Caladabolg Build.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Caladabolg Build.
Caladabolg Build.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17
 Bismarck.Disguise
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xKrafty
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-03-06 14:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Grizzlie said: »
Bismarck.Disguise said: »
and your doing apoc?!

The game doesn't want me to break 330 on my GS and Scythe, which is starting to make me depressed.
Shut your face -_-
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-06 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, what your saying is to just focus on building a Resoluction WS build for LR up/down, instead of a Torcleaver ws build? I still like the damage I can output with Torcleaver though, althought I've only had my Calad for a few days and haven't experienced it enough to know what's good for it and what isn't.

Yes. I use this fulltime for Torcleaver:

I don't find many situations that I benefit from stacking Vit over the attack I have here. Resolution seems to outperform torcleaver in pretty much every situation I've used it. The increased tp-return on it is also helpful. I normally save up 300 tp, torcleaver, and ride out aftermath doing resolutions. I still do impressive numbers with torcleaver but its hard to fight the 25-50% further increase my resolutions do. 2-3k torcleaver depending on the mob is irrelevant next to 3-5k resolution that returns more tp and is far easier to gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-03-06 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Basically, what your saying is to just focus on building a Resoluction WS build for LR up/down, instead of a Torcleaver ws build? I still like the damage I can output with Torcleaver though, althought I've only had my Calad for a few days and haven't experienced it enough to know what's good for it and what isn't.

Yes. I use this fulltime for Torcleaver:

I don't find many situations that I benefit from stacking Vit over the attack I have here. Resolution seems to outperform torcleaver in pretty much every situation I've used it. The increased tp-return on it is also helpful. I normally save up 300 tp, torcleaver, and ride out aftermath doing resolutions. I still do impressive numbers with torcleaver but its hard to fight the 25-50% further increase my resolutions do. 2-3k torcleaver depending on the mob is irrelevant next to 3-5k resolution that returns more tp and is far easier to gear.
That is a nice set, unfortunatly I don't have the Ares body, nor the people to do it with, some I kinda stuck since it's pretty much the best body in the game (in my eyes).
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-03-06 14:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ares body is easy enough to get. All the runs can be done with a DD, THF, WHM. If you dont have friends who can cover the rolls pick up whichever jobs you need from shouts offering everything but it.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-06 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a nice set, unfortunatly I don't have the Ares body, nor the people to do it with, some I kinda stuck since it's pretty much the best body in the game (in my eyes).

You'd be suprised. My roomate is working on mythic atm and we floor 35's all day. If you find someone on your server who farms alex for mythic, 9 times out of 10 they'll be happy to let you leech just for help with salvage. The roomate is very cool about it and even does zones that are "less desireable" for alex, just to help out the helpers with gear they want.

I'll have to look up some Resolution builds then

I don't claim mine are the best but my builds are a start. I think I post the tp returns etc on the build page (or at least I've started to lately because it's a pain to figure it out everytime i rework a set). I'm a little obsessed with maintaining my hit-builds though and that's not always constructive for DPS.
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-03-06 14:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sonoske said: »
Ares body is easy enough to get. All the runs can be done with a DD, THF, WHM. If you dont have friends who can cover the rolls pick up whichever jobs you need from shouts offering everything but it.
I have the people to cover the rolls, it's just getting them to find the motivation to do salvage. Plus, I believe I need to do assault missions in order to go into Salvage as you need Assault points (Although, you probably already know this xD).
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-03-06 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if friends dont wanna go theres always the shout option. ^^ Usually what I have to do for a 3rd since we sell our Alex for some pocket change.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-03-06 14:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, but if you do shout for salvage. If your server is anything like Pheonix be ready for some of the dumbest questions in your FFXI career. lol Theres always the guy with.. "Whats Salvage?" "What AF drops there?" and sometimes they get worse.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nooblet
user: djtickle
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2012-04-02 09:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Adaberk with Store TP +6 and Dbl A +3 and was looking to build a set with it.

Hows this look? Any comments?

Could cap haste if i changed pants to Aces but didnt but thought the extra DA and TA would be better?

I know the new nyzul stuff is better but im looking at what I have available at the moment.
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-04-02 09:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nooblet said: »
Got Adaberk with Store TP +6 and Dbl A +3 and was looking to build a set with it.

Hows this look? Any comments?

Could cap haste if i changed pants to Aces but didnt but thought the extra DA and TA would be better?

I know the new nyzul stuff is better but im looking at what I have available at the moment.
What set are you trying to build exactly? TP or WS, by the looks it's a TP set.

I'd switch out the neck piece for Ganesha's Mala
I'd also switch out the head and body for Bale +2.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-02 09:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Adaberk with Store TP +6 and Dbl A +3

HATE! I'm like 200 scraps in and only have 5/2 on armadaberk.

Got Adaberk with Store TP +6 and Dbl A +3 and was looking to build a set with it. Hows this look? Any comments? Could cap haste if i changed pants to Aces but didnt but thought the extra DA and TA would be better? I know the new nyzul stuff is better but im looking at what I have available at the moment.

I prefer to wear rose strap for my builds. The stp through tp phase and ws allows more lenience with gear (for example you could use ganesha's mala over houyi). That's just my 2 cents anyhow.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-04-02 09:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Got Adaberk with Store TP +6 and Dbl A +3

HATE! I'm like 200 scraps in and only have 5/2 on armadaberk.

Got Adaberk with Store TP +6 and Dbl A +3 and was looking to build a set with it. Hows this look? Any comments? Could cap haste if i changed pants to Aces but didnt but thought the extra DA and TA would be better? I know the new nyzul stuff is better but im looking at what I have available at the moment.

