Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-13 23:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquatic Depopulation Team

I am seeking MMM experienced players who would be willing to help me get these two rings:

Heron Ring (wiki)
Seagull Ring (wiki)

I am offering a 500,000 gil reward for each ring or 1,000,000 gil for both. If you wish to negotiate a different price please PM me or send me a tell in game. I know this is easy and I would do this myself but right now I would rather focus my time in other things than spending all of it doing MMM myself.

Thank you for any assistance!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 00:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize you wont save any time by having other people do it for you right?

You still have to be in zone for an event that takes all of 10-15 min. Drop rate is rather high too.

In fact the time it takes to gather will cost you more than the few minutes you get to afk or whatever it is you intend to do in there
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 00:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't afk as I have 100 fishing, and I just really don't feel like having to learn how to do MMM if I can avoid it. If I can't get help so be it I will but I figured I'd ask first that is all.
 Fenrir.Emirii
Server: Fenrir
user: Emerii1
By Fenrir.Emirii 2011-05-14 00:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

just shout for someone to give you a copy of their map that they use. Pay 500k for that and just fish yourself.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-14 00:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
I wouldn't afk as I have 100 fishing, and I just really don't feel like having to learn how to do MMM if I can avoid it. If I can't get help so be it I will but I figured I'd ask first that is all.

I could see wanting to pay someone so you can do multiple runs back to back, which makes much more sense. But wanting to play simply because you want to remain uneducated on something seems like an odd excuse...

That being said, You can pay someone to just let you copy their tabula (Duplidoc, Etc). Which is much simpler.

Good luck anyway, If you were on Asura I'd be happy to take 1mil from you, I used to do that maze all the time for fun ;O
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 00:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing MMM is easy. Just enter talk to the moblin to enter like all MMM. Then talk to the one inside to start it.

Go to fishing spot and fish.

You can hold 1 large fish and I think 3 small fish idk it tells you if you want to get instructions. After you get some you turn them into the other moblin at the start who keeps track of your points.

Birds spawn if it goes on long enough and if you get to close to them they will eat your catches. Also monsters you fish up might too so pay close attention to what you reel up. Most monsters will stay till they can eat something. Some will leave if you run enough and I think the leech you can actually turn in lol. While they are out you have gravity effect.

As for fishing I only use the first 2 ponds and always win way ahead of time except that one time got a glitch lol. You can tell if a pond still has fish in it and about how much by the amount of sparkles it gives off. 0 being none 3 being full. If the other guys don't go to the first pond you can actually get all you need just from it rather quickly

Pond #1 (the one right in front at the start) Sinking Minnow Giant Catfish. Message should be something like !!! and something negative like Terrible feeling or You're positive you don't have enough skill to reel this in

Pond #2 (the first on after taking the first left) Shrimp Lure. Black Eel !, Monke-onke !!! Messages should be Terrible feeling, or You're positive you don't have enough skill to reel this in as well.

Seriously by far the easiest MMM. It's actually what I use to build up marbles now. Oh and don't use salinity shift as it changed everything to salt water
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-14 00:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the post though, very legit.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 00:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I only offered because the way wiki describes it it seemed too much of a pain to put hours into even being able to enter since voucher 08 costs 100 marbles

Also, @Karbuncle, I rarely want to remain uneducated about anything. It just seems to me that the work to be able to access it is not worth the time to do it.

I obviously don't know anything* about MMM so I wanted to pay a decent reward to someone who does.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 00:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the marbles for the voucher might take awhile since they gimped the whole enter with a low lvl while everyone else is high thing... so in a way makes since don't want to waste time farming marbles.

On the other hand no one but fishers really have this one lol.

As far as just generally farming for marbles you can get a decent amount from soloing or low manning. Pretty good xp especially with all the boost there are now. Help get some jobs to 30 or something
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, so how often can I do a maze, and how many marbles would it net me per run?

Can I do mazes to farm marbles more than once a day? Can I do this run more than once a day?

Do I keep the [Maze Voucher 08] item even after I enter or would I have to farm 100 marbles again?
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-14 01:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
I like the post though, very legit.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time since I farmed marbles like that. Starting out fresh I'd guess 16-25ish. Varies alot. Depends runes you set to add more mobs strengthen/weaken them, strenghten/weaken yourself, lower your time limit etc. If you don't do anything the mobs will be 2 random families of dc/em. How many depends on the type of enemy. Usually larger types which are often generally harder for there lvl have smaller groups while the smaller ones have larger amounts. 5-6ish on big ones iirc and more like 8-10 on bigger ones unless you make more appear. Pretty much everything aggros and/or links regardless of family. Make sure you are on something that can get it done in 30 min. Oh and you only get half xp for the kills... but the other half gets doubled and put into the box when you open it

Each maze can only be used once per game day. Though last few times I did something it looks like they changed it from resetting at jp midnight to actually being 24 hours not sure though.

You can enter on someone elses as much as you have other people to enter with lol.

