Treasure Hunter Effectiveness
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed there is no thread here that discusses this new addition to the game.

Since i come back to FFXI a few weeks ago, i can honestly say im not an abyssea person, what i have noticed is that the majority of players are out doing abyssea while older content is left alone, therefore demand for certain drops have increased a lot, due to the overwhelming job leveling of jobs like WHM and NIN.

When i started to farm, i noticed i would get Treasure Hunter Effectiveness.

At the moment i have THF 90 (TH3) plus a Thiefs Knife and Assassin Armlets +1, this brings me to TH5(TH3+2 to some people) and its really helped with those rare drops.

When i first started using TH5, often i could get Treasure Hunter effectiveness 7 early on in a fight, then it would go up to 8 after some work and stop there, but for some odd reason, one day i come back online and it had changed, so i only get 6 at the start, and 7 max.

Im still using the exact same gears for TH5, tried switching daggers around, but i can never reach TH effectiveness 8 again, im wondering if anybody else noticed the same thing?

Its hard to show any evidence into exactly how TH effectiveness works, i do know that if you have less TH, (i have been thf 90 before and took out my armlets and thiefs knife) like if you have TH3, the effectiveness went down to 4 > 5 although this was when my TH5 was doing a max of 8

The only time i have noticed my effectiveness have an impact on drops was in a Dynamis Tavnazia run, its very difficult to get effectiveness to go up in dynamis due to the speed the mobs die, but more often then not, if i got some effectiveness on it, we had 1-2 drops from the monster.

Let me know what you think. :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-28 13:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes time or a lot of luck to get the third proc. That's all there is to say imo. When I TH I use SA and TA as soon as they are up and melee in normal tp gear so I hit a lot with capped haste etc and still I don't see a third proc everytime.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 13:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/101167-Some-TH-Testing
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 13:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It can skip lvls. So when you were getting 7 you either didn't notice the 6 or just went to 7 or you had some kind of external TH like from atma or kupopowers. Also you could potentially get 10 I think. I've gotten up to 8 I think with just TH4 to start.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It can go up again? After so many battles on my THF, using SA and TA as much as possible, i have never seen a third proc of the TH effectiveness, which numbers do you get?

Also like i said in my post, im most definately not an Abyssea person so i did not have an atma for TH, since coming back i been farming in older zones
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 13:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's random and takes a bit of time and luck. Most things die too quickly alot of the time
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Im guessing the only reason why i was getting TH effectiveness 8 was because of kupopowers, then when i logged back on that certain power had gone which reverted me back to 6-7
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is just guesswork right now, but im guessing with each extra treasure hunter effectiveness the cap goes up by 1.

TH1 = 2-3
TH2 = 3-4
TH3 = 4-5
TH4 = 5-6
TH5 = 6-7
TH6 = 7-8

Kupopowers may increase the cap by 1, and im not exactly sure how an Atma would affect it.

Also Finalvegeta says it can proc a third time although its really hard to do, has anyone else seen this?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 13:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Guesswork? This ***isn't new. Read the thread I posted. You're not going to discover anything that hasn't already been.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually reading all of that, it seems like its still under discussion, and there is no post about this in this forum, and i never use BG.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-28 13:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've went up to 7, with TH3 to start, in abyssea, no atma with TH.

Pretty much would only SA or TA with my mule to get that.

edit:
Not that its new to most ppl. Don't remember it going more than +4 though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, im wondering if THF always had treasure hunter work this way, but it was just not shown in a chat log, it still seems like some of those rare drops are still really hard to get even with TH5 and getting the best TH effectiveness out of the mob.

Did anyone notice a significant increase in rare drops after this update? I know its not exactly a brand new update, but to me it is lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 13:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did anyone notice a significant increase in rare drops after this update? I know its not exactly a brand new update, but to me it is lol

In the past couple of updates, ya. This one specifically, no.

It's called blue !!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-01-28 13:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought there was just a screenshot that shows TH effectiveness going up to 9? no?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

In the past couple of updates, ya. This one specifically, no.

It's called blue !!

Blue? If your talking about abyssea then it does not interest me in the slightest
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
i thought there was just a screenshot that shows TH effectiveness going up to 9? no?

A screenshot where? Some people have stated TH effectiveness can go up to 11 apparently, using TH6, atma etc although this aint been proven.

Highest i ever seen with TH5, most likely with kupopower as well, was 8, no matter how many mobs i killed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-01-28 13:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

found the pic for 9, and nice I havent heard of 11

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/53615
 Ifrit.Airius
Server: Ifrit
user: Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2011-01-28 13:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because I didn't see it mentioned earlier, one of our ls thf was able to proc TH11 a couple times (lvl 90 TH3, knife, hands, +2 feet and dread abyssite and 4 TH upgrades). So far this seems to be the max as I have not heard of anyone getting 5 TH procs
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-28 13:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten up to TH10 a few times np. Your base TH level utilizes all three traits, and all gear, which means THF can top off at TH6 naturally. Kupopowers and Atma make that TH7. When TH first procs on a mob, it will be invisible but static, so you can swap out TH gear. If your TH bonus goes up, it'll be +1 from the TH you had on initial hit. If you have TH6 with gear, it'll go to TH7, for instance. After that, it can go proc whenever and however, and SA/TA increase the chance of going up.

