In Need Of RDM XML 2.44.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » In need of RDM XML 2.44.
In need of RDM XML 2.44.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Proud
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Proud
By Cerberus.Proud 2011-05-26 19:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been searching the forums around and haven't found a working/good RDM XML for the new Spellcast. This is a request to those fellow RDM's that have made incredible XML's.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-26 19:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the 2.44 in the title?
 Cerberus.Proud
By Cerberus.Proud 2011-05-26 19:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the Spellcast Version. Spellcast 2.44.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-26 20:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you can make the version to any that you want by doing it manually at the beginning of the spellcast, it's not hard.

Honestly, spellcast making in general isn't that bad. Just get a template of something that works for you, start putting in your info for gear, look at things you'll need/don't need, and think of the things that you want it to do. Loading the XML in a browser will identify known issues in your spellcast so that it loads properly. You can get spellcast templates on the Windower site.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-26 20:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
you can make the version to any that you want by doing it manually at the beginning of the spellcast, it's not hard.

Honestly, spellcast making in general isn't that bad. Just get a template of something that works for you, start putting in your info for gear, look at things you'll need/don't need, and think of the things that you want it to do. Loading the XML in a browser will identify known issues in your spellcast so that it loads properly. You can get spellcast templates on the Windower site.

I think the key is that when you look at those basic xmls, even the ones posted by the experts, pretty much all of them are a bit plain. Considering how powerful SC is and how little of that power is used by most xmls, I too would like to see other's ideas and concepts for rdm. I haven't redone mine since my SSD died and I hadn't saved a recent backup but if I get some time to update it I'll post it. Primarily since I have't played rdm much lately.
 Fenrir.Emirii
Server: Fenrir
user: Emerii1
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-26 20:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my personal Spellcast. I havent commented on anything, so if you need help just reply.

Features: TP lock, Melee set, Utsu/sneak/stoneskin auto remove, balrahns ring/twilight cape/obi support, auto cure after convert, fast cast before spells, etc.

Be sure to CTL + F search "Emirii" in the spellcast and switch it out with your player name!

---new one comming soon ---
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-26 21:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Why would you just make the version whatever you want? You still need to have an xml compatable with the current version of SC you are running.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-26 21:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Why would you just make the version whatever you want? You still need to have an xml compatable with the current version of SC you are running.
Uh yea, you change the required version to the one you want which is compatible with your spellcast version... no brainer. xml version is 1.0 regardless of SC version...
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-26 21:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Uh yea, you change the required version to the one you want which is compatible with your spellcast version... no brainer. xml version is 1.0 regardless of SC version...
But you can't just change that number and expect it to work. An xml that was based around SC 2.2 isn't going to work with 2.44.
 Fenrir.Emirii
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-26 21:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

for some reason my spellcast likes to cast Cure IV when trying to cast certain spells... im sure if you look in it you will find the problem, but just fyi.

Also, I am running my spellcast in 2.4 just fine.

edit: fixed, just CTL+F "Default" and replace with "Standard" :)

and it wants to use composure on everything :s just set composure to 0 if it annoys you...
 Cerberus.Proud
By Cerberus.Proud 2011-05-26 22:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Copied it to Notepad++ and it copied without any tabbed spaces. :/
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-05-26 22:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i usually just build mine from scratch while looking at others for ideas, that way i know where everything is and its custom fit to me
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-26 22:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
i usually just build mine from scratch while looking at others for ideas, that way i know where everything is and its custom fit to me
I think when you are starting out it's better to adapt a premade one. After you get use to changing it for your own uses then you can start to understand what parts do what and it prepares you for building your own custom work.

I will say that making your own custom works certainly hones the skills and makes you really start to see how SC ticks. Learning how to troubleshoot issues using the debug log is also a nice tip.
 Fenrir.Emirii
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-26 22:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my new spellcast. Sorry about the last one. This one should work for everybody.

Emirii's RDM & BRD XMLs

Cerberus.Proud said:
I realized that, so I found a pastebin XDD
 Cerberus.Proud
By Cerberus.Proud 2011-05-26 23:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank You. :D

One question i have, every time I do something on the game, it sends me the sets i'm using on the chat. For example, when i rest, i get:

"[Spellcast] Autose: Resting - l.ear: Relaxing Earring..."

and so on, stating each little piece of equipment I equip. Any way to change that?
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-05-26 23:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Proud said:
Thank You. :D

One question i have, every time I do something on the game, it sends me the sets i'm using on the chat. For example, when i rest, i get:

"[Spellcast] Autose: Resting - l.ear: Relaxing Earring..."

and so on, stating each little piece of equipment I equip. Any way to change that?

At the very top you'll see something along the lines of:

<config
RequireVersion="2.30"
Debug="true"
ShowGearSwaps="false"
/>

Ensure it is set to "false" and not "true".
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-27 01:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SC noob question. How do you even start using SC and an XML
 Fenrir.Emirii
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-27 01:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can download Spellcast plugin for Windower here:
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/4-spellcast/

You can download an XML and rename it as a job "RDM" etc. To whatever you need, and put in whatever gear you want to use.

It's a little advanced but it is very rewarding. You can find some other user made XMLs here:
http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml2.3

although, no guarantees those work ;/
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-27 01:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you very much. I have been wanting to use this, but i wanted to learn my job before i started using this and inputting stuff. I have some gear i wanna try out. thanks a bunch
 Fenrir.Emirii
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-27 02:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just as easily use it as an advanced macro system for changing out your gears (if you have a lot) like MND set for curing, a INT set for nuking, or simple haste gear. The possibilities are endless :)
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-27 02:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

if i have any questions, ill send ya a message. (probably gonna mess around with it)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-06-29 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a rule in your xml's for when you are melee'ing but need to cast cure-so it doesn't cast cure (or another healing/enfeebling spell) on the mob?

