Sorc. Ring Activation {Please assist.}
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-31 18:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys. Just nailed me a Sorc. Ring, but I'm trying to work out a gearset to activate it and it's confusing me.

My BLM naked has 960HP. 75% of this is 720HP. So i need to get my HP while nuking down to 720/Whatever right?

I have:
Wivre Hairpin
Ivory Sickle
Black Cotehardie
Zenith Mitts
Electrum Ring
Ether Ring
Ixion Cape
(Havn't gotten Errant Pigaches yet)

That = -175HP total, -195 with Errant.

From here on I keep getting confused >< Maybe because it's late and i'm tired. Could anyone maybe put this in a simple way? D=.

Thanks!
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-31 18:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You need equips that will -241
was that the answer you were looknig for?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 18:50:34
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Serket would be a huge chunk.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-31 18:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

how much hp do you have with your nuke-gear on? not counting convert hp -> mp gear.
thats the hp you need to get down to 75%
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 18:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For it to work without going into Yellow HP, you need Convert HP<>MP gear instead of -HP.

I use a lot of Convert gear on my WHM, so my sorc ring nuking gear looks like this:

equip Sub "Light Grip"
equip Head "Zenith Crown"
equip Neck "Star Necklace"
equip Ear1 "Astral Earring"
equip Ear2 "Phantom Earring"
equip Body "Igqira Weskit"
equip Hands "Zenith Mitts"
equip Ring1 "Ether Ring"
equip Ring2 "Serket Ring"
equip Back "Blue Cape +1"
equip Waist "Forest Rope"
equip Legs "Jet Seraweels"
equip Feet "Wood M Ledelsens"

Then I macro in my regular nuking gear, that gives me a full strength nuke + the 10MAB from Sorc Ring. Without being taru, it'll prolly cost a lot more to hit the 75% HP needed without going yellow.

From the looks of it you'll need another -45HP on top of what you have. Star Necklace is -15, Morgana's Choker is -40 if you do Einherjar.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-01 02:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:

My BLM naked has 960HP. 75% of this is 720HP. So i need to get my HP while nuking down to 720/Whatever right?

Naked HP are irrelevant, you gotta check your max HP while in nuking gear, excluding HP>MP pieces. If you nuke in penitent rope, you'll have to deduct 20HP to your "naked max HP", since your p.rope will be equipped while nuking.

Once you have your "nuking max HP", multiply that value by 0.75 and round the result down. Then you'll know when the latent will break :]

(some says it's 0.76, no it's not :< my sorcerer ring don't proc @75.06% HP, need to be below 75%).
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-01 08:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Saiya said:

Naked HP are irrelevant
I thought it was meant to be 75% of your 'Base HP', which i thought was naked?

I've got a little while to go yet before I can get Morgana's Choker,just bought Kubira Beads ><. Can get Errant feet, Star Necklace (-30). After buying the Sorc Ring i blanche at the idea of then buying a serket ring.... but we'll see.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-01 08:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
I've got a little while to go yet before I can get Morgana's Choker,just bought Kubira Beads ><. Can get Errant feet, Star Necklace (-30). After buying the Sorc Ring i blanche at the idea of then buying a serket ring.... but we'll see.

The only reason I have those pieces is because I used on BRD and WHM, I definitely wouldn't go buying a serk ring purely for Sorc latent.

Try to get hold of a "cheap" elemental grip, another easy 20HP
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-01 08:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh bonus, I always use the specific Ele Grip for nuking, that's another -20. Am i right in thinking once you equip the Convert gear you don;t need to then unequip it to ac tivate the latent?

Ex. I can count Zenith hands towards the bonus, but can still use them to nuke? And same with the Grip?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-01 08:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could just get yourself to yellow HP and stop sacrificing good nuking gear to get your base HP down.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-01 08:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Saiya.

