Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Best rdm nuking body gear
Best rdm nuking body gear
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Moonflowyr
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-05-20 20:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hello im trying to find what the best nukeing body gears is for rdm atm i use the teal tho i do have the AF3+2 any info on what gear is best would be cool ty
 Siren.Moonflowyr
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-05-20 20:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for that not so good spelling >.<
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-20 20:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

morrigan's robe
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-20 20:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Morrigan's robe, although it looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with chappel unfortunately :|.
 Siren.Moonflowyr
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-05-20 20:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i'm sorry that one i dont have i guess what im asking is out of the AF3+2 or the teal which one is the better of the 2
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-20 20:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Best bet would be to parse it. There is a tipping point on spell damage when int is beaten out by a certain amount of MAB. There may be a level of spell damage that mab wins, but 12 int is an awful lot.

If you're having macc issues then I'd I'd imagine the 10 macc is nice on the af.

I don't know, I haven't played in a few years, someone else might be able to answer that better.
 Siren.Moonflowyr
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-05-20 20:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wish i could parse but i dont know how ; ; but ty for the info
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-05-20 20:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Moonflowyr said:
hello im trying to find what the best nukeing body gears is for rdm atm i use the teal tho i do have the AF3+2 any info on what gear is best would be cool ty

AF3+2 is better than teal by a lot. Although Morrigan's is very slightly better on high tier nukes. If you have af3+2 dont even bother getting morrigans tbh, the difference isn't that much at all from everything i've heard.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-20 20:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it's better than Teal but a lot. If you don't need the magic acc then Augur's Jaseran is technically better than AF3+2.
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-05-20 21:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I wouldn't say it's better than Teal but a lot. If you don't need the magic acc then Augur's Jaseran is technically better than AF3+2.

Nah. Before mentioning the refresh 2/tic the mag accuracy will decrease the amount of resists and partial resists. AF3+2 outperforms Augurs on all levels.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-20 21:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Nah. Before mentioning the refresh 2/tic the mag accuracy will decrease the amount of resists and partial resists. AF3+2 outperforms Augurs on all levels.
yes, if you don't need the magic acc, then the magic acc helps with resists....
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-20 21:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Because refresh helps your nukes, totally.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shishiza
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-20 21:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight cloak is another Alternative if you lack morrigans, although I'm not sure if the loss in int from the body / hat would be worth it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-20 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not.
[+]
 Siren.Moonflowyr
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-05-20 21:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i just dont see how 12 int and 10 macc does better then 6 int 4macc and 4mab but idk... so its only 6 int and 6 macc that is better then 4 mab?
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-20 21:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Magic accuracy reduces resists?

Mind blown.
 Bahamut.Urmom
user: urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-20 21:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your other stats and what spell really. If you give me your total int and mab I could give you exact amounts
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-05-20 21:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Even if your D-int is capped you will occasionally catch a resist or 2 (partial or full cause SE likes throwing curveballs) In a decent sized parse AF3+2 will outperform Augur's and has on numerous occasions. Not to mention the versatility of the piece. It is the best enfeebling body for rdm, best idle piece, and the best nuking piece(short of Morrigans on high tier nukes). Not too often is there 1 piece that is the best for multiple situations for RDM. AF3+2 is gold.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-20 21:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll always occasionally get resisted because there's a cap on MACC like there's a cap on ACC. 95%. Adding all the MACC in the world won't decrease the resist rate beyond that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-20 21:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize spells have a 95% cap on land rate? Just because you get an occasional resist doesn't mean you need more macc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-20 21:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fk yeah, beat Nightfyre to an informative post for once.
[+]
 Bahamut.Urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-20 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Even if your D-int is capped you will occasionally catch a resist or 2 (partial or full cause SE likes throwing curveballs) In a parse AF3+2 will outperform Augur's and has on numerous occasions. Not to mention the versatility of the piece. It is the best enfeebling body for rdm, best idle piece, and the best nuking piece(short of Morrigans on high tier nukes). Not too often is there 1 piece that is the best for multiple situations for RDM. AF3+2 is gold.
First of all the only way you are capping Dint is with a brew and that much int will ensure you cap macc.

land rate caps at 95%. For nukes it isn't partial or full resist. It's 1/2 1/4 or 1/8 and I think maybe even 1/16 idk it's be awhile. Many debuffs have a few resist amounts too. And which one of those resist it can be is also very specific. So many will be 1/2 1/4 etc based on the rate. It's all on wiki

It is not the best nuking peice. Augurs will do more dmg unless you need the macc and I do just fine on anything I'd actually bring my rdm to.

Also really why wouldn't you be using high tier nukes again? Anyways assuming around 120ish dint and +138 MAB which is fairly well geared and atma'd rdm on blizz IV 1 MAB ~ 1.6int. Which btw barely puts teal ahead of af3+2
 Siren.Moonflowyr
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-05-20 21:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

wow ty for the good info im on bst atm doing a trial >.< i can post my nukeing gear is fome one can send me a msg or let me know how i can show it i dont do a lot of fourm stuff so i dont know how
 Bahamut.Urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-20 21:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[itemset ][/itemset ].

Also would need more than just item sets in this day and age. Half your stats come from cruor buffs and atmas... so would have to know what ones you use about how many furtherances you have etc. Or you could just find your own stats with each and plug it into the formula it's pretty easy really.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-05-21 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Even if your D-int is capped you will occasionally catch a resist or 2 (partial or full cause SE likes throwing curveballs) In a decent sized parse AF3+2 will outperform Augur's and has on numerous occasions. Not to mention the versatility of the piece. It is the best enfeebling body for rdm, best idle piece, and the best nuking piece(short of Morrigans on high tier nukes). Not too often is there 1 piece that is the best for multiple situations for RDM. AF3+2 is gold.
We understood that you are an abyssea fanboy. People are explaining that it's better on EVERY spell and you answer them it's only good on high tiers ? You are an idiot.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-21 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
AF3+2 is better than teal by a lot. Although Morrigan's is very slightly better on high tier nukes. If you have af3+2 dont even bother getting morrigans tbh, the difference isn't that much at all from everything i've heard.

Considering morrigan's robe is extremely easy to get, why wouldn't you bother getting it if it's the best? Also, I'm not sure who you "heard" from, but the difference between morrigan's and AF3 body is quite big actually.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-05-21 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

neck dependent on moonphase of course, but ya know.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-05-21 14:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Phaffi said:

Hecate's cape in this set would do a little more dmg no?
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-05-21 14:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Lakshmi.Phaffi said:

A Hecate's cape, is 700k(on Lakshmi.) I could have also put in a Vivid strap +1 for the recast, but I'm cheap, it's close enough.
 Bahamut.Urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-21 19:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Lakshmi.Phaffi said:

Depends on atmas/cruor buffs etc but probably not. They are kinda close though
First Page 2 3