Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Iga Kyahan problems
Iga Kyahan problems
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-21 10:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We had nin, blm AND brd, and for all 3 pops it was blu trigger.. That's horrible luck ; ;
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-21 10:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Went with an alliance fighting Rock Murex and 2 pairs of Iga Kyahan dropped fairly quickly. Lost lot on both. After alliance disbanded, I soloed tigers for 6 hours before I saw another pair. In those 6 hrs i got 2 smn, 2 sch, 2 pup, drg and dnc.

Now to get my damn Vunkerl T2 abyssite to change, that's proving to be hard today!! -.-

Should head over to Cerb and I'll halp! :p

You have a secret trick how to get abyssite to change? Prz share! :P Mine won't today, 0/7 now, and I have competition too ><

Secret trick is use someone else's abyssite ~_~ we farmed this monday and freaking 7 converts to T3. My lil ol' abyssite is forever t2...

lol we did this last night ***was so annoying just trying to get 1 T3
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-21 22:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up getting a pair while I was killing Ladybugs for my STR Sword Trials, if that helps any. It was a lucky gold chest too, since it was my first one with treasure in it.

And yeah, that ***'s just bad luck. Rage was commencing. D:
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-21 22:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently experiencing huge problems getting these too, although it is just a luck thing.

Will pay large sums of gil to anyone on Bahamut to get me a pair!
 Bismarck.Crebont
Server: Bismarck
user: Crebont
By Bismarck.Crebont 2011-01-22 20:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

finally! ninja *** feet! i never wanna see another gold box again. . .
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-22 20:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My groups always in abundance whenever we do a Key item farm D: sorry gaiz
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-23 00:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Crebont said:
At least not in Scars areas.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-23 01:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said:
Let me rephrase.
It took me 36hrs + 1x Echandras to get my Iga Kyahan.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Echy

LOL i just saw this. speaking of vunker frustrations...find me some cor feet and while you're at it, make dragua not suck ~___~
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-01-23 02:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Crebont said:

Congratulations!

I still haven't got my Dancer feet and now I have run out of Traverser Stones.
I did get Navarch's and Caller's feet on my last run, I haven't even unlocked Corsair. lol
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-01-23 04:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Had the same issue with these feet as well. My bf and I spent 6 hours in Vunkerl one night, 8 hour the next... the following day we went to try again and got them in the first goddamn chest that dropped. -.- We both only had two gold box abyssites (abyssite of destiny), had amber killed one ephemeral murex and pearl on a few VNMs.

My definite suggestion is keep your amber low, don't get it to the point you're getting big boxes. Just enough to get the small boxes to drop with synthesis materials and scrolls in them. Seems to me the lowest tier small boxes have various seal NM triggers/temp items, then synth mats/scrolls/shoes with stronger amber in small boxes, and key item triggers/higher quality temp items in the largest boxes. Augmented items seem to be thrown in there randomly and the augments just get better the more amber you have. I've seen shoes in large boxes as well as higher quality synth mats (khroma ores/o. ingots etc.) but it's much more common to be a key item or temp items like revitalizers once they all start dropping as big chests. I've seen 2-3 feet load in one small box on the first gold chest to drop, multiple times. Try building up pearl on a couple VNMs, amber kill one murex and start farming, I prefered mobs that don't give ruby so you can weapon skill kill and not overpower your amber light with ruby. I think the only mobs that don't give ruby in Vunkerl are murexes and bats, possibly tigers as well. You could azure kill an ephemeral murex or two as well if you want to go for time extensions but if you keep amber your strongest light then you should get more gold boxes. Of course you'll still get red and blue without farming any azure or ruby due to abyssites, but gold should be most common.

Keep in mind, I'm only speaking from my personal experiences and this is what worked for me. We saw them drop within 30 minutes this way, and most of that 30 minutes was spent chasing down VNMs for pearl. And for what it's worth we finally got the ninja feet off of the bat trios. We farmed peapuks the first night and got SMN DRG SCH SAM and 2 PUP, murexes the second night and we only got 4 SAM and 1 SMN off of a random marid as we were leaving. I personally doubt mob type has anything to do with it but who can say for sure. These feet were definitely a ***, good luck! Sorry for the wall-o-text.
[+]