I think I'm just about finished with my first xml but that's the last question I have for the time being.

(http://paste.windower.net/m5eff13ff)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-29 15:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said:
Do you have a rule in your xml's for when you are melee'ing but need to cast cure-so it doesn't cast cure (or another healing/enfeebling spell) on the mob?

I think I'm just about finished with my first xml but that's the last question I have for the time being.

(http://paste.windower.net/m5eff13ff)
You could make a change target rule but this is exactly why I use <stnpc> and <stpc> for all of my macros. It can be slower but I'd rather it be predictable so I don't spam through the wrong buttons when trying to do something when engaged rather than idle.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-06-29 16:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can just use <stpt> or <stal> while engaged.
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-06-30 07:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it worked out okay when i tested it in game. I'm facing a few weird kinks- it will change my elemental staves for MND based enfeebs but not INT based ones- but curing doesn't seem to be a problem. A friend cued me in on the shortcuts and it's working fine. :)
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2011-06-30 07:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Emirii said:
Here's my new spellcast. Sorry about the last one. This one should work for everybody.

Emirii's RDM & BRD XMLs

Cerberus.Proud said:
I realized that, so I found a pastebin XDD

Looks good, other than your 8 space tabs.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-07-25 12:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Making a spellcast for myself since I don't like just copying others (I don't need some things, meed other things, etc), I have a few questions... RDM will be my first mage (other than blu, and i deal with staves manually there), so I haven't really needed to ever play with this.

-Is there a way to lock main/sub/ranged if I have a joyeuse (or other specific sword) equipped in the mainhand?

-What's the best way to go about doing said staves in spellcast? Do I just make variables like "<var Name="LightStaff">Apollo's Staff</var>" for each one?

-Made two sets for slow/para to use once I get the gear/merits/skillups; how do I make something where I can cast in the macc set if i'm getting resisted hard? Making the macc set specific to target names looks more annoying than it should be D:.

-I plan on making a sword TP set for crap like besieged, campaign, trash mobs, etc. Is there a way to make myself equip some refresh gear in said tp set if my mp gets to a certain %?

I'll ask more questions as I think of them :( programming and related stuff isn't a strength of mine, lol.
By Drjones 2011-07-25 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vazerus said:
Making a spellcast for myself since I don't like just copying others, I have a few questions... RDM will be my first mage (other than blu, and i deal with staves manually there), so I haven't really needed to ever play with this.

-Is there a way to lock main/sub/ranged if I have a joyeuse (or other specific sword) equipped in the mainhand?
Yes. I use a variable that I can toggle with an in-game macro to handle it myself. I think there are other methods as well.

Fenrir.Vazerus said:

-What's the best way to go about doing said staves in spellcast? Do I just make variables like "<var Name="LightStaff">Apollo's Staff</var>" for each one?
The examples on the Windower wiki work pretty well. I'd just copy/paste 'em and get that sorted out before you start building the rest of your XML.

Fenrir.Vazerus said:

-Made two sets for slow/para to use once I get the gear/merits/skillups; how do I make something where I can cast in the macc set if i'm getting resisted hard? Making the macc set specific to target names looks more annoying than it should be D:.
Again, you can use a variable, toggle it on and off and have your spellcast check to see which mode it's in (potency mode vs MACC mode). I haven't bothered setting that up, but it shouldn't be too complicated, just another if statement to squeeze into the ruleset.

Fenrir.Vazerus said:

-I plan on making a sword TP set for crap like besieged, campaign, trash mobs, etc. Is there a way to make myself equip some refresh gear in said tp set if my mp gets to a certain %?
Yes. There's variables built into spellcast that monitor your current MP and you can use those to alter your TP set on the fly. Although it won't actually change immediately, you'll have to take an action that makes spellcast run through your ruleset again.

I'm not really in a position to filter out all the relevant snippets, but here's my XML. It's got some of the stuff you're looking for, like locking down your sword, as well as some other goodies if you're feeling bold and reckless enough to go through all the code.
http://pastebin.com/8aS6XEQD
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-07-25 16:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the help, I've got a lot of it written, but I have some (more) basic questions.

Say I want to hit a macro in order to lock main/sub/ranged, and I have these (stolen from Emirii's spellcast, but again I don't know if I implemented it right, or if I need to add anything else to make it work):
<variables>
<var name="LockTP">1</var>
<var name="Melee">1</var>
</variables>

<if advanced='"Melee" == "1"'>
<if advanced='"LockTP" == "1"'>
<action type="Disable" slot="main|sub|range" />
</if>
</if>

How would I do it? I assume I would need a second macro to turn the slots back on as well?
 Bahamut.Echojin
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-07-25 16:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this helps, but here is how my bard melee SC stuff looks (compliments of Raenryong)-

(in your variables)
<var name="Melee">0</var>

(this is in your rules)
<if advanced='$Melee != 0'>
<action type="equip" when="precast|midcast|aftercast|resting|idle|engaged">
<main lock="yes" />
<sub lock="yes" />
</action>
</if>

and then to activate this you need a macro in game that sets the variable to 1 that would look like :
/sc var set Melee 1

Hope that helps a bit!

edit- not sure about the having TP & not part of it, I just had it lock the weapons if I was meleeing or not.
First Page 2