However you get 1 C.C. if you wait 32 hours since last entering and another one for each 8 hours after that up to 6. So if you wait 3 days you'll have full C.C.

C.Cs are used up when you enter and grant you an additional box to open upon winning. Depending on how many you have there will be increased droprate of good stuff in it vs normal box and more marbles. Full 6/6 I believe gives you about double as much as the regular box so you actually end up farming marbles about as fast in terms of days it takes but take less time in there.

And yes you keep all vouchers and runes once they are in the um tabula or whatever the item is you use to get in. You use them then they go in there until you toss it. Also can trade runes in to the moblins in jeuno to get some marbles. Not much but if it's ones you don't care about or want it's nice.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, had to look up what C.C. meant, reading it now
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-14 01:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I also like the way the OP looks. Very nicely done - much better than the usual "sell me stuffs" threads.

2) @ the people saying it's a waste of his money. He's a lvl 100 fisher. He can make the 1m in less than a week of mostly afk fishing np.

3) Thanks for reminding me I should go get the second ring from that
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

She* lol, and I don't afk bot >_>, only when I'm tired of doing it manually and even then I don't afk~ I feel that is extremely lame
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I wanted to say it was a waste of money I'd say I've only used the rings like twice since I got them shortly after they came out... but then I had an ebisus already and the main use I've seen for them is catching stuff that would normally need the enchantment rings or a good bot to fish up... at least if you are on PC. I hear it's easier to fish on consoles.

Also 1mil in a week? Lol ***lvl 50 fishers could do double that if they got someone to sell trumpets to. I can fish over a mil a day now :).

Also never completely afk while fishing unless you got something that responds decently and/or logs you out. That's just asking to get banned. Especially when i report you for doing stupid ***like trying to fish after you pulled up a monster and then not accepting the R3 from a pixie
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna try doing MMM tomorrow and see if I don't mind putting the time into doing it myself.

Edit: Hakuryu's ftw~! (for non bone/cooking crafters lol)
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-14 01:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, *she.
And I didn't even mean botting, just that for money fishing in general you can afk whenever you want, and come back to your gil maker at your own pace.

Edit: A mil a day? o.o on npc fish or ah-ing stuff?
I'm still stuck in nashmau working on skilling up so I only pull in ~150k ... and I imagine most of what I make will go towards an Ebisu's soon enough
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

But yea, out of anything I've made gil off in this game the most stable and reliable source of gil has been fishing for me. It certainly hasn't been the quickest gil maker but it has always been around for me when I have nothing better to do.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I make ~500k a day when I fish. It's only around 50 Hakuryu which isn't hard to do unless you spend some time doing other things then your profits are a little less. Unless of course you run the bot all day then I've heard of people getting the 200 (215? idk..) fish cap and making 2+ mil a day off of hakuryu
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also never completely afk while fishing unless you got something that responds decently and/or logs you out. That's just asking to get banned. Especially when i report you for doing stupid ***like trying to fish after you pulled up a monster and then not accepting the R3 from a pixie
lol, love this
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
I make ~500k a day when I fish. It's only around 50 Hakuryu which isn't hard to do unless you spend some time doing other things then your profits are a little less. Unless of course you run the bot all day then I've heard of people getting the 200 (215? idk..) fish cap and making 2+ mil a day off of hakuryu
Most I've heard is like 160 or so a day. Don't think I've heard of anyone getting to fatigue on them... though if you are fishing hakuryu it begs the question why are you going for these rings? Completionism? Don't have noddy and puffin?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
lol, love this
Seriously the guy auto hp'd because of it...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Completionism?
Exactly :) I love fishing
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Dasva, fishing with your kitty rod. That's a true fisherman right there! XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the 2 new fishing items too? I think I'll get the skill one but don't know about the instinct one... knowing what was on the line was easy enough before the update. Now it's just rediculous and then improving it more lol.

Also if you love fishing I think you'll like doing the MMM. It's fun to run around and try to out fish those lu shang quest fools... except when they uber cheat... yeah they beat me 26mil to 2.7k :(

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Wow Dasva, fishing with your kitty rod. That's a true fisherman right there! XD
Naw the mark of a true fisherman is one that full times his rod and bait/lure and uses it whenever he is near water regardless of what is going on...

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I idle in my ebisu with a lizard lure LOL >_>

Edit: Who needs stats when you can have two items that give you nothing XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah was so excite the first couple of weeks after I got it lol. Heck alot of times I get called in to proc stuff at the last minute while I'm fishing so you'll see me in full fishing gear on like blu/blm trying to do procs lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-14 01:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Getting the 2 new fishing items too? I think I'll get the skill one but don't know about the instinct one... knowing what was on the line was easy enough before the update. Now it's just rediculous and then improving it more lol.
I've discovered that when you get Angler's Senses the stamina recovery when moving the rod the wrong way is reduced by 30%

Now, +1... that can either mean you get the message more often or the effect is enhanced more (maybe 40%, I'll find out when I get it a hold of one)

As for the other item, definitely I'll be getting it.
First Page 2