I prefer to wear rose strap for my builds. The stp through tp phase and ws allows more lenience with gear (for example you could use ganesha's mala over houyi). That's just my 2 cents anyhow.

I kind of gave up on Adaberk augs man... Makes me want to /wrist hardcore on those augs. One time I kept getting subtle blow+1 like 5 times in a row. Everything has been the same or worse then my current aug.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-02 10:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of content? Thats a pretty crappy VW build, but should do well in Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-02 12:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this set is idle for Torcleaver :

Torcleaver set

What do you think about it?
 Bismarck.Nooblet
user: djtickle
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2012-04-02 14:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

What kind of content? Thats a pretty crappy VW build, but should do well in Abyssea.

In that case then alter it for set for inside and out?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-02 16:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent like 3min on this set, so its not all the way mathed out.

Caladbolg (90)
Rose Grip
Hagneia Stone
Zelus Tiara
Rancor
Brutal
Bale
Armada Berk
Bale +2
Rajas
Tyrant
Atheling
Plasimode
Homam
Ryuga

DPS - 543.026

Your set - 476.515

Based on Ig-ish stats.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-04-06 23:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question

how much STP do i need for 6 and 5 hit on drk/sam with caladbolg?
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-04-06 23:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Piccollo said: »
quick question

on 6-hit I don't know, However I don't really think a 5-hit is reasonable without losing capped haste or extremely hurting your tp and ws sets.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-06 23:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question

For a 6hit, 37. This can be reduced depending on what you're willing to WS in when using Resolution. Same goes for Torcleaver but to a more extreme extent since it's only a 1hit ws I.E. you'd need a lot of STP gear in your WS set to even think about using Torcleaver.

For a 5hit, 67. I think 70 is the highest you can hit, and that's with food and a 21% (20.7%) haste set. Utterly not worth it in any situation since you have to sacrifice tons of accuracy, attack, and DA.

Edit: For a 5 hit you'd also need at least 20 STP in your Resolution set, and you'd need to Torcleaver in your TP set.
 Siren.Piccollo
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-04-07 00:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess the reall question then is whats the optimal 7 hitter as 36 minimum stp is just silly
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-07 00:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess the reall question then is whats the optimal 7 hitter as 36 minimum stp is just silly

Idk, just throwing it out there. 2 STP shy of 6hit, Reso in Rajas, Brutal and Hagneia Stone fixes it. Maybe Rose Strap would be better, I don't know. Note that this isn't mathed, just speculation on what would probably be the best.

Edit: Rancor Collar is more than likely better.

Edit: Oh wait you want an easy 7hit? Probably see Taint's post higher up on the page.
 Siren.Piccollo
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-04-10 21:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hey im struggling to improve my torcleaver damage to a level i would like perhaps im hitting an upper limit for this particular weaponskill now but heres my gear set for Tor any advice on improving this set would be greatfully received

actually took quite a bit of work to get to this point with the build but i recently took my caladbolg to 90 so im looking again to enhance my numbers:p
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-12 03:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hey im struggling to improve my torcleaver damage to a level i would like perhaps im hitting an upper limit for this particular weaponskill now but heres my gear set for Tor any advice on improving this set would be greatfully received

actually took quite a bit of work to get to this point with the build but i recently took my caladbolg to 90 so im looking again to enhance my numbers:p

There's really not much you can do for Torcleaver, I use a very similar set to that (using rheic/phorcys pants instead) and don't see many readily available upgrades. Probably terasoul ring instead of rajas or even pyrosoul if you're too cheap/inventory limited to go for both.

Drachenhorn helm from Provenance Watcher, or Mekira-Oto/+1 on active days would be an upgrade (need confirmation on oto). Hrafn Cuirass maybe if you're crazy about it, or just Phorcys Korazin is probably better than ares now.

My advice would be not to focus on Torcleaver and just use it in VW after a dusty wing every 90 seconds to keep aftermath up and use Resolution the rest of the time.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-12 06:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of bale legs + 2 you want ogier's breeches or phorcys legs.
Instead of Ugol Moufles you want phorcys hands.
Ammo : bomb core > fracas grenade
Rings : Terrasoul and spiral ring
Earring : moonshade TP bonus and brutal
On neck i generally use apathy gorget but snow gorget is ok.
With this set you should be able to break 4k on mobs like Pil and be close to 3k on mobs like Ig-Alima (red curry buns up).
A good Resolution set is actually also hard to build since you need accuracy, DA attack and STR.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-04-13 13:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
A good Resolution set is actually also hard to build since you need accuracy, DA attack and STR.
Between Twilight/Twilight, Relic+2 hands (Was thinking Entropy) Avant, the new Hrafn, or Super-Askar hands, hidden accuracy on Neck/Belt, Bale+2 legs...

No... No, not really
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-14 02:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Between Twilight/Twilight, Relic+2 hands (Was thinking Entropy) Avant, the new Hrafn, or Super-Askar hands, hidden accuracy on Neck/Belt, Bale+2 legs...

No... No, not really

I meant, you're also gonna spend a lot of time or money to build an excellent Resolution set.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-14 02:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »

No... No, not really

I meant, you're also gonna spend a lot of time or money to build an excellent Resolution set.

Fyi twilight mail still didn't drop to me...
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-14 02:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ace's Mail would be better than Twilight I'd imagine, and it's probably easier to get too. For any mob you need that much accuracy on, you need a lot of attack since Resolution has an attack penalty (8%). You'll probably cap, or near cap Accuracy with pizza in most sets.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-14 16:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say Twilight has more value overall than Ace's does at this point, and it largely maintains that value as your gear improves whereas Ace's can ultimately be replaced. 3 STR 12 attack vs 24 acc is an incredibly efficient trade, nevermind inventory+1.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17