Fast Cast gear possibly breaking cap
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-09 12:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

# The following job traits and attributes will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities.

Critical Hit Rate / Critical Hit Damage / Beast Killer / Plantoid Killer / Vermin Killer / Lizard Killer / Bird Killer / Amorph Killer / Aquan Killer / Undead Killer / Arcana Killer / Demon Killer / Dragon Killer / Fast Cast / Kick Attacks / Skillchain Bonus / Conserve MP / Magic Burst Bonus / Snap Shot / Recycle / Ninja Tool Expertise

Quote:

Quote:
To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters. Additionally, in regards to the note about "certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities" have no fear as no negative adjustments will be taking place. Instead the limits on these will be increased, making players even stronger.

As per Tweek in the main thread.

Looks to me like RDM will be breaking through 50% fast cast. Fast Cast V with AF1 hat and AF2 body already hits 50% so anything more should push us beyond cap now.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-09 13:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet. So @lvl99 maybe there will be no need for Chainspell? haha
By Entourage 2011-05-09 13:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

baller, thanks maha =)
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-09 13:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused slightly. In order to increase the effectiveness of fast cast, they would need to increase the cap to cast/recast timers right? They could give you 100% cap on fast cast, but cast/recast timers would still be subjected to 50% cap. I'm wondering because stuff like the Magoraga bead necklace might be affected by this. Or a lot of BRD -cast and -recast gear too. I'd love to see RDM casting utsusemi with Magoraga bead necklace after this update.