7(atma) and when I swap to TP gear I am at TH4(swap to Triplus) and when I saw TH actually proc, it was not TH8, it was TH4. If you assume, TH is on from the first hit, then when it procs again, it should raise 1 above your max TH you originally engaged with. So I have made it common practice to stay in my TH gear until I get a message saying it has proc'd.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this? When this happened, it was a few months ago. Maybe was a glitch or something and they fixed it. Just thought I would ask ^^

Edit: HaHa, I shoulda checked the date on the post xD
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-02 21:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know if it is possible to instruct spellcast to put you in a gear set until you actually strike a mob.

Useful applications would be for Sneak attack, Trick attack and TH first strikes. It seems most people just up the aftercast delay to a point they're sure will get them through another attack round.

Please assist
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 22:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
anyone know if it is possible to instruct spellcast to put you in a gear set until you actually strike a mob.

Useful applications would be for Sneak attack, Trick attack and TH first strikes. It seems most people just up the aftercast delay to a point they're sure will get them through another attack round.

Please assist
Macros work well for what you're describing

TH
/equip hands "assassin's armlets"
/equip feet "raider's poultaines +2"
/equip sub "thief's knife"
/console sc d hands
/console sc d feet

Post TH/TA/SA
/console sc e
/equip sub "Triplus Dagger or w/e offhand you use"
/wait 1
/console sc s HasteTP

TA
/console sc s TA
/target <stnpc> <---------- Allows you to wait until first hit
/console sc s Hastetp <------- after you hit enter from <stnpc> it switches you back to this

SA
see TA

There isn't a way to specify when you hit a mob for the first time to the best of my knowledge, but it's a relatively painless process with using these macros for NMs
Farming mobs for drop items you might just full time the TH macro unless you're okay with losing TP
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-02 22:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »

Please assist
Macros work well for what you're describing

TH
/equip hands "assassin's armlets"
/equip feet "raider's poultaines +2"
/equip sub "thief's knife"
/console sc d hands
/console sc d feet

Post TH/TA/SA
/console sc e
/equip sub "Triplus Dagger or w/e offhand you use"
/wait 1
/console sc s HasteTP

TA
/console sc s TA
/target <stnpc> <---------- Allows you to wait until first hit
/console sc s Hastetp <------- after you hit enter from <stnpc> it switches you back to this

SA
see TA

There isn't a way to specify when you hit a mob for the first time to the best of my knowledge, but it's a relatively painless process with using these macros for NMs
Farming mobs for drop items you might just full time the TH macro unless you're okay with losing TP

Er.... I'm REALLY new to spellcast (like 2 days). Can you explain to me what the letter values mean in "/console sc ?"?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 22:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

/console is the same thing as saying //, you just can't use // in macros though

/console sc is obviously to issue a command to spellcast

/console sc s insertwhatevernamehere would equip your set insertwhatevernamehere, so if i said /console sc s DEXWS it would equip my DEXWS set

/console sc d insertgearparthere disables the switching of gear for that particular slot, so if I said /console sc d hands, when my spellcast changes my gear for me, it doesn't switch out my hands, so it's useful for locking gear in certain slots

and lastly /console sc e enables all of your gear slots, allowing free change of all of your gear, in other words it simply says "ok, it's okay to switch my gear now spellcast!", like /console sc d, it's able to be used with specific slots as well, also /console sc d on its own will prevent your spellcast from switching gear in all slots.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-02 23:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

At what point do you actually put in the /ja "Trick Attack" <t> in the TA macro?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 23:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

At what point do you actually put in the /ja "Trick Attack" <t> in the TA macro?
I guess that's kind of important huh, lol, you put it anywhere before the /target <stnpc>, that way you hit the macro, change gear for TA, and then you can position yourself accordingly, and then after you hit it all you have to do is hit enter and you'll switch back to your tp set