Eternius, the problem with sitting in yellow HP is the chance to aggro undead. Anyone who can force Sorc Ring latent should be re-equipping regular nuking gear as soon as the latent is active (which should be as soon as they've swapped and unequipped their gear), thus giving them the latent AND keeping their HP in white while letting them use their real nuking gear.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-01 08:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Or you could just get yourself to yellow HP and stop sacrificing good nuking gear to get your base HP down.
Yeah I have to say man, that was a bit shortsighted of you. I'll be activating the Sorc.Ring and still be in full nuking gear when I cast. At what point am I sacrificing any nuking gear except the Omega/Snow I won't be wearing anymore? :3
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-01 08:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Okay. I personally am not a fan of camping in a popular undead hunting ground, but to each his own I guess.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-01 08:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, silly. Could be going anywhere where a Sorc. Ring is technically viable, Hitetsu was just giving ONE example.. Plus, getting hit deliberately to get to the right HP is a risky business for a BLM, without a doubt. And if a Curaga or similar goes off, or an HP dies statue in Dynamis, you have to go and do it all over again.

So to re-iterate, if i have x Max HP with my nuking gear on, which includes Ixion Cape & Zenith Mitts, my ACTUAL max HP is What i see on my screen +70? And that -70 counts towards the 240~ odd that I need to be below to be at 75% of my nuking HP?
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-04-01 09:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Check my hp down build, assuming your a hume or mithra with no hp merits itll work, it brings me down past what i need to be.

Mine does it in one 6 line macro

Zenith mitts, zenith crown, serket ring, r pumps and morgana's choker and mahatma slops.

Reason why the mahatma slops are there is because i always use my hp down macro after resting and yigit seraweels give 25hp. I used to have zenith slacks before choker but i perfer how i got it now, now ive tackled the yigit hp+ problem.

Anyway getting it dead on is pretty hard, for other pieces of gear to lose hp :

Asklepios and astral aspis,used to own both to proc mine and they are free. All zenith pieces, ixion, blue cape/+1. Cotehardie body, various harpins rings and earrings.
Star necklace or morganas choker, Penitents rope of course and rostrum pumps.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-04-01 09:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Yeah Saiya.

Eternius, the problem with sitting in yellow HP is the chance to aggro undead. Anyone who can force Sorc Ring latent should be re-equipping regular nuking gear as soon as the latent is active (which should be as soon as they've swapped and unequipped their gear), thus giving them the latent AND keeping their HP in white while letting them use their real nuking gear.

I solo gustav tunnel quite a bit, im only in yellow hp when ive got sorc ring proc'd and im using sorc belt or obi and not penitents rope. Im also used to pressing a macro which equips gaiters af2 body and serket to ensure no hp agro jumping between camps down there.

Cant really see agroing undead ever being a problem for procing ring, assuming you either have white hp with it proc'd or end up kiting the target mob away from blood agro range.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-01 09:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Basilo said:
Cant really see agroing undead ever being a problem for procing ring, assuming you either have white hp with it proc'd or end up kiting the target mob away from blood agro range.

Which was my point, white HP.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-04-01 09:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, skim read the posts my bad, all that processed in my brain was "the problem with yellow hp is the chance to agro undead". ^
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-01 09:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a Hume with no HP merits. On BLM/RDM I use this gear to put me to latent. I always have Zenith Mitts on otherwise I'll go to yellow.

HP Down Gear

Note that everything except the p.rope and z.mitts are swapped out for nuking.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-04-01 09:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What I do to get my ring goin is I swap gears quickly after resting. I swap out Hp- and Hp to MP gears to Nuking gear...works for me 8) it takes me down about 280 HP so my HP is always at 690. Which is Yellow with my enfeebling/elemental gears but white with my nukeing gear because my other gear sets have HP+ and not so much HP- I solo the Pudds in Mount Zylom pretty well X2 AMII's and a Tire IV and they toast...finish with alittle over 200 Mp.
[Hp to Mp Gears] ===== [Nuking gears]
Elemental Straps (20Hp-Mp)===== Elemental Straps
Zenith Crown (50Hp-MP) ===== Wizard's Petasos
Star Necklace (15Hp-Mp) ===== Uggy Pendant
Zenith Mitts (50Hp-Mp) ===== Zenith Mitts
Ether Ring (30Hp-Mp) ===== Snow/Diamond Ring
Serket Ring (50Hp-Mp) ===== Sorcerer's Ring
Blue Cape (15Hp-MP) ===== Rainbow Cape
Penitents Rope (-20Hp) ===== Penitents Rope
Jet Seraweels/Errant ===== Jet Seraweels/Errant
Rostrum Pumps (-30Hp) ===== Rostrum Pumps/Cobra Unit Crakows
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-04-01 09:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Zenith crown, mitts, slacks, serket ring, penitent's rope, altruistic cape and morgana's choker. Hume with no HP merits. Pee rope and zmitts stay on. Takes me a little lower than I need to, I think ;x pee rope/altruistic are on because I nuke in p rope and because my nuking cape has HP on it.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-01 14:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Antipika said:
Saiya said:

Naked HP are irrelevant
I thought it was meant to be 75% of your 'Base HP', which i thought was naked?

