Best Months For Earth Weather In Attohwa Chasm?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Best months for Earth Weather in Attohwa Chasm?
Best months for Earth Weather in Attohwa Chasm?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-01 02:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious if anyone's come to this zone for some of the earlier trials for earth weather and can share their experience :P. I read that Earth weather is 'frequent' in the Chasm, but I've been there 3 hours and there's been none and it's not forcasted at all either. Was thinking maybe there's not much earth weather in the Spring months (4 to 6). The next month (7) is the start of summer, anyone know if earth weather is more frequent in the chasm during the summer months?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-01 09:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump*
By Nabis 2011-02-01 09:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

quicksand caves <.< for easy earth path
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-02-01 09:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt it. If you want to know when there will be earth weather, just use the magian specs.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-01 09:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
quicksand caves <.< for easy earth path

Yea, was thinking about that. Just read that Earth was frequent in the Chasm so was trying it out.

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
I highly doubt it. If you want to know when there will be earth weather, just use the magian specs.

Yes, I understand the purpose of the Magian Specs >,>. That has nothing to do with my question. The weather in any given place is affected by the seasons. I remember camping wind weather in the Wajaom/Bhaflau region for Puks/Diremetes. During the Winter months I never once saw Wind forecasted, and it popped only once while I was out there for maybe 5 mins. But then Spring came, and almost every single day the forecast showed Wind. All I'm asking is if the Summer months will bring more earth weather, as checking the spectacles on multiple different days during the Spring months has revealed no Earth weather at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-02-01 10:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Yes, I understand the purpose of the Magian Specs >,>. That has nothing to do with my question. The weather in any given place is affected by the seasons. I remember camping wind weather in the Wajaom/Bhaflau region for Puks/Diremetes. During the Winter months I never once saw Wind forecasted, and it popped only once while I was out there for maybe 5 mins. But then Spring came, and almost every single day the forecast showed Wind. All I'm asking is if the Summer months will bring more earth weather, as checking the spectacles on multiple different days during the Spring months has revealed no Earth weather at all.
I would imagine that is purely coincidental, and sounds just like eyeballing to me. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sceptical about it.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-02-01 10:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

weather is highly influenced by the month.
Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:

Weather is highly influenced by the month. Some months you can get near constant weather while others you get hardly any you want at all. Boyahda tree for example can have near constant Thunder constant Water a mix of both or hardly any of either depending on the month you go to the zone.

You learn something every day :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-02-01 10:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I stand corrected. Thanks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Radicant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2011-03-11 18:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I had great luck in A.C. for Earth and Fire weather. You just gotta plan ahead & be patient.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-03-11 18:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is exactly what lacks in the wiki regarding each elemental path.
General rule is just because the suggested area is said to have a lot of the "elemental weather" isn't always true as the month plays a huge part in that.

Its all seasonal, so its always best to use your Magian locs to know if you should do your trial or do something else. GL!