In Need Of RDM XML 2.44.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » In need of RDM XML 2.44.
In need of RDM XML 2.44.
By Drjones 2011-07-25 17:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you will need two separate macros to toggle between an "on" and "off" state.

I found that locking it only while engaged was pretty irritating since it always stuck me back in my idle set afterwards, which meant swapping into earth staff and losing all my TP. So I made a workaround.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-07-25 17:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome :D. Weapon thing works, now I need to tackle the potency vs acc for certain spells. I don't have the gear to test it right now, but would this work? If it does work, is there a simpler way to write it?

And this would work for wanting to TP in a little more refresh gear when I'm at a certain %?

Lastly, if I do the Refresh TP thing, would I have to get rid of the TP rule in my "autoset"?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-25 17:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

First question: that's an overly complicated way to handle it. Precast isn't affected by the if statement so it can be placed outside that rule (less verbose), and you can change the second if statement to an else statement since it's only going to be checked if the first statement returns false and the second statement will always return true in this case (more computationally efficient) unless you have a third state for the variable, in which case you'd use <if>...</if><elseif>...</elseif><else>...</else>. Change it to this:

<variables>
<var name="EnfeebleMND-Potency">0</var>
</variables>

<if spell="Paralyze*|Slow*">
<equip when="precast" set="FastCast"/>

<if advanced='$EnfeebleMND-Potency = 0'>
<equip when="midcast" set="Enfeeble-MND-Acc"/>
</if>
<else>
<equip when="midcast" set="Enfeeble-MND-Potency"/>
</else>

</if>

Second question: again, use use <else>, you don't need a second if check there (the elseif).

Third question: use a nested if statement:

<if spell="autoset">
<if MPPLT="25">
<equip when="engaged" set="TP" />
</if>
<else>
<equip when="engaged" set="TPRefresh" />
</else>
</if>
 Fenrir.Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-07-25 18:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much ^^. I'm a spellcast noob, but I refuse to give up because it's so handy. After I finish I'll pastebin my whole xml; if anyone wishes to look over it/give pointers/tell me something was stupid/redundant I would very much appreciate it.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-07-25 18:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished... or so I think. I don't really want to look at it anymore today, so here it is: RDM XML.

I know I can make use of basesets, but I just wanted a blank template to put stuff in, I'll baseset as needed later.

-edit-I don't think the enspell II's will work as I have it on there, but I don't feel like dealing with it today, lol xD.
 Cerberus.Caylene
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-07-26 09:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm going to be fighting, I'll change my gear to what I want it to be and then /sc disable from the game. That way no gear swaps will happen.

There's probably a better way to do it but I got tired of it switching back to a staff after each fight was over (and losing my tp). My initial test was a if tp=% then lock slot, but then it was switching things before I got the tp. So I just disable it for now until I find something that works better.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 09:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
If I'm going to be fighting, I'll change my gear to what I want it to be and then /sc disable from the game. That way no gear swaps will happen.

There's probably a better way to do it but I got tired of it switching back to a staff after each fight was over (and losing my tp). My initial test was a if tp=% then lock slot, but then it was switching things before I got the tp. So I just disable it for now until I find something that works better.
Can use a variable. Toggle 1 for melee 0 for normal. TP lock rules are great an all but if you aren't intending to gather tp and you get hit a few times it might lock you in the wrong weapon. I have a rule that checks the variable when I engage and yells at me in /echo if it isn't on.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 09:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have this at the top of my <rules> section. Does the trick, because it lets me keep the gear swaps for the other slots, without losing TP or locking to some magical TP value.

Only works if you routinely use the same weapon, though.
Code

<!-- Don't swap out the sword if I'm meleeing -->
<if EquipMain="Excalibur">
<disable Slot="Main|Sub|Range" />
</if>
<else>
<enable Slot="Main|Sub|Range" />
</else>
By Drjones 2011-07-26 11:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vazerus said:
Finished... or so I think. I don't really want to look at it anymore today, so here it is: RDM XML.

I know I can make use of basesets, but I just wanted a blank template to put stuff in, I'll baseset as needed later.

-edit-I don't think the enspell II's will work as I have it on there, but I don't feel like dealing with it today, lol xD.
Hmmm, gonna pick through this.

First thing that's jumping out at me is you don't have a base MND and INT set, although that's probably fine since it looks like you're going with all specialized sets. A set specifically for Stoneskin jumps out at me as overly specific when you could build it off an enhancing set in your rules and save spellcast from building an extra gearset. Probably won't matter though, but something to keep in mind if you notice spellcast slowing down.

Your autoset rule looks a little wonky to me. I think you meant to equip your TP set when MP > 25%, not less than 25%.

When you get to your magic skill section you can tighten the code up by breaking it into two branches, if BlackMagic and ifWhiteMagic. It'll save spellcast from having to evaluated every skill individually. Again, only really relevant if you notice spellcast being slow and need to improve its efficiency.

Under your Elemental skill section you can probably omit the "if spell =" section altogether, as it should catch all your nukes/ elemental enfeebles. Also I think spike spells technically get caught under Enhancing magic.

I think Reraise falls under healing magic, so your enhancing magic rule isn't going to catch it.

Stun is going to get caught under Dark Magic and not benefit from piling on Haste for recast timers. Dunno if that's important to you or not, but it's something that jumped out and something that I need to fix in my own XML as well.

Just like White Magic and Black Magic, you can stuff Weaponskills into their own overarching if statement if you care to.

I see no Uggy pendant rules. :(

Chainspell rule could be expanded to everything else in addtion to nukes, but I can't blame you for not adding that mess of conditionals to your code. I certainly didn't.

I'm guessing your TP gear will use your Haste gear as a baseset and that's why you're using it for your Utsusemi macros. I'd just go with straight haste if it offers you any additional flexibility to solo things in mage mode, but you know your situation better than I do so I'm probably completely off base here.

Overall I'd say you're looking in pretty good shape.
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-07-26 14:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my frustration comes in wanting neat little sections to put things in and SC is so flexible that they can go a bunch of different places, and not necessarily in a set order.

Question: If a set doesn't have a baseset indicated, does it just leave whatever you have on and only changes out the pieces indicated?
I see a lot of people leaving out baseset= and it seems messy to me and I'm wondering if there's something behind that, that I'm missing.

Here's my go at my RDM XML- maybe looking at it will give an idea of what I'm talking about: http://pastebin.com/Qp91FYyv
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:

Question: If a set doesn't have a baseset indicated, does it just leave whatever you have on and only changes out the pieces indicated?

Yes. The idea behind that is, if all I'm doing is, say, using focus on MNK, I don't need to swap out ANYTHING besides the crown. Why do all that extra work, for one, and for two, if I'm changing a bunch of other gear around, I might use something inappropriate for the baseset (idle gear when I'm meleeing, melee gear when I'm idle, etc).

Sets should contain the pieces you need and nothing more. Inheritance is for when things are truly dependent (like a generic ws set that a bunch of similar WS all inherit from and change things like the gorget on).
By Drjones 2011-07-26 15:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:

Yes.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at about it being messy however.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-07-26 15:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

**edit** I actually read the previous post. >.>
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 15:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly hate base sets. I like to see everything that will be equipped in that section so I can make changes or search and easily see how many places I use a certain piece of gear which helps when I need to take care of inventory issues or make variable sets based on what I can carry at the time.

1 or 2 changes, I'll make a base set but much more than that and I'll just fill out the rest of it.

But that's just personal preference ^^;