BST solos
First Page 2 ... 28 29 30
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-22 18:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see a topic for this, so I figured I might as well make one. What do you fellow BSTs solo these days?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-01-22 18:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it or not, with a decent Pet -pdt set you can solo alot of things in the 1st tier aby. zones. Since atmas work for pets.

I love that I soloed Minhocao with Dipper Yuly. I had the -10% taken axe and a primal belt at the time. I also used Mounted Champion and Stronghold.
By Jinsaki 2011-01-22 18:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd 43/50 Fistule Discharges. Fight can be duo'd with ease though so not sure if it really counts.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-01-22 19:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinsaki said:
Solo'd 43/50 Fistule Discharges. Fight can be duo'd with ease though so not sure if it really counts.

So did you solo or duo it? lol
[+]
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2011-01-22 19:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently my BST solo beef is with Jailer of Faith, won't stop until he drops my damn torque... lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-22 19:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinsaki said:

Wondering this also.
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-22 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone soloed Manananggal or Vetehinen? I tried on BST, got Mana down to about 50% before I lost, more or less the same on Vetehinen, he seemed to be a crit. hit machine.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mochalatte
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Mochalatte 2011-01-22 20:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Got bored and solo'd Balaur a few times, many times on Rask too..solo'd Chary, a lot easier now, not sure if it was as easy before 76-90 though
By Heillon 2011-01-22 21:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a thread open similar to this... Got buried quickly...
By Jinsaki 2011-01-22 21:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Jinsaki said:

Duo 7 of them, solo'd 43. I wrote a guide for soloing fistule on alla, I can repost strategy I used if you want.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Forseti
Server: Cerberus
user: Twan
By Cerberus.Forseti 2011-01-22 23:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just solod seiryu if sky matters at all. i died during 2 hour cuz of unfortunate paralyze. Also had a brain fart and was using sheep. then i used yuly and was able to withstand seiryu indefinetly without fearing its 2 hour. decent reward setup. fight took a while cuz of windwall next time ill go sub rdm >< but ya just tossing that out there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-01-23 01:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinsaki said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Jinsaki said:

Duo 7 of them, solo'd 43. I wrote a guide for soloing fistule on alla, I can repost strategy I used if you want.

Yes, please.
By Jinsaki 2011-01-23 01:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Strategy I used: Dipper Yuly x 1, Evasion axes +1 x 2, decent reward set, call beast/reward merits, full set of healing temp items, *Powder boots/movement speed+,RR/Ducal, and /NIN.

*Powder boots not needed, but help when you are just getting started.

You "spawn" Fistule by dragging an NM to it. Guimauve (lottery pop), or Bloodguzzler (forced pop) both work fine. When you drag the nm to him it will use dissolve which is a conal AoE, but can be easily dodged by you and your pet with some easy maneuvering. The damage should be ~800 to Yuly, so either heal, or let it take a couple hits before you worry about it. Drag Fistule far north, preferably over the hills. You can melee with Yuly standing opposite of it, throwing in some nice damage to speed up the fight. Use Spiral Spin when tp is up, but if you feel Yuly is dodging fairly well feel free to use Noisome powder (goal is to evasion tank though).

Around 84% hp Fistule will use Cytokinesis, spawning 2 Pustules. Now is a good time to use Reward if Yuly is dipping around 50~60%. Disengage from Fistule, and get to max casting range and pull both Pustules. With both Pustules on you start running south, thanks to the horrible pathing thanks to the terrain you should be able to get a good lead on them. Try and stay ~25 yalms away. After taking them so far away from Fistule they will despawn. Run back to Fistule, and if Yuly's health is running low toss it a Reward. Rinse and repeat until dead.

Points of interest:

Some of you may be wondering why I used /nin over /whm or /sch.

Dissolve: Conal true AoE 800 or less damage.
Mucus Spread: AoE slow, unsure on radius.
Epoxy Spread: AoE bind, 2 shadows absorb it.
Cytokinesis: AoE ~20 Gravity, spawns 2 Pustules. 2 shadows absorb it. Uses approximately every 20%

Pustules if you kill/use Fluid Spread will split into 2 more pustules. At max there can be 8 Pustules at one time.
If you do not despawn the Pustules when dragging them away they will go to the main area, and slowly work their way back to Fistule.

