Any Improvements Via Auction House?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Any improvements via Auction House?
Any improvements via Auction House?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-03 22:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the biggest improvements you can make for your sets is to work on the magian staves.
For your cure potency set, I think you could aim at something like this:

Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-03 22:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ty sheelay I was thinking of that similar setup @@ completely forgot roundel bc most honestly don't sink that much gil into a gearset if they won't even do the free staff :I
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-03 22:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

also wouldnt light obi/twilight cape (when conditions fit) be more effective then current gear?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-03 22:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There really is no better improvement than a straight +22% Cure potency increase, and it will even get better past lvl 90 :(

Yes, Twilight and Obi will be much more effective. I'm hoping they'll fix SCH so it can use Light weather below lvl 50 as a sub
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-03 22:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Even *if* SE doesn't raise the Cure potency cap on the Surya's staff, they *may* follow suit as they did with the elemental dmg staves and cut casting time Which would be AMAZING for a rdm soloer who sometimes needs that quick cure to save their @$$

In short- do the cure potency staff. It should not take you long at all~
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-03 23:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Even *if* SE doesn't raise the Cure potency cap on the Surya's staff, they *may* follow suit as they did with the elemental dmg staves and cut casting time Which would be AMAZING for a rdm soloer who sometimes needs that quick cure to save their @$$

Would hardly be usefull for RDM, as RDM these days cap fast cast with just af head and af2 body :P
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-03 23:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Would hardly be usefull for RDM, as RDM these days cap fast cast with just af head and af2 body :P
:P Implying he had a pre cast setup *which out of the 7ish sets he had*..none of them was a precast :P
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-05-03 23:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

:P Implying he had a pre cast setup *which out of the 7ish sets he had*..none of them was a precast :P

Err, I didn't think it was worth posting my precast set, it's just two items, Warlock's Chapeau and +5 fast cast Mederi Talar..

Odin.Sheelay said:
One of the biggest improvements you can make for your sets is to work on the magian staves.

This looks interesting, except I couldn't afford Flygja Torque +1, Roundel Earring or Neptune's Pearl anytime soon, and I don't want to throw away my Champion's Galea. The staff is on my wishlist, but I don't really think it's going to be complete in a reasonable amount of time, considering my other current tasks at hand.

At whoever mentioned obi/twilight cape, I currently only have the ice obi and twilight cape, so I'm about halfway there...
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-03 23:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Err, I didn't think it was worth posting my precast set, it's just two items, Warlock's Chapeau and +5 fast cast Mederi Talar..

Odin.Sheelay said:

This looks interesting, except I couldn't afford Flygja Torque +1, Roundel Earring or Neptune's Pearl anytime soon, and I don't want to throw away my Champion's Galea. The staff is on my wishlist, but I don't really think it's going to be complete in a reasonable amount of time.

At whoever mentioned obi/twilight cape, I currently only have the ice obi and twilight cape, so I'm about halfway there...

That would have been me =) Fast cast also should /can include loq earring and the rdm job specific earring* /shrug Wont go on about specifics on a precast set..

Cure potency staff should be your number 1 priority ESPECIALLY if you say you can't afford the other pieces.. 22% > 10% and trust me that 12% could save your @$$
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-03 23:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry much about the latest Earrings and Rings you can get from the AH as much as I would about getting the Magian Staves and the Obis.
Basically now is the time to go through the painful stuff because it's what will grant you the greatest and most valuable improvements.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-04 00:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL noone ever likes to hear that but its the truth~ The staves and obis are still unbeatable :P Hence me sitting in the basement of Eld. Nec killing skeles for my Vayu's +1 @@
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 00:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, I'll have to get back to my Cure Potency staff when i'm back on game @_@
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-04 00:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished Cure pot, Thunder, and Ice to the +2 version.. Have The wind Vayu NQ , fire a *bit over halfway* done, and all but earth obi now @@

Im a staff sadist :I
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 00:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

<_< Indeed .. I'll be happy to finish one lol
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-04 00:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL it is amazing what you can get done when you have no event LS tying you down for hours on end :) I started my wind staff erm........ 5 days ago ish but havent really played that much this week at all. Staves sooooo easy to do IMO
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-04 00:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also amazing when you have a event LS and get weapons like Empyerial AND staffs done at the same time. ":)
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-04 00:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's also amazing when you have a event LS and get weapons like Empyerial AND staffs done at the same time. ":)
That an offer ? =D
[+]