Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kannagi + Off Hand
Kannagi + Off Hand
 Lakshmi.Allusion
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Allusion
By Lakshmi.Allusion 2011-03-23 20:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how the 10% is added with this katana. Is this potentially the best off hand katana for a Blade: Hi WS set now?

Uzura +2 DMG45 Delay 216, DMG +2 WS DMG +10%

Uzura +2
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 20:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Reading any of the other 300 threads on it will tell you Kamome inside abyssea. Not to mention the +10% doesn't work on offhand.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-03-23 20:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In or outside Abyssea?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 20:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

STR Katana or DA Enchu or Oriandi wins outside I believe.
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-03-25 00:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo homies, http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/19948/ffxi-melee-damage-comparator-v510-20march2011

download the program and see for yourself. Jobs have a fstr for melee damage (and I believe its the same for WS) based on base of weapon. The closer you get to the fstr cap the higher the damage jumps, basically it's a parabola. Kannagi 90 needs 147 STR which you'll never reach as a hume ninja, and most likely wouldn't hit over 140 without two STR Sekka's.

\I was messing around with crit damage and rate and using two STR Sekka's, basially kamone increases damage by a general 1k when crit damage is at 40% (not counting kamome) and when crit hit rate is 95%, which obviously wouldn't happen. Also at 95% an 40% OAT-2 offhand beats Kamome.

Outside of Abyssea where crit hit rates and boosts in damage are low the ideal TP set is: STR Sekka x2 (Kannagi mainhand if possible), STR+2 ammo, if only STR+1 then bomb core, Iga +2 head, Kub necklace, Chiv chain if not, Aga collar if not, Brutal / Supp, Nin Chainmail+1, Aurore Gloves (because of the STR+4), Strogi Ring / STR+7 or STR+5, Rajas, Atheling Mantle, Twilight belt, Iga+2, Iga+2. Using red curry buns you'd destroy even the best warriors, assuming you don't use Yonin or recompensate with aggressor (less crit hits from front, nin tool expert, but no change in eva or acc).

The above maximizes EVERYTHING for a TP set on the outside.

Inside it's different and I haven't played with it enough. Crit damage + attack speed + crit hit rate decrease the need to hit the fstr melee cap so Kamome starts being good, but past a certain threshold OAT-2 beats it as well from the amount of critical hits the weapon would do.
[+]