users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Atheling mantle vs Lancer's pelerine
Atheling mantle vs Lancer's pelerine
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-01-28 04:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling or Lancer's pelerine for TP set?
I would say Lancer but wonder what other DRG think
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 04:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta depends on how much gear and outside haste and double attack you have
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-28 05:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DEF:9 Accuracy+5 Haste+1% Wyvern: HP+30
vs
DEF:15 Attack+20 "Double Attack"+3%

personally i'd still say Atheling win's.. DRG are rimming with accuracy so the acc won't be much of an addition.

but in essense ...

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sorta depends on how much gear and outside haste and double attack you have
This.....

Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-01-28 05:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My TP set

Lancer's mezail + 2
Lancer's plackart +2
Bullwhip belt
Lancer's pelerine/Atheling mantle
Brutal/Assault eaaring
Rajas/Iota ring
Lancer's Schynbalds +1
Homam cosciales
Perle moufles
Pole grip
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-28 05:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
My TP set

Rajas/Omega ring

what?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 05:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also why aren't you capping anyways? Not counting mantle and weapon drg can get 31% haste...
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-01-28 05:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

OOOPS erm Iota ring lol
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-01-28 05:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also why aren't you capping anyways? Not counting mantle and weapon drg can get 31% haste...

31% ??? I see more % on afv3+2 feet, Dusk gloves +1 ace gears Blitz ring (dont tell me +8 haste head >,> )

Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-28 05:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ Dusk gloves, blitz ring, Timarli Jawshan and use atheling :p
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-01-28 05:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the advice, will prefer Blitz, feet+2 and dusk
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 05:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
31% ??? I see more % on afv3+2 feet, Dusk gloves +1 ace gears Blitz ring (dont tell me +8 haste head >,> )
Well to get to 31% yeah you'd have to without weapon/back.

Either way you only need 26% so that shouldn't be too hard. Just go to http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ and look up drg haste

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's really best for searching single stats option not overall. Also it gives you options for each slot to chose from too

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah it's really best for searching single stats not overall
Idk, look at the edit, I would say that is pretty close.
yeah or check several stats. That has been improved alot recently
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-28 06:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That site is terrible.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
That site is terrible.
Ya know 99.9% of the people that say that don't even understand the basics of how to use it. If nothing else it is awesome for making specific stat builds. Assuming you know how to click the single stat button...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-28 06:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH power search works nicely as well while telling you the prices of each item, availability etc. And for every one person who will use that site properly another few people are going to think the terrible builds it comes up with are good.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh it's improved alot and I hate waiting ffxiah to actually input new gear to the power search. I mean by the time lvl 76+ gear was searchable we were already lvl 90 lol.

More importantly it organizes and adds it up better and then lets you chose sidegrades and such to play with it. Powersearch is very clunky in comparison
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-28 06:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well to get to 31% yeah you'd have to without weapon/back.

Either way you only need 26% so that shouldn't be too hard. Just go to http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ and look up drg haste

Stop advertising this site, it's incredibly awful. It has a chance to give you a decent idea of possible gear choices, but usally doesn't give anything worthwile in more than a slot or two. It's an interesting concept, but it's horribly executed.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well to get to 31% yeah you'd have to without weapon/back. Either way you only need 26% so that shouldn't be too hard. Just go to http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ and look up drg haste
Stop advertising this site, it's incredibly awful. It has a chance to give you a decent idea of possible gear choices, but usally doesn't give anything worthwile in more than a slot or two. It's an interesting concept, but it's horribly executed.
You are one of the people who have no clue to use it. Use single stat search function for your builds. It will show the top 10 of that stat in each slot. If that isn't worthwile idk what is. It takes some brains to know if you are getting more haste than the cap and to click the options to switch around or to not use haste staff on drg lol... but still
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-28 06:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well to get to 31% yeah you'd have to without weapon/back. Either way you only need 26% so that shouldn't be too hard. Just go to http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ and look up drg haste
You are one of teh people who have no clue to use it. Use single stat search function for your builds. It will show the top 10 of that stat in each slot. If that isn't worthwile idk what is

I know how to use it fine, it is just set up poorly.

Edit: Must have been fixed since I last used it, didn't put me in a Zircon Ring this time for DEX.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I've yet to see anything nearly as good when it's used right. If you hae some site that is better please share?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 06:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Edit: Must have been fixed since I last used it, didn't put me in a Zircon Ring this time for DEX.
After the last update or 2 it was kinda broken for some reason. Kept doing really weird stuff. Think he was trying to add some more functionality to it (like making it so you can single search any stat not just main ones) and kinda borked it up big time
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-28 07:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
After the last update or 2 it was kinda broken for some reason. Kept doing really weird stuff. Think he was trying to add some more functionality to it (like making it so you can single search any stat not just main ones) and kinda borked it up big time

Well, I retract my comment then, it appears he fixed the problem and the site is running splendidly.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-28 07:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
but usally doesn't give anything worthwile in more than a slot or two. It's an interesting concept, but it's horribly executed.

In a game where pretty much anyone who reads any forum knows pretty much which cookie cutter gear to where for any situation, one or two slots is groundbreaking.

Also, back at 75 cap, that site was a godsend for elemental resist builds.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 07:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Well, I retract my comment then, it appears he fixed the problem and the site is running splendidly.
It seems it's actually decent at making overall good builds instead of just single stat now... but I've yet to play with it much yet since it always kinda was iffy. Plus that really is more situationally really. Like mixing acc evasion and haste or whatever