Ifrit Joing Odin... Seriously?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Ifrit joing odin... seriously?
Ifrit joing odin... seriously?
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-02 10:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else from odin find this slightly irratating? Not so much that Ifrit specificly is join us, but the fact that we spent a year or two in lockdown merly a year ago with no new ppl or friends allowed to join us.. now ere getting a whole server added. wtf lol
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-02 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea well we aren't too happy about it either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-02 10:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's bound to happen, over and over again~
SE's doing what they can to cut their losses. Don't let it get to you, because you may experience this in the near future again.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-02 11:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Anyone else from odin find this slightly irratating? Not so much that Ifrit specificly is join us, but the fact that we spent a year or two in lockdown merly a year ago with no new ppl or friends allowed to join us.. now ere getting a whole server added. wtf lol
be happy you're getting 'new" people to play with your whiny ***
[+]
 Ifrit.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Ifrit.Creaucent 2011-03-02 17:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this topic makes me want to go to Odin even less =/
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 17:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:

Hah, I had forgotten about the time we spent locked because we were overpopulated.

I'll agree it's quite ironic lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-02 17:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch it get re-locked after the merge.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-03-02 17:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just knew that if anyone freaked out over the merge, it'd be people from Odin.

We were in solitary confinement for quite a while too, but the servers that got merged last time very easily became the highest in population. So we're not the big two anymore. We haven't been for a long time. They're not going to baby us, like we've experienced so much "trauma" by what they've done to our servers in the past. They're going strictly by numbers, I'm sure.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 17:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked Odin the way it was. It hardly ever felt underpopulated.
I guess if the merge brings in good people and new friends all will be good though. Except for Emp NM stuff
[+]
 Ifrit.Herc
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-02 17:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

All i know is according to that other odin/ifrit forum...a dude from odin said there are tons of big LSes that stil use PLDx2 on NMs and take 30 mins on the big sandworm in attohwa.....this makes me cringe knowing i gotta leave Ifrit to encounter that type of gameplay...thank god i got Kannagi done before merge...but my buddy were makin H2H for isnt gonna be happy lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-03-02 18:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
I liked Odin the way it was. It hardly ever felt underpopulated.
I guess if the merge brings in good people and new friends all will be good though. Except for Emp NM stuff

I feel the exact same way. I'm content with our population here too, but new blood to servers that used to be stagnant can be a good thing.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-05 10:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
I just knew that if anyone freaked out over the merge, it'd be people from Odin.

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Im not complaining about the merge, or ifrit specificly, Im just saying i find it ironic, went from locked out for over population to world merger in like a year~
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-05 11:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Herc said:
All i know is according to that other odin/ifrit forum...a dude from odin said there are tons of big LSes that stil use PLDx2 on NMs and take 30 mins on the big sandworm in attohwa.....this makes me cringe knowing i gotta leave Ifrit to encounter that type of gameplay...

yes.. because if history has thought us any thing over time, its that stupidity is always exclusive to one group! ;)
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-05 11:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait until we're all on one happy server together :)
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-05 11:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Ifrit.Herc said:
All i know is according to that other odin/ifrit forum...a dude from odin said there are tons of big LSes that stil use PLDx2 on NMs and take 30 mins on the big sandworm in attohwa.....this makes me cringe knowing i gotta leave Ifrit to encounter that type of gameplay...

yes.. because if history has thought us any thing over time, its that stupidity is always exclusive to one group! ;)

You don't see that ***on ifrit if that's what you're implying.
[+]
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-05 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

you'll guys soon learn that you play the same game and a server really doesnt fkin matter.
[+]
By Alexandre 2011-03-05 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

