I Never Realized How Good Charity Makes You Feel.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » I never realized how good charity makes you feel.
I never realized how good charity makes you feel.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-03-20 17:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Up until a few hours ago, I had moderately long hair for a guy--around 13 inches when in a tail--and had decided that since it was long enough I would donate it to Locks Of Love. I thought I was going to feel kinda bummed out about the loss even though it was for a good cause, but I was shocked to find that it felt REALLY good to give hair for a kid that would have his/her day made.

So, I guess I'm really just saying this because I'm for some reason bursting with excitement and need to get it out, but yeah >_>; So, anyone have any idea as to why it makes you feel so good to give to charity? I really have rarely felt so up in the clouds over something, maybe it's me or does anyone else get that really good feeling?
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-20 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww, dude. This is a nice read after reading a few other bashing threads. I hope to God this doesn't turn into one :(

But I think that's the thing: there's so much self-centered behavior around the world that we see everyday, and it's something we would never point out as wrong, as it's just being "perfectly human."

So when you see someone do something out of sheer kindness, or if you yourself do something for someone and not expect anything in return, that excitement and "up in the clouds" feeling is, I'd say, well-deserved, and should you ever feel the need to experience it again, do it again! ^^

/cheer~ \o/
 Asura.Redaske
Server: Asura
user: Redaske
By Asura.Redaske 2009-03-20 17:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

/salute to he who serves his community and his fellow man. It is an honor to know that you have done a deed of greatness for those who need it most.

LX
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 18:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

{Good job!} I have pretty damn long hair myself, and on that day that I decide I'm done with the long haired hippy look (lol) I intend to do the same...

Such a simple thing can bring so much joy. I /salute you!
 Gilgamesh.Brineri
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Brineri
By Gilgamesh.Brineri 2009-03-20 18:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

nice man, i did the same thing about 2 years ago. (i was only in 9th grade then heh) i had my hair about 12-14in decided it was gettin old and donated to locks of love