Forum » FFXI » General » Windower Plugins
Windower Plugins
 Ramuh.Shuyn
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-06 04:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo there guys - anyone around know which plugin is the 1 that helps telling you which is the VNM that current Abyssite is targeting? i keep getting wrong NM's and sometimes get raped....
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-06 05:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cheating!
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2011-04-06 05:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need a Windower Plug-in for it. Read the text when you have multiple abyssites, and you will actually know which VNM you're targeting.

Assuming you have all three tiers of abyssite, it will say your T3 is resonating with one of the following lights and give you a direction and distance:

A "feeble" light is always a T1.
iirc, a "soft" light is a T2.
And then it's something like a "solid" light for a T3.

Hope this helps you find the right VNM. xD
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
Server: Bismarck
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-04-06 05:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

allseeingeye

you will see the VNM without a name above it, but its not hard to distinguish which VNM it is (also means you can just follow it until it stops then take a knee so it pops. )
 Ramuh.Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-06 05:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

D: yeah but this guy was using it yesterday and we were always getting right nm's - today its just sad... 4/7 wrong NM's so far.... and 2 wipes - now i just use my automaton to wipe and make it depop... but still... when tere are 2 at same place it will mess and we might target the same again...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-06 05:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

allseeingeye, but that plugin isnt easily available online I think
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-04-06 05:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Shuyn said:
D: yeah but this guy was using it yesterday and we were always getting right nm's - today its just sad... 4/7 wrong NM's so far.... and 2 wipes - now i just use my automaton to wipe and make it depop... but still... when tere are 2 at same place it will mess and we might target the same again...

Most people use unlocked apradar with filters so they know which VNM is the one they are tracking.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2011-04-06 05:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, again it's just based on the light. Say you were seeking the T2 with a T3 abyssite. If you look and it says that it's a "solid" light, you're probably targeting the VNM that's going to om nom you.

If it says it's a soft light, then you're going for the T2 that you're looking for. You don't really need the windower plugin for it.

That being said, I think someone answered your question, I'm merely trying to provide an alternate, simple method of determining your VNM. xD
 Ramuh.Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-06 05:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinkydink said:
allseeingeye

you will see the VNM without a name above it, but its not hard to distinguish which VNM it is (also means you can just follow it until it stops then take a knee so it pops. )

Thanks!

Valefor.Kensagaku said:
You don't need a Windower Plug-in for it. Read the text when you have multiple abyssites, and you will actually know which VNM you're targeting.

Assuming you have all three tiers of abyssite, it will say your T3 is resonating with one of the following lights and give you a direction and distance:

No i mean in T2 path which is shoggoth and which is the lamprey lord for example.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2011-04-06 05:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Bismarck.Rinkydink said:
allseeingeye

Thanks!

Valefor.Kensagaku said:

No i mean in T2 path which is shoggoth and which is the lamprey lord for example.

Ahhh, I misunderstood. Alright then, there's your answers above, sorry for the misunderstanding, and good luck with your VNMs. xD
 Ramuh.Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-06 05:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:

Most people use unlocked apradar with filters so they know which VNM is the one they are tracking.

unlocked Apradar? what's that?
 Ramuh.Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-06 05:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Bismarck.Rinkydink said:
allseeingeye

Thanks!

Valefor.Kensagaku said:

Ahhh, I misunderstood. Alright then, there's your answers above, sorry for the misunderstanding, and good luck with your VNMs. xD

lol Thanks for the tips anyways tho - i apretiate it
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-06 05:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:

You can see there a NM died last time iirc
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-06 05:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of this, someone with connections to the windower developers please ask them to develop an auto-ranged attack plugin :<

I remember hearing once that they were thinking about it, but never heard anything afterwards nor ever saw a respected plugin :<
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-04-06 05:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:

It's apradar with the ability to track deathspots and invisible mobs. Unlocked Apradar 2.0 have the "show all mobs" function avaible, with that and the filters active you can choose to track one or more mobs on the 50 yalms range. For example, you write in the filter field "lamprey lord, shoggoth" and when one of these two NM is in the 50 yalms range, Apradar shows you the name+distance of the one near you, so if it's not the one you are looking for, you can avoid it and go search for the other one :)

Edit: Hey cere, howya doing on bismark? :D
 Ramuh.Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-06 05:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:

It's apradar with the ability to track deathspots and invisible mobs. Unlocked Apradar 2.0 have the "show all mobs" function avaible, with that and the filters active you can choose to track one or more mobs on the 50 yalms range. For example, you write in the filter field "lamprey lord, shoggoth" and when one of these two NM is in the 50 yalms range, Apradar shows you the name+distance of the one near you, so if it's not the one you are looking for, you can avoid it and go search for the other one :)

Where can i get Apradar?
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-06 05:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Ramuh.Shuyn said:

Where can i get Apradar?

Could try http://apradar.com/

@Kog: I'm doing good! How's things on Rag? :p
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-04-06 06:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

make sure you get V2 apradar.. its a lot better than V3 for what you want to use it for

and in case you dont get what the password is.. its "I see dead people" ;)
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-06 07:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from Apradar, there's another map program out there called Mappy. It's available through the Windower website.

Click here for more information.
 Ramuh.Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2011-04-15 22:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, Thanks for all the answers guys.