People need to stop complaining about this. No one is getting any sympathy from others this is not the first time they have merged servers and they're not doing it for shock value. And you people can get over yourselves thinking your server is full of the best players and all other servers have terrible players. Eat some humble pie and accept that you're about to nearly double in the amount of people on your server, it makes for a much better game experience.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-05 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus and people that don't play FFXI, gtfo!
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-05 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Herc said:
All i know is according to that other odin/ifrit forum...a dude from odin said there are tons of big LSes that stil use PLDx2 on NMs and take 30 mins on the big sandworm in attohwa.....this makes me cringe knowing i gotta leave Ifrit to encounter that type of gameplay...thank god i got Kannagi done before merge...but my buddy were makin H2H for isnt gonna be happy lol

You clearly didnt see my response to this did you lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-05 12:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

we're going to rape your women Odin ;)
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-05 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey man, the more mantra you take off our hands, the bette.r Enjoy ^^
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-03-05 12:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I ain't even mad.
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-03-05 12:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that SE gets it, the more they do this sort of stuff, the more they're going to lose players. I liked abyssea with how crowded it already was. There was always competition for the littlest things you wanted to get done BEFORE the merge. I wonder how its going to be afterwards.

*shrugs* But hey, if I don't like it I won't play right? Leaves more room for people that still want to play.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-05 12:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
you'll guys soon learn that you play the same game and a server really doesnt fkin matter.

I both agree and disagree with this.

I agree that, in general, you play FFXI for the experience, not the server. In other words, if you woke up one day and S-E had secretly moved everyone to a new server, without announcement or warning, you might be (justifiably) upset, but you would (probably) still go on playing FFXI the same as you were beforehand.

However, it's pretty obvious that all servers are not identical.
Just the other day Raen was in here complaining about the number of Japanese botters in Abyssea claiming Gukumatz on his server right now. Through that discussion, we learned that not all servers are experiencing this issue, and it's possible that his server has a higher percentage of JP players than other servers. Furthermore, as someone who spent many years on Ramuh server, I can attest that that server was basically "dead", and I'm not surprised at all that it's among the servers closing shop this month. When I moved to Bismarck, my FFXI experience improved a ton, because there were more active players, less snobby players, and more NA/EU players than what I was accustomed to on Ramuh (and Phoenix, for that matter).

So, does a server's population make-up and culture make-or-break one's FFXI experience? No, probably not. However, server identity DOES play SOME role in each players' enjoyment of the game.

If I were on Odin, I would be a little miffed, for the reasons stated in the OP. Out of the 8 servers that will be receiving a huge influx of players, Odin has the largest already-existing population, so it will soon be the most-crowded server. Although, unless I'm mistaken, Odin has been one of the most-crowded servers throughout its existence, save the last year or so ... so it shouldn't really be a "new" feeling for Odin's vets. For what it's worth, at least here on AH.com, it seems there's a lot of good minds on Ifrit, so you'll be getting a good crop, Odin.

Deal with it?
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-05 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:

Deal with it?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-05 12:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Every "Oh noes server merge" bitchfest just needs to be bundled up and put in one topic titled "Ohnoes moar competition for Gukumatz* crycry."

*Any NM related to Empyrean key trials.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-05 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Every "Oh noes server merge" bitchfest just needs to be bundled up and put in one topic titled "Ohnoes moar competition for Gukumatz* crycry."

*Any NM related to Empyrean key trials.

Agree.

I'd much rather be camping Gukumatz (or any Abyssea NM, on any server, at any time of day) than Fafnir (ever).
 Ifrit.Herc
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-05 12:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Ifrit.Herc said:
You clearly didnt see my response to this did you lol
Nah man i didnt lol my bad...was it on that other forum?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-05 12:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Every "Oh noes server merge" bitchfest just needs to be bundled up and put in one topic titled "Ohnoes moar competition for Gukumatz* crycry." *Any NM related to Empyrean key trials.

perhaps you missed...

Odin.Godofgods said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Im not complaining about the merge, or ifrit specificly, Im just saying i find it ironic, went from locked out for over population to world merger in like a year~
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-05 12:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, does anyone have any figures for Ifrit/Odin and server max population?

I severely doubt SE is doing this to save a few bucks on electricity.
First Page 2 3