It all really boils down to luck. Sometimes I get to TH9 in under 30 seconds of the fight, sometimes I never get past TH7. It's a lottery. If you really want to enhance your TH the best possible, make sure your THF is the only damage dealer on the monster/NM, because you'll have more chances.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 13:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Blue?
Red !! increases drop rate on atma and key items (I say increases because they are not 100% drop there is still a small chance of not getting).

Grellow !! increases drop rate on magian armor upgrade items

Blue !! increases drop rate on regular drops.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea

Look at weakness triggering for details.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
Just because I didn't see it mentioned earlier, one of our ls thf was able to proc TH11 a couple times (lvl 90 TH3, knife, hands, +2 feet and dread abyssite and 4 TH upgrades). So far this seems to be the max as I have not heard of anyone getting 5 TH procs

Very interesting, this is some great feedback thanks!

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I've gotten up to TH10 a few times np. Your base TH level utilizes all three traits, and all gear, which means THF can top off at TH6 naturally. Kupopowers and Atma make that TH7. When TH first procs on a mob, it will be invisible but static, so you can swap out TH gear. If your TH bonus goes up, it'll be +1 from the TH you had on initial hit. If you have TH6 with gear, it'll go to TH7, for instance. After that, it can go proc whenever and however, and SA/TA increase the chance of going up.

It all really boils down to luck. Sometimes I get to TH9 in under 30 seconds of the fight, sometimes I never get past TH7. It's a lottery. If you really want to enhance your TH the best possible, make sure your THF is the only damage dealer on the monster/NM, because you'll have more chances.

Even more great feedback, im starting to see more how this th effectiveness works and how people take advantage of it, it seems like my THF is only the high level job which would be any good in abyssea, and with the high evasion and this update to treasure hunter i can see why a lot more people want a THF.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Blue?
Red !! increases drop rate on atma and key items (I say increases because they are not 100% drop there is still a small chance of not getting).

Ahh i see now, i knew about procs but not the details of them, however im staying away from doing anything in abyssea for now, as its really not a challenge from what i can see, and all i hear are stories about players stealing drops and monsters off others, so im staying away from the drama land lol.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-28 13:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be interesting to know if the max procs above initial TH was actually 4. I've never heard of it going above 11 with Base TH7.
 Ifrit.Airius
Server: Ifrit
user: Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2011-01-28 13:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

something else I didn't see, Trick Attack and Sneak Attack have a higher chance of getting a TH upgrade. So if you're having trouble make sure you are using those (which you should be using anyways)
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-28 13:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Blue?

Ahh i see now, i knew about procs but not the details of them, however im staying away from doing anything in abyssea for now, as its really not a challenge from what i can see, and all i hear are stories about players stealing drops and monsters off others, so im staying away from the drama land lol.
You are basically missing out on what has become 90% of FFXI's gameplay.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Would be interesting to know if the max procs above initial TH was actually 4. I've never heard of it going above 11 with Base TH7.

It would be interesting to find out, but it seems that 11 is the max until someone can prove otherwise

Ifrit.Airius said:
something else I didn't see, Trick Attack and Sneak Attack have a higher chance of getting a TH upgrade. So if you're having trouble make sure you are using those (which you should be using anyways)

Yea basically THFs cant be lazy anymore, they got to work for their TH to increase lol, which is why i like this addition to the job quite a bit
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 13:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Blue?

You are basically missing out on what has become 90% of FFXI's gameplay.

I aint too bothered, i dont come onto the game to be bored out of my mind, which is what happens whenever i do anything inside abyssea lol :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-01-28 13:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:

It'll definitely be a "challenge" for you until you get some atmas >.>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 13:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you be more bored in abyssea then completely owning everything outside? I mean most of the worthwhile nms are around the same lvl as you or lower now lol. Would hardly call that a challenge. ***bst going and soloing random sea gods and ***
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just like older content thats all, is it so odd that im one of the few players out there who dont like the concept of Abyssea? I have been to abyssea, and got 3 +1 head gears for my thf drk and pld, but it was extremely to do it even without atmas.

I looked up other quests, i seen my father who does abyssea quite a bit, and it just looks extremely easy to me and not appealing in the slightest.

Actually almost quit this game when abyssea came out just because exp became incredibly easy to come by, and its like no one cares to work at a job nowadays and finds it acceptable to leech whenever they can.

Playing a hardcore version of FF7 at the moment, which is more fun then abyssea to be honest
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9