users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Browsing Atmas
Browsing Atmas
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-02-01 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was looking at atmas yesterday and noticed that quite a few of them were labeled to "Gain full benefit of (element)day/(element) weather bonuses"

I was under the assumption that weather did not exist in abyssea. Why include that in the atma description, unless maybe they plan to let us use atmas outside of abyssea at some point?

Also for Sobek, and other doom using mobs inside abyssea. I saw Atma of the Savior: "Enhances all status effects"+:Superior; "Resistance to all status ailments"+:Superior; Occasionally absorbs damage taken.

This atma is insane and awesome, wondering if indeed it will resist doom for the most part so I don't have to try and scrounge an Odin win.

Atma of the Savior, Atma of the Apocalypse, and Atma of the Sanguine Scythe put together seems like an awesome tanking set. Thoughts? Has anyone beat abyssea yet and gotten that Atma?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 13:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

First part is probably a bit of just to keep it standard since it works just like obis otherwise it might sound like blm af2 pants or something... and um sch :).

I don't think you could resist doom outside of screens. Also atma of the einharjar doesn't do anything for doom anyways.

Depends on what you are tanking but really I'd put Future fabulous or if the mob you fighting only has 1 element whatever atma for that resist. RR over apoc since you do have to keep hate and all. Plus more dmg to tp given is always a good thing unless maybe you are planning on getting one shotting so you can get up and mijin maybe. GH is decent too for tanking/DDing
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-01 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it means you gain full benefit bonuses as if it were (element)day/(element) weather

Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-01 13:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgetting SCH spells.

I think they work like Sea Obis (Exact same wording isn't it?), just adds weather incase of SCH spells.

It wouldn't be hard to test, Go to abyssea, Cast Fire 1 on something and sleep it, go get the Fireweather/day atma, cast fire 1 on it again and if you do more damage (and its not firesday/weather...) then it gives you the full 25% bonus benefit that Day/weather can maximumly grant.

If it doesn't, its like i figured, works like Sea Obis, where you need Day/Weather present, it doesn't grant it.

Edit:

Yah, almost exactly identical wording, so... I think it works like Obis, but again, simple to test!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 13:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it and no they don't stack. Which makes sense considering the same wording since obis don't actually add any dmg themselves

Also the max is 35%.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-02-01 13:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I realized SCH can do that elemental aura bit after posting, you guys are fast on the uptake.

As far as the doom question I have never fought Sobek myself and might be thinking of a different ability, Death? In which case I have heard people suggest using a flawless ribbon might be good to negate that, would this atma still come into play? or am I just way off base?

I agree that getting down to the nitty gritty for a specific element might be better in certain situations, but you can't miss the part about occasionally absorbs damage. It is like having the fiat lux pieces (forget the name off the top of my head) in one atma.

Apoc would be more useful for the super fast cast, for me anyway, more so than the RR effect, but that is a nice bonus for getting the best use out of mijin.

The enhances status effects part I am reading as buffs? I am unsure what that part means, would be really neat to hear from someone if they have this atma.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sobek does use a move that inflicts death not doom and never tried flawless it probably better than nothing. The guy I talked to seemed to make it sound like it's just a decent resistance but you will still get hit here and there so mostly good all around for normal debuffs but if you really want to stop something make other plans

Also I meant over SS. SS is kinda garbage really.

Quick cast is very overated. You can't cast counting on it as such most the time you cast all it will do is save you a small amount of time. In fact it can actually screw you over since most blink tanks I know like to recast before shadows they are down and sometimes that means going Ni --> ichi (personally I like to try and stay ichi ->> ichi but AOEs what you going to do?) which quick cast could mess with
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-02-01 13:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

I think from what you said the RR should indeed be used over apoc, while SS is kinda meh alone, the RR and SS combined cap crit hit damage, boost to crit rate, huge boost to dex, and add HP and Enmity, which in abyssea tanking on nin (which rarely actually happens I will agree) would be a huge boon I would think. The third I dunno yet, the main atma in question seems good, really good for solo, and maybe can be used as your situational one idk.