One Billion Gil
First Page 2 3
 Unicorn.Vxsote
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: VxSote
By Unicorn.Vxsote 2011-02-18 11:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking through some of the old threads here, people talking about payouts, currency sales, how to make it work, etc., and thought I'd post an update.

I run Screwdriver on Unicorn. We were one of the earliest linkshells to abandon the sponsorship model for payouts, back when "leader takes all" was the norm. We sell all currency at fair market prices, and do not offer discounts (not even to members). We pay out all profits monthly in equal shares to members based on attendance. All of our financial accounting, including currency sales, expenses, merc fees, and payout shares, is viewable by any member at any time.

We do a pretty even mix of city, northlands, CoP, and Tav, to keep things at least a little bit interesting. At our peak membership before the level cap went up, we had the manpower to full clear ("double clear", in some shells' terminology) a city while doing a concurrent Tav run.

For a good part of our history, Monday nights (we are a Monday/Thursday shell) were quite crowded. At one point, we had 8 shells running on monday, all of whom scheduled cooperatively (we used simple forums rather than a calendar site). A few douchebags stopped scheduling and started going when/wherever they pleased, but now, we are the sole remaining shell that runs regularly. We still coordinate with other groups when asked.

Our monthly payouts are usually in the 1.5M gil ballpark for a member with full attendance. It could be more, but we prefer to do CoP and Tav regularly, rather than just spamming cities/northlands.

Anyhow, my shell is still going strong, and last night, we paid out our one billionth gil. The payout system works.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

gloat more?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-18 11:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People still dynamis?

[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-18 11:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
People still dynamis?

I still find dynamis fun :x
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-18 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And not a single ***was given.
[+]
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-02-18 11:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that deep and insightful view on how your linkshell works.

Next week on under the mask, we learn how Bart really feels about AH, learn about the lies deceit and sordid affairs of KFH and find out if Fried chicken really is all the rage from Tigerwoods.

Don't miss it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-18 11:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kk
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-18 11:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

1.5mil per month is pretty low. You can easily get that every 1-2 weeks with a lowman setup.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: Get a livejournal you shrub.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
1.5mil per month is pretty low. You can easily get that every 1-2 weeks with a lowman setup.
or you can just take your 6man linkshell.. shout for a bunch of people to kill stuff faster let them lot 2 win 1, and divide the payout amongst the 6 members
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-18 11:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

Yeah, I can chocobo dig that in 2 days with just NPC profit, lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

how long do you dig for?
[+]
By Petrah 2011-02-18 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... how much can you make npc'n Aby gear if you have 1 million cruor? How long will it take for you to get 1 million cruor...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrah said:
Hmmm... how much can you make npc'n Aby gear if you have 1 million cruor? How long will it take for you to get 1 million cruor...
made like 200k cruor in a few hours with just 4 people killing stuff
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-02-18 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I made about 10m in one month from crafting. Press a few buttons, npc a few items, easier than people flipping ***for hitting a sleeping mob.
[+]
By Petrah 2011-02-18 11:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

...so a month worth of Dyna= waste of time? I think so if you just want to talk about how much gil you are paying out... perhaps I'm wrong, but its just my opinion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2011-02-18 11:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

One person who shares his success got trolled by the whole community. This forum is filled with a bunch of "grown up" men who rate down almost everything they don't care about and put a stupid comment on it. Way to go !

On the Original Post, Well what can i say, Congratulations on the success =)
[+]
 Garuda.Guyledouche
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Guyledouche 2011-02-18 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow it really amazes me how big of douches most people are on these forums. Do you all have such low self-esteem that you have to belittle others to make your feel good? Vxsote good job on keeping your LS running, not many people still do dynamis. My dynamis shell folded soon after the cap increased, as did most on my server. Kinda a shame since i did enjoy it. Hope your run continues, good luck.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
One person who shares his success got trolled by the whole community. This forum is full with a bunch of "grown up" men who rate down almost everything they don't care about and put a stupid comment on it. Way to go !

Maybe because the OP posted it in an incredibly condescending way, and the fact that it was pointless to start with, and also that it's nothing to gloat about.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-18 11:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

how long do you dig for?

Well, I'm an Expert level (MAX) which took 8-9 months to reach. Which is about as fast as you can do it (Did Hot and Cold too), and I can haul up my quota in about 1.5hrs on average. But it can take as long as 6 hours if there's competition.

You also need certain craft skills and recipes, I'm sure you could find them yourself, but I won't blab and spoil the thrill of the hunt.

Too bad there's not a way to verify digging rank outside of the game system. I'd love to have that on my profile, since it's a rare trait, especially for a non-mule character, I retired digging though, since I have a good chunk of pocket change and no desire to obtain a relic, so hoarding more is just asking to get picked off by RMT.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Guyledouche said:
Wow it really amazes me how big of douches most people are on these forums. Do you all have such low self-esteem that you have to belittle others to make your feel good? Vxsote good job on keeping your LS running, not many people still do dynamis. My dynamis shell folded soon after the cap increased, as did most on my server. Kinda a shame since i did enjoy it. Hope your run continues, good luck.

Maybe because the OP posted it in an incredibly condescending way, and the fact that it was pointless to start with, and also that it's nothing to gloat about.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-18 11:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Garuda.Guyledouche said:

woah...double post...all the way
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2011-02-18 11:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well nobody asks you to give a ***about this topic. If you think it's "nothing to gloat about" you can just go find another topic that is worth "gloating about". It's a neutral post, it's not a bad post why would you rate down and put a stupid comment on it ?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Garuda.Guyledouche said:

woah...double post...all the way

Same reply was needed for both.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well nobody asks you to give a ***about this topic. If you think it's "nothing to float about" you can just go find another topic that is worth "floating about". It's a neutral post, it's not a bad post why would you rate down and put a stupid comment on it ?

What floating?

And yeah, you see when someone posts on a forum you have every right to reply. If it's a pointless thread don't expect people to say it isn't.

If you can't deal with the criticism, don't make a thread that will garner it.
[+]
By Petrah 2011-02-18 11:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Guyledouche said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
One person who shares his success got trolled by the whole community. This forum is filled with a bunch of "grown up" men who rate down almost everything they don't care about and put a stupid comment on it. Way to go !

I feel bad now.. thnx. I'll try and right my wrong. When I see Vxsote, since I'm from Unicorn, I will give him some gil.

My bad dawg...
[+]
 Unicorn.Vxsote
Server: Unicorn
user: VxSote
By Unicorn.Vxsote 2011-02-18 11:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a lot of people are /butthurt that they can't get a bunch of people to go mindlessly kill ***for them for free anymore. But don't you know, relics are trash now because empyrians are so much better anyhow!

Don't like my post? Q.Q more, kthx.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-02-18 12:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont like your post, so im definiately going to QQ more :(!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 12:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Vxsote said:
Sounds like a lot of people are /butthurt that they can't get a bunch of people to go mindlessly kill ***for them for free anymore. But don't you know, relics are trash now because empyrians are so much better anyhow!

Don't like my post? Q.Q more, kthx.

Most relics, not all relics.

It was never free either, unless you were in a ***dyna shell.
[+]
First Page 2 3