Alternative strategy is to Kite the Pustules, as Fistule can only have 2 spawned from Cytokinesis at a time.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-01-23 02:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Got bored soloed Byakko with 2 dippers and about a stack of zeta, was healing for 1467 on reward. 1/1 on kitty pants... Go go uts recast timer!
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-01-23 02:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant seem to figure out how to link picture, sorry ; ;
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-01-23 02:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-01-23 02:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I failed hardcore like 3 times, figured it out though, all good now *^.^*
[+]
 Valefor.Cado
Server: Valefor
user: Cado
By Valefor.Cado 2011-01-23 08:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats on the byakko solo!

what's you're gear look like for that?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-23 08:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

whats pet and axes of choise for peeps solo?
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-01-23 09:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Woot 28k
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-23 12:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinsaki said:
Strategy I used: Dipper Yuly x 1, Evasion axes +1 x 2, decent reward set, call beast/reward merits, full set of healing temp items, *Powder boots/movement speed+,RR/Ducal, and /NIN.

*Powder boots not needed, but help when you are just getting started.

You "spawn" Fistule by dragging an NM to it. Guimauve (lottery pop), or Bloodguzzler (forced pop) both work fine. When you drag the nm to him it will use dissolve which is a conal AoE, but can be easily dodged by you and your pet with some easy maneuvering. The damage should be ~800 to Yuly, so either heal, or let it take a couple hits before you worry about it. Drag Fistule far north, preferably over the hills. You can melee with Yuly standing opposite of it, throwing in some nice damage to speed up the fight. Use Spiral Spin when tp is up, but if you feel Yuly is dodging fairly well feel free to use Noisome powder (goal is to evasion tank though).

Around 84% hp Fistule will use Cytokinesis, spawning 2 Pustules. Now is a good time to use Reward if Yuly is dipping around 50~60%. Disengage from Fistule, and get to max casting range and pull both Pustules. With both Pustules on you start running south, thanks to the horrible pathing thanks to the terrain you should be able to get a good lead on them. Try and stay ~25 yalms away. After taking them so far away from Fistule they will despawn. Run back to Fistule, and if Yuly's health is running low toss it a Reward. Rinse and repeat until dead.

Points of interest:

Some of you may be wondering why I used /nin over /whm or /sch.

Dissolve: Conal true AoE 800 or less damage.
Mucus Spread: AoE slow, unsure on radius.
Epoxy Spread: AoE bind, 2 shadows absorb it.
Cytokinesis: AoE ~20 Gravity, spawns 2 Pustules. 2 shadows absorb it. Uses approximately every 20%

Pustules if you kill/use Fluid Spread will split into 2 more pustules. At max there can be 8 Pustules at one time.
If you do not despawn the Pustules when dragging them away they will go to the main area, and slowly work their way back to Fistule.

Alternative strategy is to Kite the Pustules, as Fistule can only have 2 spawned from Cytokinesis at a time.

Thanks for this. So You only used 2 atmas? And how did you pull both pustules from max casting range?or do they just agro you automatically and not dipper? Either or, sounds like an easy duo. And im liking how you can use bloodguzzler and not guimauve.

As for myself, I haven't solo'd much. Everything I've done so far except for soloing 7/8 beadeaux (s) nms and tier 2 regular vnms has been duo. Western temenos, we normally end up with 20-30 coins each.

But I do want to try some ZNMs and some of the fomor NMs in the past.
By Jinsaki 2011-01-23 15:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Thanks for this. So You only used 2 atmas? And how did you pull both pustules from max casting range?or do they just agro you automatically and not dipper? Either or, sounds like an easy duo. And im liking how you can use bloodguzzler and not guimauve.

As for myself, I haven't solo'd much. Everything I've done so far except for soloing 7/8 beadeaux (s) nms and tier 2 regular vnms has been duo. Western temenos, we normally end up with 20-30 coins each.

But I do want to try some ZNMs and some of the fomor NMs in the past.

Yes at the time I only had 2 atma, with three this fight is probably a joke. I pulled using Hyoton Ichi/Ni. They will spawn attacking whoever has the most hate but their accuracy is a joke for the most part. Honestly once you get this fight down at most you'll be using 3~5 biscuits, and Lucid potion/Dusty Elixir. Can also take some pictures of Fistule for building fame as well if you haven't yet.
 Hades.Xhander
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2011-01-25 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Khalamari and Piasa are really easy solo's with Dipper.

PDT Axes +2
5 Zetas Max

RR, and Impreg Tower atma.
[+]
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-01-25 14:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carabosse can be soloed as well with bst/dnc. Not an easy fight but definitely a challenge. Only 2 major issues for this fight. Cyclonic Torrent, and Cyclonic Turmoil are strong AOE that can hurt the master, if it begins to spam it 2 back to back of these moves can wipe. Just need to have TP read to cure outside of range and you'll be fine.

Should try to stun her Aeroga IV and Aero V during Winter Breeze mode. Other then that, this fight isn't too bad. Took me about 25min to solo and I forgot my DD gear. I used Gnarled Horn, RR & Regen Atma.
First Page 2 ... 28 29 30