Base HP while nuking, excluding convert HP>MP :)

Quote:
So to re-iterate, if i have x Max HP with my nuking gear on, which includes Ixion Cape & Zenith Mitts, my ACTUAL max HP is What i see on my screen +70? And that -70 counts towards the 240~ odd that I need to be below to be at 75% of my nuking HP?

Just tell us your max HP without HP>MP equip on, I mean it's not that hard.

Not many HP modifiers for BLM exists (while nuking). You use Ixion meaning no prism cape. Which belt do you use ? P.rope ? S.Belt ? Witch sash ?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [178 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-09-26 21:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump Detected!

ok, sorry to dredge this one up again but i havent found a straight answer (that or i'm just an idiot) and i know my example was asked...

so i have 958hp Max in nuking (no Convert HP>MP Prism Cape/V.Muffs), so i need to lose 230hp to get to 75%. so if i nuke in Ixion Cape and Z.Mitts, giving me 70 Convert HP>MP, do i still need to lose that 230, or now do i only need to lose 160?
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-09-26 22:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

u need more zenith pieces head and legs r easy to get serket ring astral ring and astral earring but thats only 200 hp wich means u will need more hp down gear or u can sub sch and use sublination wich takes u down to 75% hp hope this helps ya
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 22:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd need to be below 958*0.76 = 728.08. So as long as you have 728HP or less when your nuke hits the target, you're fine.
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-09-26 22:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

not really, i need to know if the Convert HP>MP changes the "base HP" so if i was to nuke in Ixion Cape and Z.Mitts changing my HP to 888, does that mean i have to lose 222hp or does the Convert still view my base being 958 and i only need to lose 160 to hit 75%
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 22:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said... You need 728 or less HP.

Here are some tests I ran.

----------

Neutral Belt (752 Max HP / 772 Max vHP) :

562 HP / 1362 DMG
582 HP / 1362 DMG
585 HP / 1362 DMG
586 HP / 1362 DMG

587 HP / 1286 DMG
594 HP / 1286 DMG

Threshold based on vHP

75% : 579
76% : 586.72

------------

S.Belt (772 Max HP / 792 Max vHP) :

582 HP / 1378 DMG
601 HP / 1378 DMG

602 HP / 1301 DMG

Threshold based on vHP

75% : 594
76% : 601.92

------------

What I call vHP is "virtual HP", aka what you would get without the convert HP/MP gear you wear when the nuke hit the target. Your vHP = 958 HP.

In my case I only use Ixion. That's 20 HP to MP. I wanted to determine if sorcerer ring would proc when below 76% or below 75%. And it turned out to be below 76%. Damage value are just random (differents mobs etc.), I just wanted to notice when did S.ring proc'd and when it didn't, using different HP gap.
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-09-26 22:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so Convert Gear doesnt register the same as pure HP- gear. thanks for clearing it up.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 22:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please also note that food doesn't enter in consideration, like the -10HP effect from cream puff do not have to be consired when calculating latent threshold. (I ran test for that too, and wasted lot of poison potions :<)
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-09-26 22:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightcrew said:
Necro Bump Detected!

ok, sorry to dredge this one up again but i havent found a straight answer (that or i'm just an idiot) and i know my example was asked...

so i have 958hp Max in nuking (no Convert HP>MP Prism Cape/V.Muffs), so i need to lose 230hp to get to 75%. so if i nuke in Ixion Cape and Z.Mitts, giving me 70 Convert HP>MP, do i still need to lose that 230, or now do i only need to lose 160?
Only 160.

958 is my MaxHP too.
I go down to 718 because 728 doesn't give me the latent.
First Page 2